Slim in 2016 - My Back To Target Diary

lolacola

Silver Member
Keeping my diary helped me massively when I did SW before and had great success. Since reaching and maintaining my target for a long time, I have slipped (Had a baby early 2015 but that's not an excuse!) so time to get back to target for my wedding in September!

I'm going to begin doing it from home as the timings of my local classes just aren't the most convenient for me, but if I'm not doing very well, I will make the effort to go to the class at a later stage.

All advice welcome.

Day 1 !!!

4th January 2016

Breakfast
Cottage Cheese (F)
2 Mandarin oranges (S)

Lunch
Salmon Fillet (F)
Pink Lady Apple (S)

Dinner
Heinz Reduced Sugar and Salt Baked Beans (F)
Mushrooms (S)
2 eggs, scrambled (F)

Snack
Asda Good And Counted Chocolate Cereal Bar (70 cals so I'm counting this as 3.5 syns, is this right, or by any stroke of luck is it a HexB??)

All food looks great. Says on SW website the bars are not a hexb. The apple & raspberry are as well as the banana & toffee ones.
I'm a member at a group so if you need syn values etc just ask :D

Perfect, thanks a lot Smurfette, really appreciate it! :D x

Hi Shez - I had my little boy on the 15th of January, when was your little daughter born? x

5th January 2016

Breakfast
Cottage Cheese (F)
2 Mandarin oranges (S)

Lunch
Chicken Breast Minis (F)
Oven roasted tomatoes (S)
Cucumber (S)
Tesco light French Dressing - 11 cals per tbsp = (0.5 syn)

Dinner
Mushy pea curry:
2 tins of mushy peas (F)
1 tin of Heinz reduced sugar and salt beans (F)
2 red peppers (S)
1 red onion (S)
2 chicken breasts (F)
Garlic, curry powder, and chopped chilies (F)

I made this in the slow cooker and it was delicious! Definitely going to batch cook some of this at the weekend. The above portion serves two.

Snack
Pink Lady Apple

Drinks today: Water, Green Tea, and Coke Zero (1 glass with dinner)

Attachments

• IMG_3187.JPG
    IMG_3187.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 53
Perfect, thanks a lot Smurfette, really appreciate it! :D x

Hi Shez - I had my little boy on the 15th of January, when was your little daughter born? x
No worries xx here to help xx

Thanks for the messages guys! It's always very encouraging :D xx

6th January 2016

Breakfast
Cottage Cheese (F)
Cucumber sticks (Half a cucumber) (S)

Lunch
Chicken Breast Minis (F)
Oven roasted tomatoes with garlic and oregano (S)

Dinner
Chilli Chicken Omelette
1 Chicken breast (F)
Chopped and fried in Frylight with:
Mushrooms (S)
Half a red onion (S)
Chilli Powder (F)
Smoked Paprika (F)
Garlic (F)
3 smallish eggs (F)
and topped with 20g Full fat cheese (part of HexA)

Doesn't look particularly appetising, but it was absolutely delicious!

Snack
Pink Lady Apple & Mandarin Orange (F)
M&S Chocolate Digestive (4 syns)

7th January 2016

Breakfast
Cottage Cheese (F)
Mandarin Oranges x 2 (S)

Lunch
Mediterranean veg:
Roasted Mushrooms (S)
Roasted Red Onion (S)
Garlic (F)
Oregano (F)

There was meant to be a tin of tuna to go with this too, however the tin opener in the work kitchen had magically disappeared, so lunch was a bit of a disappointment!! :mad:

Dinner
Chilli Beef done in the slow cooker:
5% fat mince (F)
3 Peppers (S)
1 onion (S)
1 tin of mixed beans (F)
1 punnet of plum tomatoes, halved (S)
Hot chilli powder (F)
Garlic (F)
Beef OXO cube (F)
A good glug of Worcester Sauce (F)

This made enough for 2 adults and a small boy, plus leftovers for lunch the next day. This one is definitely a firm favourite! OH had rice and cheese with his, but I'm trying to stick to SP as much as possible on weeknights, so I went without, but just had a slightly bigger helping of the chilli.

Snack
Pink Lady Apple (S)

Hello, here to subscribe :). Your food diary looks really good. May I ask how much cottage cheese you eat for breakfast and do you use plain of flavoured ones? Not sure if I could survive on just cottage cheese and mandarines until lunch, I love big portions of food (which might be the reason for my slow losses :rolleyes:)

I am also a fan of Rammstein btw :cool:, one of the coolest bands ever! :D

Hello, here to subscribe :). Your food diary looks really good. May I ask how much cottage cheese you eat for breakfast and do you use plain of flavoured ones? Not sure if I could survive on just cottage cheese and mandarines until lunch, I love big portions of food (which might be the reason for my slow losses :rolleyes:)

I am also a fan of Rammstein btw :cool:, one of the coolest bands ever! :D
Hi BM :)

THIS is the cottage cheese I eat - it's absolutely delicious. It's a 300g tub and it would do me for three days so roughly 100g of it for breakfast with some fruit or veg. I love big portions too but not got a big appetite in the mornings. I often wondered about my portion sizes too because the recipes on the SW website/mag would typically say for 4 people and we would have it between two of us! I still have losses though so must be doing something right :D

I'm loving the news that Rammstein are recording a new album this year :D Can't wait for the concerts, the last one I went to in 2012 seems like a distant memory. I know they are touring this summer but I'm getting married in September so can't afford to go to any! :(

