Skin - argh!!

Dharma

Anyone else suddenly have problem skin since starting PP? Mine has broken out something chronic, I feel like a teenager again (not a bad thing really, I'm 30 in 2 weeks....)

I've figured it has to be having some kind of detox effect, because like someone said in another thread I have hardly eaten any carbs since starting PP. I've always eaten lots of fruit and veg, though!

Is it a PP thing? I've never had this when starting a diet anew before!

Yes me too!!! I was 35 today and I feel like I have acne!! :-( I've had about 4 spots this week and one ESP bad that I'm calling it my new friend! It's a particular angry one. Didn't occur to me it could be the diet, I've been really good and enjoyed pp. Hopefully our skin will get better asap!!!

I normally get the spots for a couple of weeks and then it settles down and my skin improves massively.. I think its a detox thing too

I'm an acne sufferer so know a bit about it. Sugar *can* be a trigger for an outbreak so if you're eating a lot of fruit that could be it. Or who knows, maybe it is the detox. Hope your skin clears up soon! Benzoyl Peroxide cream (in products like Oxy, I think? I get mine from the States...) is excellent (though drying!)

Glad it isn't just me!

Pistachio, I'm pretty sure that the amount of choc I was eating before I started WW would have triggered a spotfest if it was sugar - I'm just trying to convince myself that it's a sign of inner cleansing....

When i did atkins everything you'd restart you'd get a breakout for 2 days or so, it's just as the earlier posts say.... A lovely detox. Not at all a bad thing really, just keep concealer on hand :)

I have hardly eaten any carbs since starting PP. I've always eaten lots of fruit and veg, though!

I don't know about the acne, sorry... but it could be that your body is detoxing, because your skin is the only body part you can really see to show signs of the detox created by fruit and veg... but you do say that you've always eaten plenty, so I really don't know.

As for "hardly having eaten any carbs" and "eating a lot of fruit and veg" there's a contradiction in between these two sentences, because fruit and veg ARE carbs :) they're not processed carbs, complex carbs, but carbs nonetheless :) sorry about being picky :).

I'm an acne sufferer so know a bit about it. Sugar *can* be a trigger for an outbreak so if you're eating a lot of fruit that could be it. Or who knows, maybe it is the detox. Hope your skin clears up soon! Benzoyl Peroxide cream (in products like Oxy, I think? I get mine from the States...) is excellent (though drying!)

Theres a cream you can get over the counter in the chemist called Quinoderm which has this in as well. I had terrible acne since the age of 11 and i'm now 25 and it was getting ridiculous. My doctor kept telling me id grow out of it then i heard of this cream and thought its worth a try as most normal products didnt work. I've had much much clearer skin since then. Its not for just the odd outbreak as it takes a couple of weeks to see the difference and does dry the skin out especially to start with but for someone who has constant problems like i did its worth it. If its just the odd spot id say just sit it out and have that concealer at the ready. But if its a constant problem might be worth a shot.

Theres a cream you can get over the counter in the chemist called Quinoderm which has this in as well. I had terrible acne since the age of 11 and i'm now 25 and it was getting ridiculous. My doctor kept telling me id grow out of it then i heard of this cream and thought its worth a try as most normal products didnt work. I've had much much clearer skin since then. Its not for just the odd outbreak as it takes a couple of weeks to see the difference and does dry the skin out especially to start with but for someone who has constant problems like i did its worth it. If its just the odd spot id say just sit it out and have that concealer at the ready. But if its a constant problem might be worth a shot.

Hi, how much is that cream? I have a terrible problem with spots on my neck atm. very sore and painful. xx

Hi, how much is that cream? I have a terrible problem with spots on my neck atm. very sore and painful. xx

Hi it was about £5 i think in boots, cant remember sorry but it wasnt that expensive because im a skint student and wouldnt have been able to afford it. They do 2 strengths a 5% and a 10% one id say start with the 5% which is what i did and has been fantastic.

Just looked on boots website and was £2.59 apparently. Cheaper than most other products!!!

As for "hardly having eaten any carbs" and "eating a lot of fruit and veg" there's a contradiction in between these two sentences, because fruit and veg ARE carbs :) they're not processed carbs, complex carbs, but carbs nonetheless :) sorry about being picky :).

I'm pretty sure everyone understood what I meant, which was 'starchy simple carb-based foods'.

I'm pretty sure everyone understood what I meant, which was 'starchy simple carb-based foods'.

I know, I was just gently pulling you leg hun :D

*friendly poke*:rolleyes:

Sorry, ignore me, I'm prone to misinterpreting tone when I've only had 2 hours sleep! :4635:

sorry, ignore me, i'm prone to misinterpreting tone when i've only had 2 hours sleep! :4635:

what are you doing up????? To bed, hurry up! :)

Nah, I want to stay up and watch CIN! I'm very sad, I know. Besides, he'll be up again at about 11 so I might as well stay up till then!

LOL all right :) but try to go to bed early tonight so you can have some sleep :)

I have a seven month old that abhors sleeping. I'll be getting some sleep in about 2015, I think! He's usually not as bad as he was last night, I run on about 5hrs a night and that's fine, but he's teething!!

I have a seven month old that abhors sleeping. I'll be getting some sleep in about 2015, I think! He's usually not as bad as he was last night, I run on about 5hrs a night and that's fine, but he's teething!!

oh the poor little thing... teething is maybe the worst time for a baby! good luck to him!

try to sleep when he's asleep?:sigh:

Back