Sleeping tablets:Want to come off them?

Holidaygirl10

Silver Member
Hi everyone,help:cry:

I have realised I am now addicted to my sleeping tablets:Zopiclone, having taken 2 for a few weeks now. Doctor never told me how addictive they are:mad:
As I am feeling much better re anxiety and want to go back to work I want to come off them.
I know I will have to reduce slowly but so scared:sigh:
I have had lots of perfect nights of sleep and don't want to go back to not sleeping and long lonely nights as hubbie sleeps so soundly;)
On the other hand I don't want to disturb him either by tossing and turning.
I do have a spare room but hate sleeping alone:eek:
Any advice would be appreciated
No doubt also addicted to veneflaxine but one step at a time:eek:

Thanks
x

Never try coming off any tablets without speaking to your GP, at work whenever we reduce anyones meds we have to do it so slowly and gradually, as even after a few weeks your body can become dependent, your GP should have warned you. Speak to them and if you are on 2 tabs a night they will probably recommend going down to one a night for a while, and then maybe even a lower dose tablet for a bit longer.
It's perfectly normal to feel like you do though so don't worry, and as for the Veneflaxine, you're right one step at a time :) I am on fluoxetine and due a med review in a couple of weeks, really don't feel ready to come off it yet though :(

Thanks for your reply. Doc wasn't much help re sleeping tablets but agreed to reduce gradually.
I think the tablets are bad for my stomach so hope to come off veneflaxine, too over the next few months too.
Hope you have a good week:D

Take your time coming off them & speak to your GP for advice on how to taper them. As for Venlafaxine.. You will need to talk to your GP before coming off them, & it's even more important to take your time with that. I needed 10mg of Fluoxetine to help me get off them, without it I'd have been really sick.

Thanks, only had 1 sleeping tablet last night.
Hubbie away so didn't matter if I was restless!
Seem to have slept anyway, just awake early,hehe:D

Have you tried hypnosis cd's? Glenn Harolds are particularly good.

Back