8th January 2016

Breakfast
Mandarin Oranges x 2 (S)
Pink Lady Apple (S)
Alpen Light Choc Fudge bar (Part of HexB)

Lunch
Chilli beef (Leftovers from night before dinner)

Dinner
Tuna Rice:
Wholegrain rice boiled with a chicken stock cube (F)
Tuna (F)
Mixed through with pan fried:
Peppers (S)
Onion (S)
Mushrooms(S)
Plus Oregano (F)

Snack
2 Milk Tray chocs (guessing 4 syns total)
Laughing Cow Light (Part of HexA)

Drinks today: Water, Green Tea, and Coke Zero (1 glass with dinner) glass of red wine (8 syns)

Attachments

• IMG_3191.JPG
    IMG_3191.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 46
Hi BM :)

THIS is the cottage cheese I eat - it's absolutely delicious. It's a 300g tub and it would do me for three days so roughly 100g of it for breakfast with some fruit or veg. I love big portions too but not got a big appetite in the mornings. I often wondered about my portion sizes too because the recipes on the SW website/mag would typically say for 4 people and we would have it between two of us! I still have losses though so must be doing something right :D

I'm loving the news that Rammstein are recording a new album this year :D Can't wait for the concerts, the last one I went to in 2012 seems like a distant memory. I know they are touring this summer but I'm getting married in September so can't afford to go to any! :(

lol, 100 g of cottage cheese would not be enough for me at all, but understand that some people don't have a big appetite in the morning. It was only when I started with SW that I started eating breakfast, never used to :cool:. As for portion sizes... I will happily and easily eat portions meant for 2! I am so greedy sometimes :rolleyes:. I always try and have my 1/3 of speedfood though and most days I only snack on fruit in between meals, guess that helps :)

Aw, hope you will get Rammstein tickets as a wedding present to attend a concert in future. I have seen them in Prague but that was ages ago. Brilliant show and the pyrotechnics were amazing :)
B. x

9th January 2016

Breakfast
Sainsburys Reduced Sugar and Salt Baked Beans snap pack (F)
2 eggs, scrambled (F)
Handful of plum tomatoes (S)

Lunch
Stuffed mushrooms topped with mackrel pate:
2 large flat mushrooms (S) stuffed with:
Fat Free Quark (F)
1/4 of a chicken stock cube crumbled in (F)
Splash of Worcester sauce (F)
Oregano (F)
These were baked in the oven for 30 mins and when done topped with the pate
1 tin of mackerel (F)
3 spoonfuls of FF fromage frais (F)
1 spoonful of hot horseradish (1 syn)
Cracked black pepper (F)
all whizzed up in the blender.

Dinner
Chilli Chicken
Asda cook from frozen chicken chunks (F)
Kidney Beans (F)
3 peppers (S)
Red onion (S)
Handful of plum tomatoes (S)
Passatta (F)
Chicken stock cube (F)
Glug of Worcester sauce (F)
Hot chilli powder (F)
Garlic (F)
Nest of wholewheat noodles (F)
All bunged into the slow cooker! Delicious!

Drinks today: Water, Green Tea, and Coke Zero (1 glass with dinner) 1 and a half bottles of red wine (37.5 syns)

Attachments

• IMG_3192.JPG
    IMG_3192.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
5th January 2016

Breakfast
Cottage Cheese (F)
2 Mandarin oranges (S)

Lunch
Chicken Breast Minis (F)
Oven roasted tomatoes (S)
Cucumber (S)
Tesco light French Dressing - 11 cals per tbsp = (0.5 syn)

Dinner
Mushy pea curry:
2 tins of mushy peas (F)
1 tin of Heinz reduced sugar and salt beans (F)
2 red peppers (S)
1 red onion (S)
2 chicken breasts (F)
Garlic, curry powder, and chopped chilies (F)

I made this in the slow cooker and it was delicious! Definitely going to batch cook some of this at the weekend. The above portion serves two.

Snack
Pink Lady Apple

Your lunch here looks lush!

10th January 2016

Breakfast
None (Bad I know) I woke up on a mission as I had loads of housework to do, so totally forgot about breakfast!

Lunch
Leftover Chilli Chicken from last night

Dinner
Nandos:
Butterfly chicken breast plain with skin removed (F)
Sweet potato wedges (??) No idea on syns, you would think it would be free but it probably isn't!

Snacks
Ryvita Sesame Crispbread x 2 (HexB)
topped with the remainder of the mackerel pate from yesterday (1/2 syn)

Drinks today: Water, Green Tea, and Diet coke

Total Syns for the week: 58.5 out of my 105 syn allowance (that I know of) - I'm sure the Nando's was more syn's than listed above!

Weigh in day today: 3lbs off :D

lol, 100 g of cottage cheese would not be enough for me at all, but understand that some people don't have a big appetite in the morning. It was only when I started with SW that I started eating breakfast, never used to :cool:. As for portion sizes... I will happily and easily eat portions meant for 2! I am so greedy sometimes :rolleyes:. I always try and have my 1/3 of speedfood though and most days I only snack on fruit in between meals, guess that helps :)

Aw, hope you will get Rammstein tickets as a wedding present to attend a concert in future. I have seen them in Prague but that was ages ago. Brilliant show and the pyrotechnics were amazing :)
B. x
Me too! I used to skip breakfast and then come say 11am, I would be ravenous and end up stuffing myself with something really bad! This is really helping me stay on track though, hope you're having a good week so far :D xx

Back