Sleepymums First-Ever Diary: Please help!

sleepymum

Silver Member
Well I started Slimming world yesterday after years on/off WW.
I have lost 21lbs this year following the old WW points system, but I found I was starting to slip into my old ways of cooking 1 meal for my family and 1 for me.
This of course was me to allow me to spend my points on crap.

So I am hoping that by following Slimming World, my attitude to food will change.
I need to stop eating the crap/bold options and look at food differently.
I want to enjoy what I eat, and not end up in bed early every night cause I am hungry.

I am not going to weigh myself for 2 weeks, and this is to allow me time to get the SW plan into my head and hopefully stop counting points.
Found myself doing that yesterday and nearly freaked when I realised that I was over points wise what I would usually eat.
So they two weeks will allow my body to the quality and quantity of food it will be getting.

Anyway here is my plans for yesterday.
(I am following extra easy, so please, please please give me advise or tell me where I am going wrong!) :)

Day 1: Tuesday 31/05/11 (My wedding Anniversary)

Breakfast:
2 Alpen Light Bars (HEXB) broken into MullerLight with Apple and Banana

Milk (HEXA) for cups of Tea thru the day.

Snack:
Blackberries

Lunch:
Tuna, Lettuce, Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes, Grated Carrot, Apple
WW Vanilla Yogurt

Dinner:
Roast chicken (skin removed), Cauliflower, Broccoli, Green Beans, Cous Cous, Gravy (2 SYNS)

Snack:
Cake (8 SYNS)

Total SYNS: 10

Day 2: 01/06/11

Day 2: Wednesday 01/06/11 : Is this correct?- Or more importantly am I eating to much?

Breakfast:
2 Weetabix (HEXB) with hot water & Apple and Banana
Milk (HEXA) for cups of Tea thru the day.

Snack:
WW Toffee Yogurt, Alpen Light (3 SYNS)

Lunch:
Ainsley Harriot Roast Veg Cous Cous – (4 SYNS)??, Cherry Tomatoes, Strawberries & Blueberries

The plan for Dinner:
Quorn Style fish cake, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans

Late evening Snack:
Cadburys Animal Biscuits (5.5 SYNS) broken into WW Vanilla yogurt (have to use these up)

Total SYNS: 12.5

Day 3: June 2nd 2011

Well yesterday went ok. Wasn't hungry going to bed, but I didnt feel that I had gone overboard.
I think I stayed within Syns and followed EE yesterday, although there was a quick change to dinner.

So dinner yesterday was:
Baked potatoe, 2 spoons of baked beans (yuck!), beetroot, tomatoes, spring onions, lettuce, radish. - Everything was yum except the beans - Forgot how much I dont like them. :p

Anyway so far the plan is to follow EE.

Breakfast:
1 weetabix (1/2 HEXB), Banana, Apple, WW vanilla yogurt.
Milk (HEXA) for cups of Tea

Snack:
Alpen Light (1/2 HEXB), Apple

Lunch:
2 slices of wholemeal bread (6 syns), Tuna, Tomatoe, cucumber, lettuce, Strawberries

Dinner:
Cauliflower, Brocolli, Green Beans, Quorn Style Fish Cake,
Apple

Snack:
WW vanilla yogurt, Cadburys Animal Crackers (5.5 syns)

Total SYNS for today = 11.5

Plan on drinking 2 litres of water!!!

- Girls am I following the plan correctly? Is there I am doing wrong or missing out on? - All help appreciated! Thanks!

Day 4: 3rd June 2011

Yesterday went well stuck to plan and managed to get in some exercise, so happy with that.
Drank about 2 and half litres of water - Need to finish drinking a bit earlier.....:rolleyes:

Plan for today, Think I will try a green day.
Its roasting outside already, so I know that I wont be up for eating "heavy food". Warm weather always makes me feel ill.....

Breakfast:
Weetabix (HEXB), Banana, Strawberries

Milk for Tea (3 cups of Tea) (1.5 SYNS)

Snacks thru the day:
BlueBerries, Strawberries, Apples, Pineapple, 1 Kellogs Fiber Plus Bar (HEXB)

Lunch:
Lettuce, Tomatoes, Beetroot, Cucumber, Sping Onions, Grated Carrot, 2 laughing Cow triangles EL(part of HEXA), 3 Ryevita (3 SYNS)

Dinner:
Jacket Potato, Mushy Peas,2 laughing Cow triangles EL(part of HEXA)

Small Meringue Nest, WW Vanilla Yogurt, Strawberries, Kiwi (5 Syns)?

Total SYNS: 9.5

Can someone please please please let me know if this looks ok for a green day!, and if my plans look ok so far? Am I eating too much???:help2:
Thanks for the help!

Hi sleepymum!

I started back on SW last week, but lost a lot of weight with this plan about 7 years ago. I always use the green days - extra-easy didn't use to exist. I like green days because I genuinely don't feel hungry. What is extra-easy exactly?

Looking at your diary, you ask if you're eating too much... I'd ask if you're eating enough?! If you're hungry at/after lunch or in the morning, consider adding some carbohydrate or protein? Otherwise you might be tempted to eat more syns. That's what happens to me anyway. Perhaps you could try some brown rice (free) mixed into yoghurt for a kind of rice pudding? Maybe a boiled egg for slow-release protein? Although it looks like you're snacking on lots of superspeed food so maybe you're OK hunger-wise:)
(Although I never used to eat much rice, I'm a big brown rice fan now and always carry a pot of it mixed with herbs around in case I start to get hungry!) I wouldn't survive on your lunch!!

