Skin!

biggusburdus

Gold Member
Just a quick question, my hands are really dry and my face is too.
I was wondering if anyone was having the same issue?
I have been putting hand cream on every time I go to the loo (which is a lot!) but they look like old dears hands and look like they could burst.
I am taking one fish oil at e moment. Any suggestions?
If I take more than one fish oil will that make any difference to the diet?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Biggusburdus, I was really hoping that there would have been a reply to your post ... I'm also suffering with really dry hands. My little girl today said to me that my hands looked just like Nanny's ... all wrinkly (I was not amused !). But my face has broken out in a few spots with my cheeks being dry. I've been drinking plenty of water and taking a multivitamin daily, but just don't know what else to do ..... will watch this post for suggestions ! .... sorry I couldn't be of any help though to you ! x

Thanks for the reply. I do remember reading someone saying they used olive oil but I can't find that thread.

I remember the olive oil thread too but I've never tried it. Anyone tried olive oil for skin care? I have a vision of oiling up after a nighttime bath and then being all greasy by the time I go to bed or does it get absorbed into the skin really quickly / thoroughly?

I think (For me where i live) its the weather more than the diet.... Saying that you didnt ssay you did think that lol...

Anyway..... Boots dermacare cream at night with cotton gloves works a treat for me!!!

: ) X

Hello. This thread is a few weeks old but I was wondering if you've managed to find a cure for your dry hands.

I use sea salt and olive oil to exfoliate my dry hands (they often get nasty bleeding cracks) and then after I just rinse the salt off with water and leave the oil rubbed in. It soaks into your skin really quickly and doesn't leave any oily residue. Just make sure you use a little bit. About a teaspoon is enough.

I use it on my hair to when it's dry and brittle (sans the salt of course) just heat some olive oil and wen it's cool enough to work with rub it into you hair. Cover for 1-2 hrs with a towel and wash with shampoo as normal. It's magic. whatever oil is left I use on my skin. It's really the best / cheapest natural product out there in my opinion.

TIGGERTOES said:
Hello. This thread is a few weeks old but I was wondering if you've managed to find a cure for your dry hands.

I use sea salt and olive oil to exfoliate my dry hands (they often get nasty bleeding cracks) and then after I just rinse the salt off with water and leave the oil rubbed in. It soaks into your skin really quickly and doesn't leave any oily residue. Just make sure you use a little bit. About a teaspoon is enough.

I use it on my hair to when it's dry and brittle (sans the salt of course) just heat some olive oil and wen it's cool enough to work with rub it into you hair. Cover for 1-2 hrs with a towel and wash with shampoo as normal. It's magic. whatever oil is left I use on my skin. It's really the best / cheapest natural product out there in my opinion.

That's really helpful, I have tried all sorts from e45 to Asda cream, I have ordered gloves to put on at night with the cream as my hands look like granny hands!
The dry look has gone but they look really wrinkly and old for some reason!
I have also been taking oil capsules in case tat helps from the inside!
I will try out the trick you have mentioned and see if that helps!

Hi... i hope this helps...
You need something more oil based at night such as an aqueous gel....rather then a moisturiser such as e45 or oilatum which is more suitable during the day for your dry skin... and YES gloves will help keep the cream on your hands BUT can also make you sweat which can make the issue worse so a light cotton glove may be more suitable if you want to use them. If your hands are cracking then you may need a moisturiser with some ant-bacterial agent in it like Dermol cream which you can get from your GP. Also just be careful with what you wash your hands with if they are dry and cracked as alot of washes and soaps contain perfumes and chemicals which can make your hands worse. Try something like simple which is quite mild... then apply moisturiser. :)
You should really see your GP if you are having problems with dry skin... they may refer you to a dermatologist. It sounds a bit extreme but it could really help get your skin back on track :)
Hope you get this sorted soon. Also the spots may be due to a hormonal change due to the VLCD.....do try to use a mild face wash, cleanse and tone twice a day and persevere with the routine as you may not notice improvement until a month after treating your spots.
xx

You could try l'occitane hand cream, it's about £20. a tube n I put some every night before bed n I swear it's making my hands look younger!
I've been using it for nearly 1yr every night n my hands are brilliant as I get terrible hands from scrubbing them all the time!

v12345 said:
You could try l'occitane hand cream, it's about £20. a tube n I put some every night before bed n I swear it's making my hands look younger!
I've been using it for nearly 1yr every night n my hands are brilliant as I get terrible hands from scrubbing them all the time!

I like both ideas, the gloves are cotton and I may use the hand cream and other stuff suggested as I still need this sorted!

I just bought some baby oil and smothered it on liberally after my shower. I don't know how good it is but it can't do any harm and it's very inexpensive.

in the winter i get REALLY bad hands.. and the front of my legs at the bottom... my hands bleed sometimes :/
i find that i have to only use surcare washing up liquid and cream my hands all the time... like every hour or so if they are bad and then when they start getting better and not bleeding i reduce the amount of cream i use. in cold weather tho i always apply cream at least 3 times a day.. especially before going out. thicker creams work better for me.. not the thin watery ones xx

Back