Slim for Summer 2014 - Jools diary

KBQueen

Yummy Mummy in the making
Hi everyone, decided to start a diary as been calorie counting for a bit after losing 3 stone last year. I am having around 1200 cals a day and go to kickboxing twice a week. I have 2 stone left to lose and want to lose it by June.

Todays menu was

Breakfast - Special K with semi skimmed milk
Lunch - ham salad
Dinner - 2 egg omelette with cheese and onion
Snacks - 2 cups of coffee, 1 Weight Watchers caramel wafer, 2 Roses chocolates

Cals - 1150

Exercise today was minimal, just a few burpees and sit ups

Todays menu is

Breakfast - 2 chocolate weetabix with semi skimmed milk
Lunch - Mint choc S&S bar and coffee
Dinner - 2 egg omelette with chicken breast, onion and cheese
Snacks - grapes and S&S hot chocolate

Cals - 1100

No kickboxing tonight as I have sprained my wrist. I was 2 lbs heavier than last weigh in this morning but I'm expecting fluctuations due to coming off S&S and doing kickboxing

Last edited:
Been naughty tonight and had 2 pain au laits and 2 choc digestives. Takes me to 1385 cals but did some exercise to make it worth it!!

Was a naughty day yesterday involving wine and a takeaway and pain au laits. Need to do some extra exercise today if I can must up the enthusiasm x

TOTM is due and I always crave carbs then. I had a small kickboxing session earlier (I have equipment at home) but going to do a better one in a bit when my daughters friends go home. At the moment I am 3lbs heavier than I was at last weigh in so I need to knuckle down x

Bought the Insanity workout and managed 30 mins. Also did 15 mins of jabs and kicks on the bag. Time for a glass of wine x

Breakfast - 2 weetabix and semi skimmed milk
Lunch - Cheese topped roll with ham
Dinner - chicken breast and salad
Snacks - grapes and a pancake with honey

Exercise - 30 mins of Insanity, 15 mins jabs and kicks on the bag

Didnt come on on Monday as it was my birthday and had a relaxed day eating wise. Yesterday I ate well and did 60 mins of kickboxing at my class. I got new scales and they say that I'm 11st 8lbs so that's a 1lb heavier than last weigh in. I know I had a gain of around 6lbs when I came off S&S so that's almost gone now. Hoping I will be 11st 7lbs or less on Sunday x

Jewel that is fantastic well done, I'm amazed at how easily you have transitioned to Calorie Counting, keep up the good work :) x

Last edited:
Tracy it's good to see you, it's sooooo quiet in here! How are you feeling? x

Todays food

Breakfast - 2 chocolate weetabix with semi skimmed milk
Lunch - ham salad
Dinner - undecided
Snacks - grapes and strawberries

Exercise - 1 hour of kickboxing

I'm not losing any weight which is quite frustrating but I dont know whether it's because of the kickboxing or not

Tracy it's good to see you, it's sooooo quiet in here! How are you feeling? x

Hi Jewel,

To be honest I'm feeling pretty s**t but the Dr told me I have pretty much used up all my red blood reserves so I am quite severely anaemic so they've told me to expect to feel pretty crap for the next few months :(.

My o/h told me not to even think about dieting while I'm so ill but my inquisitive side got the better of me today and I weighed myself and I was pleasantly surprised to find I'm 12.3 which isn't bad considering I was 12.1 the day I stopped Slim and Save 2 weeks ago so it means other than my glycogen stores I havn't really gained anything else.

To be honest since getting ill I havn't had an appetite so havn't ate much but my appetite is slowly starting to creep back so I'll need to start being careful.

Your diet looks great I can believe your not losing so it must be all the exercise just because you've went so long without it your body will take time to adjust x

Yay the weight is coming off again now, 2lbs off this week. Very happy as it's TOTM too. Took measurements too and my arms have shrunk by over an inch! All that boxing is helping x
Tracy, that's really good that you've only gained 2lbs since stopping S&S, just give your body what it needs for now and when you're well you can join me here :) xx

Thank you Steff xx

Looks like you're doing great glad I found your diary as it will keep me motivated x

Todays food -

Breakfast - Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and semi skimmed milk
Lunch - 2 x WW bread, 100g BBQ chicken, flora light
Dinner - 2 egg omelette with onions and cheese, salad
Snacks - apple, grapes
Lots of water

Back