Skimmed milk powder in tea/coffee???

Lord LuLu

I rarely drink tea or coffee in normal life but am thinking that tea may be the way to go to stop the hunger/cravings.

I've read that tea/coffee should be black as any additional milk has carbs in which may knock you out of ketosis but I just noticed that the first (and therefore largest) ingredient in the shakes is actually skimmed milk powder.

Would there be any issues in having a few spoonfuls of skimmed milk powder throughout the day added to tea to try and fill me up/stop me thinking about food?

I agree with Starlight, i have 2/3 cups of tea a day, mainly if i fancy something hot or i'm feeling a bit peckish, with skimmed milk in and its never been a problem for me x

and me, add skimmed milk to morning tea, have done since day 1.

GSQ

I always have a bit of skimmed milk and it does not affect my ketosis at all too. Plus I reckon an extra bit of calcium.

I was the original poster and can confirm that, certainly in my case anyway, having skimmed milk in a few cups of tea a day has had no negative effect on my weight loss. I use dried skimmed milk powder as a) it's very handy as never goes off and b) it was easier to measure the carbs which work out to approx 1.5g per teaspoon.

I use a little drop of unsweetened soy milk, I like the nutty flavour it gives coffe....And its only 1.3g carbs per 250ml! Which of course I don't put that much in my coffee!! :)

Back