SLIMFAST -MARCH CHALLANGE

Hi Louise

Nah i lost all my weight on Lighter Life. Then put a bit back on and did CD. I fluctuate constantly within a stone / stone and a half so i'm on my upper limits!!! Trying slimfast for the first time, it's cheaper !!

If all else fails i will go back on to Cambridge Diet.

Where you off to in Cardiff then? Are you from there?

no i live about half hour - 40 mins going down in the afternoon and watching westlife in the night.

I was going to do the lighter life but its to expensive, they seem pretty much the same as slimfast tho.

U look really good in your pics.

I lost 2 stone a fe years back but really want to get to a happy weight, got a long time to go.

Louise

Hi Louise

Well Done. A pound is still a loss. Don't forget usually the slower it comes off the easier it is to keep it off (and less chance of loose skin). Plus slimfast do only recommend 1-2lb a week.

If you go to your fridge and weigh out a pound of butter or cheese or flour (anything really), you'll be amazed at the volume it takes up. Once you see that and imagine it gone from your body you'll probably feel more positive.

Keep smiling :D
BL x

Hiya, I've got loads of LL packs to use up and just wondered if I could use those in the same way as the slim-fast for this challenge (and to start a week late of course) - can you tell me how what you do?

Hi Everyone

I was feeling extremely motivated yesterday and decided to go to the gym and swimming again (as I knew that I would be unable to exercise until Monday) but unfortunately didn't make it there as my toilet stopped working and ended up having to spend the day indoors. I feel a bit cheated.

I have managed to keep to the diet but unless I exercise I feel as though I have failed a little. Normally taekwondo is on a Saturday morning but they have moved me and my children to the intermediate class for which I have to wait until Monday evening. Having never been to this class before I am reluctant to go the gym as well on Monday because I think this class may just kill me.:eek:

I hope I can manage to stick to my diet on the weekend - although will miss my Saturday night take-away (and I dont mean Ant and Dec).:cry:

Well done everyone on their weight loss. Don't feel disheartened if you only lose 1lb. A pound is a pound and it is better to have lost than to have gained. When you think about it if you lose a pound every week for 1 year you would have lost 3stone 9lb and would stand less chance of gaining the weight back because it would have been lost so slowly.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Bye.

Hi FF

Thanks for your reply. Well here goes I will weigh in on a Tuesday and for this week (weigh in date 11 March) I am hoping to lose 7lb. So here goes.

I hope I haven't overestimated how much I can lose but the first week of any diet you normally lose the most so I thought lets go for it.

Hi Goldilocks
I know what you mean about feeling bad if you haven't exercised but even if you can't make the gym doesn't mean you can't exercise at home. Anything that raises your heart rate will help. Run up and down the stairs, use your kids skipping rope, go for a walk with the kids, have a "funny half-hour" dancing around the house or if theres a handy man in your house you could engage in a bit of snogging!! 26 calories burnt a minute for kissing apparently (according to the discovery channel) hehe!

I go jogging with my dog, use my stepper, bop on the dance mat, do an exercise dvd, bounce around on my gym ball. It all helps!

Thanks busylizzie, how r u doing

Louise

Thanks Busy Lizzie

You have inspired me to get off my big bum and exercise at home. I was using it as an excuse because although I do exercise and enjoy it when I'm there I cant seem to motivate myself indoors.

I do have an exercise bike, a stepper and the Vicky Entwistle DVD (which in the past has nearly killed me). Although the stepper is in the cupboard, not sure where the DVD is and the bike has clothes all over it. I suppose by the time I have dug all the things out and cleaned them off I would have burnt off the calories I need (Ha Ha).

Can't kiss my husband to burn off calories as I am annoyed with him at the moment.

Seriously though I am going to at least use the exercise bike today.

It is amazing how much better I am feeling already with the exercise and diet. I don't feel lethargic and depressed anymore, I am more upbeat and feel as though I want to get things done. I am also sleeping better. Have you noticed any difference in yourself?

Am going to cook a chilli tonight for tea instead of having a takeaway. I'm becoming a right little Dehlia Smith (not).

Hi Goldilocks,
I find it harder to motivate myself too when I'm indoors usually because there are so many other things I'd rather be doing.

I keep my exercise stuff in the lounge and although it really gets in the way, its also starring at me all the time and making me feel guilty if I don't use it. I do wish I had an exercise bike because I'd never be off it! You could cycle for half an hour while you read the paper or watch your favourite tv programme.

If I can't get to the gym I do a DVD. I've got about 20 and do a different one every time to keep it interesting. I know all the routines now so I turn the tv volume up and do it to my own music :D

Good luck dusting off your equipment!

I can't really say I feel much different on this diet yet because i'm only 5 days in. I exercise the same as before. I have insomnia and not sleeping any better. Think my biggest boost will be if there is a loss on the scales on Monday :eek:

Have a good weekend
BL x

Hi Louise,

I'm enjoying Slimfast so far. I never really used to eat a lot or snack either so have no idea if the diet is actually working! I'm definately drinking a lot of water which can only help my skin etc if nothing else.

I'm overweight not through overeating but because of hypothyroidism and poly-cystic ovary syndrome. Was pregnant 5 times in 3 years with 3 miscarriages and 2 stillborns, certainly messed my body up I can tell you! Doctors won't help me lose weight so here I am. Praying for a loss on Monday! Will persevere even if I've stayed the same. Better than gaining in my mind!!!

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend and don't have too many blips!

BL x

Hi Busylizzie

I am so sorry for your loses over the past three years. I really admire you for trying to lose weight.

I agree that drinking a lot of water helping skin as my bum looks better than it has in ages - lol.

Take care everyone and have a good weekend.

I didn't eat at my secretary's leaving do yesterday - while they all sat eating burgers and sandwiches I had my bar. I am unable to swop my meals around as I am just too hungry in the evening.

Good luck

FF.

Thanks FF
Well done at resisting the burgers! I've got a dreaded curry buffet on Sunday and so worried about it already. No idea what I'm going to be able to eat except salad. These things are sent to test us i guess :cry:
BL x

Good luck with weigh in FF xx

Morning everyone

Absolutely gutted today after being so good this weekend (apart from the drinks on Sat night - I even resisted the buffet and the buffet lunch at mother-in-laws) I did not lose any weight this week.

Oh well - hopefully will lose next week!!!

Take care

FF

Hey staying the same is still an achievement especially with all you've had going on in the last week. Your half way there and think how you were before you started.
Keep strong and heres to losing nxt week xx

Hi

Well i wasn't as good as i'd intended to be this weekend but far better than i'd been the previous 2 weekends!! As a result i have put on 2lbs which i know will be straight back off in the next few days so not worrying too much about it!!

Am annoyed with myself though as i picked like mad yesterday!!!

FF, sorry to hear you stayed the same, this is why i like to weigh every day, you will prob find you lose by tomorrow morning!!

Hi Karen,
Sorry to hear about the 2ibs but your very good through the week so as you said you will lose that in no time. This weather makes me want to veg out, But need to walk dogs now! Wish me luck xx

I'm only a nubie but may I join in? 6lb loss on first week but not expecting more than 2-3lbs from now on (with a bit of luck) I'm changing my weigh day to a Sunday.
There's safety in numbers... we can do it!

Ugg - thanks hun, i need to change my weekend behaviour rapidly otherwise i'm never gonna get anywhere!! Blimey I am impressed with you walking the dogs in this weather!!! Good luck!!

Bookworm - Of course you can join, WELCOME!!!! Excellent first weigh in too, well done, what are you eating in the evenings then?

Back