Slim & save newbie, advice & tips welcome, anyone else out there starting it.

Oops, I hadn't finished.

Hope you've had a better few days, I find it hard not to look st the scales every day! I seem to have become obsessed lol I hope that happens to everyone ha ha. How's the night going? Xx

I have Tanita ones. Measure body fat etc.... I'm actually thinking about selling them and getting some with just weight as I seem to be obsessing too much lol

Want2bme said:
I have Tanita ones. Measure body fat etc.... I'm actually thinking about selling them and getting some with just weight as I seem to be obsessing too much lol

It doesn't matter what scales you have you still can get obsessed lol! Too tempting to jump on every minutes and then be disappointed! Lol

That's true, but I over-analyse the stats on screen, I like to see where the weight has gone, and if I can't work it out it drives me mad, and I hate it if it says I've lost muscle!! Lol hence the just weight ones!

I think I might get those scales to help maintain, but I know they would do my head in at the moment. Have asked hubby to hide them and I won't weigh while I'm on this diet. I can see the weight is falling off me, I now have wrists, coller bones and cheekbones again, haven't seen them for 3 years lol!

Ive done vlcd several times. I know what the scales tells me doesn't help me stay on the diet, either I lose lots and I panic myself telling myself I'm starving or damaging myself, or it stalls and I wonder why I'm doing it. This time I'm just watching in wonder as I can get into smaller and smaller clothes.

I think I might get those scales to help maintain, but I know they would do my head in at the moment. Have asked hubby to hide them and I won't weigh while I'm on this diet. I can see the weight is falling off me, I now have wrists, coller bones and cheekbones again, haven't seen them for 3 years lol!

Ive done vlcd several times. I know what the scales tells me doesn't help me stay on the diet, either I lose lots and I panic myself telling myself I'm starving or damaging myself, or it stalls and I wonder why I'm doing it. This time I'm just watching in wonder as I can get into smaller and smaller clothes.

hi Angie bum,

The scales are good if you don't over analyse, but i find them really helpful to see if I need more water for instance. eg. in the mornings my water is at 41.8% ish, it should be 45% and in the evenings i can see if i have hit target, which i always do.

Also if you have been going mad at the gym you can see your muscle grow and your fat reduce! they also give you various other ratings including the visceral fat rating which is the fat around your organs. Mine was 9 which is high, the lower that is the better, its now 8 :) so on that basis they are really good if you need encouragement, but if you over analyse it, they really do drive you potty. You also have to remember there not 100 percent reliable so when you get your heart set it can be disappointing. of course the only way to get actual readings is to have a test done with the doctor or something...

i think your right not to look at the scales, although i do worry myself about what im doing to my body not eating, but then i think, well, it is controlled and its only for a short period of time.

What i'm worried about is actually coming off this diet and gaining that initial 7 lb we lose in the first week! :(

Good luck everyone!

I'm a newbie too, starting on Sat! :D :D :D

Good luck with your first week, its the hardest week ever, but pull through that and i promise it gets easier! space your meals out and get the water in, as much as possible and you will be fine. I felt dizzy lots in my first week, with lots of headaches, but it will pass, take a pain killer, keep drinking and you will be fine!

Ill look forward to following your journey!!

Nina

I started 2 weeks ago, but officially started today, as in, last weekend and the weekend before treated (without binging), but now plan on staying with it from here on out until Thanksgiving weekend. I am looking to lose 30 pounds/2 stone too, but my husband hid the scale so I am simply doing this diet for 12 weeks and then I get the scale and see where that is. I atleast hope that I fit into my skinny jeans from 14 years ago when I weighed around 138.

So what exactly does a buddy do?

Love your avatar by the way! That's a really great idea!

I am on my 5th day of S&S!! I thought I would notice the weight coming off but so far nothing :( I am weighing in on Monday and a 7lb loss would be amazing! I hope I lose that much :) I have 6 stone to lose, so hoping it comes off quickly :( I hate being this big! X

hannah88 said:
I am on my 5th day of S&S!! I thought I would notice the weight coming off but so far nothing :( I am weighing in on Monday and a 7lb loss would be amazing! I hope I lose that much :) I have 6 stone to lose, so hoping it comes off quickly :( I hate being this big! X

Good luck that's a lot to expect in one week thou, whats s&s??

slim and save? It's a very low calorie diet. From what I have read, you can lose a lot in the first week. I am hoping I have the stamina to last 12 weeks. Because it is a VLCD I am only allowed to do 12 weeks. :)

hannah88 said:
slim and save? It's a very low calorie diet. From what I have read, you can lose a lot in the first week. I am hoping I have the stamina to last 12 weeks. Because it is a VLCD I am only allowed to do 12 weeks. :)

Oh right good luck, I'm just doing weight watchers I wouldn't last an hour on s&s I have to eat lol

You can do a lot more than 12 weeks if you want to

Really?? I didnt know I could do more, it says you can only do 12 weeks then have a break... Maybe I'll keep going further then :) thanks

How are you doing with it hun? Im starting SNS in December xx

Really?? I didnt know I could do more, it says you can only do 12 weeks then have a break... Maybe I'll keep going further then :) thanks

Unless your VLCD is doctor supervised and your stats are being regularly checked, you do want to take a break after 12 weeks. If you don't, you risk gallstones, other internal damage, permanent vision damage, etc.

RawrGirl said:
Unless your VLCD is doctor supervised and your stats are being regularly checked, you do want to take a break after 12 weeks. If you don't, you risk gallstones, other internal damage, permanent vision damage, etc.

You're not going to get those because you don't take a break. CD councillors aren't medically trained they don't check for all these things

You can get gallstones on any diet.

Back