Are weetabix definitely HEB?

Apart from my question about weetabix this looks great and rather delicious - I love looking at other people's food diaries and trying to get some ideas! Congrats on the weight loss so far with WW, I'm sure you'll find SW far less restrictive - try not to think of it as a diet, I used to be like that too until my SW consultant told me I should never feel hungry and as if I was dieting:D

All looks good to me! I do green days all the time as I'm veggie, and I was always worried about eating too much carbs but this diet really changes the way I look at food!! Would just say the quorn bakes have syns in them (nit sure how many) but doesn't look like you had many syns anyway!! Good luck!!!xxx

Hi fit4hols.
Thanks for the advise. To be honest I havent really felt hungry yet, but it is only day 4 and like you said ww was so restrictive that i really dont think i was eating enough then.
Also I do think there is still a part of me that is still counting points...... Its a mind change so hopefully it will click. I am hoping that this is a lifestyle change.
Extra easy is a mix of red and green days and you only have 1hexa and 1hexb. Green was fun today so I think I will be having more of them.
I love reading other diaries too.
Thanks again.

Hi bs lovely lady
Will def be having more green days. Didnt feel hungry at all today. I didnt eat the quorn fishcakes things after, had a baked potatoe instead but I will syn them next time.
Thanks for the help.

Just checked and weetabix are hexb. But i could have read that wrong. .

Oh sorry, I realised I was reading a US pdf of healthy extras!:eek: You're right of course, Weetabix is a HEB. Glad you're not feeling hungry - I love green days too, I don't eat a lot of meat so the amount I can eat as a HEB is fine. Glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks for the info about extra easy too, still reckon I'll stick with my tried and tested green:D

Stay strong this weekend!;)

Thanks. Actually looking forward to the weekend as I think it will be easier to follow the plan when I am at home.
Its hard sorting out lunch ideas. Only have hot water. No microwave or fridge. Will be looking thru diaries for ideas.

Hi sleepymum,

Looks as though you're doing just fine. The quorn fishcakes are around 5.5 syns I think, can't remember exactly. The fishfingers are 2 per finger if you fancy them instead some time. Also the Ainsley couscous only works out around 1.5 per packet cooked as I recall - certainly not as high as 4 syns. You're definitely not eating too much either!

Good luck on the plan, hope you enjoy it x

Thanks for that beegee. Will have the couscous for work during the week and not be using to much syns. Its delicious. . .

So the plan for today- ee:
Breakfast:
Mullerlight, strawberries, banana, apples

Lunch:
3 babybel light (hexa), chicken, ham, radish, lettuce, spring onion, beetroot, carrot, tomatoe

Dinner:
Ham and spring onion omelette with salad (as above). Maybe some butternut sqush wedges. Going to try these later.

Snacks:
2 alpen light bars (hexb)
Strawberries, blueberries, ww yogurt, apple
3 bottles of bacardi breezer pineapple 100 cal (15 syns)

Hi Sleepymum :wavey:

Sounds like you are adjusting to SW very nicely! I don't go to a class either ... it's just me & Minimins against the world! The Syns thread is quite good for finding out how many syns are in products (like the Ainsley Harriott couscous) - well worth a look there before eating something you might regret ;)

Good luck!

Thanks ali
This site is brilliant. Love reading the diaries. Geat for getting ideas. Just tried the butternut squash wedges and the were delicious. . Will def be having them again.

So the plan is to have a green day today.

Breakfast:
Mullerlight poured over banana, strawberries, blueberries, 2 apples with alpen light (1/2 hexb) sprinkled over. . This was delicious

Lunch:
2 eggs, couscous, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, spring onion, lettuce, radish, 1 mini babybel light

Dinner:
Baked potatoe, 2 mini babybel light (hexa), cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus

Snacks:
Alpen light bar (1/2 hexb)
Fibre plus bar (hexb)
Apple
Strawberri, kiwi

Syns:
Malteaser bunny 8.5
3 rich tea fingers 3

Heading to the cinema with ds so will be bringing bunny and the alpen light to munch on. . Going to try and resist popcorn.

Bunny was 8 syns and worth everyone. Delicious. Will be keeping a few in the fridge

So yesterday I did a 10k walk. It well, but I didnt really eat that much. Just grabbed what I could.

So today was a green day.
Breakfast:
2 x weetabix (hexb), banana and blueberries

Lunch:
Ainsley Harriot couscous (3.5 syns)
pineapple
2 apples

Dinner:
Baked potato, mini babybel light (hexa), salad of lettuce, tomatoes, beetroot, radish, spring onion, asparagus

Snacks:
2 alpen light
Strawberries
ww yogurt
rich tea fingers x 5 (5syns)

Is there anything I am missing from a green day.

So yesterday I did a 10k walk. It well, but I didnt really eat that much. Just grabbed what I could.

So today was a green day.
Breakfast:
2 x weetabix (hexb), banana and blueberries

Lunch:
Ainsley Harriot couscous (3.5 syns)
pineapple
2 apples

Dinner:
Baked potato, mini babybel light (hexa), salad of lettuce, tomatoes, beetroot, radish, spring onion, asparagus

Snacks:
2 alpen light
Strawberries
ww yogurt
rich tea fingers x 5 (5syns)

Is there anything I am missing from a green day.

Did you measure your Babybel? How much can you have ... make sure you have your full entitlement, lol! Same goes for your milk x

Lots of superfrees and superspeeds there hun ... well done!

Back