SLIMFAST JULY CHALLANGE

Hi there
I wonder if I can join in the July challenge at this late stage. :wave_cry:
I have started today and really need the support. I am a constant dieter. Going from one to the next one. I suppose along the way I have become an absolute fount of knowledge on food, dieting, weight loss etc, just wish I could put it into practice!!! I suppose I would really like to lose about 10lbs by the end of this month, but am becoming a realist with each weight loss programme I go on, and so am aiming to get 8lbs off, which will bring me under 14st. I got such a shock when I weighed myself the other day. I had been doing the South beach diet since last Nov, and after an initial loss of 13lbs, I had some life issues that just sent me back to comfort eating, which is where my weigh problems come from. As I was doing an "American plan" I was weighing in lbs, and for some reason I hadnt realised that I weighed that much. I am now thinking that if I just remove some "real" food from my daily intake I may just have a chance. As you can see in my signature, I am 40 at the end of August, and I have been saying that I will lose for that but even that hasnt been enough of an incentive until now. So I hope that I can join today.
Looking forward to chatting to you all and being a support to each other.
xx

Hello and :welcome: Clarri.

I guess joining in on a challenge on my first week of dieting is cheating but I've lost 11lb this week :eek: (my 1st week) so I've reached my target for the July challenge **CHEER** can I go eat some chips now? ^.^ (only kidding :rolleyes:)

WOW Lissy!!!!!!! WELL DONE! :eek: 11lbs! hehehe keep going - imagine what you can do in a month ;)

I'm "restarting" tomorrow, had my first fall down after two weeks, was feeling a bit miserable...........i think i need to be exercising more!

Who Lissy - that is amazing 11lbs in one week.

Ariana 123 - don't worry about your fall down - we all do it. Just get back on the bike (so to speak) and start again.

Good luck everyone.

I have lost 1lb this week.

Hi all! I'm new here so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place! I'm also doing the slim fast plan, my own version of it anyway, lost 5lbs in the last two weeks and would love to join in this July challenge! I'm going to aim for 8lbs this month, hard work but it's worth it for that feeling when your pants start to get loose haha x

just wondering here... does anyone know if it more beneficial to mix and match the different slim fast meals or is it ok just to stick to one type? as a student i am looking for the cheapest way to do this constantly - and the powders work out well for me... will that still be as effective? x

Welcome Rachel.

Fitforuni - the good thing about slimfast is you can do it your way. If you prefer the powers (or not prefer but do them because they are cheaper) then that is okay. I always have the smoothies in the morning - just because I get them half price at boots. I also always have a bar for lunch so I don't really mix and match. In the winter I had the soup but it is all down to you really.

Good luck.

FF

ah thanks for that, its so useful being able to talk to people trying to achieve the same thing the same way. :)

Hi I'm new here, the July challenge sounds like fun am I 2 late 2 join? I have a stone 2 lose but my weight loss is normally slow. I'd like 2 lose 5ibs in July, is this possible?
Look forward to seeing how everyone is doing. Good luck:D

Hi all
Well yesterday was woeful!! To be honest I had a bad night Sun night with some emotional issues, and so decided that I would start proper today. I am a real breakfast girl, so I am going to try going upside down with my plan!! My "dinner" at brek, shake or smoothie at lunch and maybe soup for dinner. But that may change tomorrow!! Hope all are well and happy.
Clarri
x

Hi I'm new here, the July challenge sounds like fun am I 2 late 2 join? I have a stone 2 lose but my weight loss is normally slow. I'd like 2 lose 5ibs in July, is this possible?
Look forward to seeing how everyone is doing. Good luck:D

You're never too late to join. I don't see why you can't lose 5lb this month. Most of us average about 1-2lbs a week with the greatest loss in the first week.

Regards

FF

Not had time to post on Monday but week 1 = 5lbs weight loss! So from 14stone 6lbs to 14 stone 1lb Hurray! (and that is with a take away too!!). Weighed my self this morning too ('cos I am a scale hopper and I am 13stone 13lbs (but that doesnt count as a weigh in cos it isnt Monday!!)

Hi Spod. Congratulations on your weight loss. I used ot be a scale hopper but now only weigh myself twice a week. I too only count the weigh in that i do on a Monday.

Good luck
FF

wow 5 ibs is a fantastic loss, If I lose half of that in the first week I'll be really happy.
i'm going to resist weighing everyday, it'll be too depressing if I don't lose.

What weather :-(
have a good day everyone :)

Well done everyone who has lost this week. I didn't weigh in because I wasn't home. Some horrid person snatched my handbag so I have been in a real muddle. No phone or phone numbers, no money or keys, hence I ended up at a friends until I could get the locks changed etc etc.

I'm sure I gained this week with comfort eating but I haven't weighed in so have no idea. My friend happens to be a size 6 and so has no use for scales or I would have used hers. I'll weigh in next week as usual and hope to undo my comfort eating of last week :eek:

BL x

I've put on 4lb and it was my first week.:( fell off the wagon
halfway through, indulged, tried to get back on it..(ended up eating slimfast & comfort food) then my period came. and can't excercise as my ankle's all swollen. Doesn't get worse than this people! so don't feel bad if you haven't lost, I only gained 4lb as I began having 4 meals a day as even though I tried getting off slimfast I craved milkshake at night. greedy sod or what? :mad:I could laugh or I could cry here. 9lb in a month seems like a joke now..gonna have to change that pronto.:( since introducing the shakes, I've been feeling hungrier & craving more sugary things not good! Don't know if there's been anyone in the history of slimfast who has abused it like this and ended up 4lb heavier than they were to begin with due to feeling hungry and ending up having 2 meals a day +milkshakes.!! I need to get a grip next week. (but feels quesy at the thought of chugging down 3lt+ milk again :() Never was a milk person. Don't know whether to give up now or to just persevere religiously next week. what do you think? (and it's ok you can call me a greedy *****..) lol.Now i'm craving dairy, like cheese & ice cream. I've just ate a whole tub of haagan daaz here. :( I need Help!!!! :'(

Hi.Hope you dont mind me joining in. im new to this site. been doing slim fast for 13 weeks. anyway, heres my personell challenge for this month. 7lbs..

weigh in last monday 7th:lost 2lbs
will update tomorrow as monday is weigh day.

Linda xx

Back