Sleeping tablets:Want to come off them?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Holidaygirl10, 8 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Holidaygirl10

Holidaygirl10 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone,help:cry:

I have realised I am now addicted to my sleeping tablets:Zopiclone, having taken 2 for a few weeks now. Doctor never told me how addictive they are:mad:
    As I am feeling much better re anxiety and want to go back to work I want to come off them.
    I know I will have to reduce slowly but so scared:sigh:
    I have had lots of perfect nights of sleep and don't want to go back to not sleeping and long lonely nights as hubbie sleeps so soundly;)
    On the other hand I don't want to disturb him either by tossing and turning.
    I do have a spare room but hate sleeping alone:eek:
    Any advice would be appreciated
    No doubt also addicted to veneflaxine but one step at a time:eek:

Thanks
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. charlies_mummy

charlies_mummy all for my little man x

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Never try coming off any tablets without speaking to your GP, at work whenever we reduce anyones meds we have to do it so slowly and gradually, as even after a few weeks your body can become dependent, your GP should have warned you. Speak to them and if you are on 2 tabs a night they will probably recommend going down to one a night for a while, and then maybe even a lower dose tablet for a bit longer.
    It's perfectly normal to feel like you do though so don't worry, and as for the Veneflaxine, you're right one step at a time :) I am on fluoxetine and due a med review in a couple of weeks, really don't feel ready to come off it yet though :(

4. Holidaygirl10

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for your reply. Doc wasn't much help re sleeping tablets but agreed to reduce gradually.
    I think the tablets are bad for my stomach so hope to come off veneflaxine, too over the next few months too.
    Hope you have a good week:D

5. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

Take your time coming off them & speak to your GP for advice on how to taper them. As for Venlafaxine.. You will need to talk to your GP before coming off them, & it's even more important to take your time with that. I needed 10mg of Fluoxetine to help me get off them, without it I'd have been really sick.

6. Holidaygirl10

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks, only had 1 sleeping tablet last night.
    Hubbie away so didn't matter if I was restless!
    Seem to have slept anyway, just awake early,hehe:D

7. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Have you tried hypnosis cd's? Glenn Harolds are particularly good.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.