SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

Hello :wavey:

My name is MissusW (to be...getting married in September). I have struggled with weight all of my life and hope to end it now! I officially start slimfast tomorrow.

Can I ask....Im planning to have a smoothie for breakfast then a snack and a snack and a bar. Can I do it in that order?? I like sitting down at lunchtime to have something rather then just a bar? I have fruit and a yoghurt ready ......

hi missusw and congrats for your wedding. i can't see why you can't do it in that order as you're still staying within the calories. x

Hi Im Hellylou and I have just started the SF plan with my husband, today was our first full day and I am quite suprised at how full i have been feeling, just had a small homemade sheperds pie for dinner and normally I would be reaching for the chocolate afterwards but not today and not anymore.

I currently weight 17st 2lbs and I am desperate to lose lots of weight. Both me and my hubby have noticed that we are not the people we used to be when we were slimmer. Our self confidence and esteem have dropped and we are desperate to try anthing to lose weight.

We have tried diets in the past but it is so easy to cheat by adding more to your plate or having a slice of bread or two with your meal. The only thing I have noticed is that I have been craving bread all day. Hubby nearly caved in until he saw that there was 87cals in just one slice and he quickly put the bread back in the cupboard.

Glad to have found somewhere that I can chat to other peeps like me as some people dont realise that this is a proper diet so you dont always get the support you need from friends and collegues. Especially when they are all size 8-10 and I am a size 22.

My main aim in the long run is to get to 11 stone but I know that it is gonna take some time, so i am going to settle for a couple of pounds a week.

Luv ya all Hellylou x x

Hello Everyone

I have just started today, so thought I would join in here. I am going to do the Slim fast plan for just a couple of weeks to try and regain appetite control and also lose some weight to kick start a proper healthy eating plan.

I really want to lose a couple of stone before my big 3-0 birthday in October....I am also on maternity leave until November, and would lovel to be slim before I return to work.

I look forward to chatting with you all and am off to read through the forum now:)

Mel x

Hi Guys,

Well I am properly starting today!!! I was on CS until last wed and decided to transfer to SF as cs IS V EXPENSIVE...i HAD A LITTLE BREAK OUT OVER THE WEEKEND but am on track now!!! I lost 11 lbs on CS have about 2 stone to go...the sun is shining and I am determined to be able to wear suitable clothes by July :D

hello all! i'm starting tomorrow.. did the master cleanse resently and lost quite a bit of weight (and inches) however, had a bad week following it and feel pretty rubbish again now. so, from tomorrow i'm back on the weight loss wagon- with my holiday in three weeks!! bit of motivation i suppose! would really like to loose about half a stone by then (fingers crossed) just want to feel better in a bikini next to all my tiny friends!! if anyone wants to buddy up with me over the summer (i will hopefully carry it on after my holiday as well as i start uni in october!) let me know because a bit of support and motivation really makes a difference doesn't it :)
good luck to you all, i'm looking foward to hearing how you all get on too :D x

This is great, as I bought my SF products but yet to start. Saw a picture of myself yesterday and my mouth is still on the floor:cry::cry::cry:

wow lots of people startng sf over the past week, just wanted to say :welcome2: to you all and good luck with your SF diets.

Also feel free to join us on our monthly challenges, the june one is up now so pledge your loss !!

Hi

I started on Monday mainly due to this hot weather. Also as I work shifts it is so easy to grab a bar or shake on the go that I think that this will suit me better than the previous attempts that I have has at plans like SW and WW.

This is a great forum and full of helpful tips to keep me on the straight and narrow!!

Welcome to SF Heffalumpi! Good luck and keep posting, really helps to keep motivated, yay!

Hi Heffalump and welcome

I agree with what you are saying. I have also tried slimming world but at the moment it is just to hard to find time to prep loads of fresh food etc. This is very easy to do and stick to, because youdon't have to constantly think about what you are going to eat next:D

Mel x

Hi everyone

This is my first time on here - a friend told me about the site!

I have been struggling to stick to WW for ages, couldn't get into the right mindset to stick to it - I've done it before successfully but somehow I keep cheating and not getting anywhere. I went into Wilkos yesterday and saw Slim Fast on offer so decided to try it. I have stocked up on milkshake powder, bars and smoothies and today was my 1st day!

I had a shake for breakfast, grapes for a snack, smoothie for lunch (surprisingly tasty), walkers baked crisps as snack, banana as a snack then Quorn bolognaise and pasta for dinner. I worked out the WW point rather than calories and it came to about 16 so not bad (would usually have 18-19 but I need to save myself for the weekend as I'm going out Sat night for a meal).

I haven't felt too hungry either so hoping this will be the kick start I need. Hoping to lost a stone in total!:D

well done on your first successful day tink! i used to do weight watchers too but kept failing.. i seem to put alot of pressure on myself with the things(god, especially the meetings) and set up to fail :/ i did it really well once and lost about a stone but i hardly ever ate and was kinda extreme so i tend to be one way or the other, not good!
fingers crossed with the slim fast though!
keep posting will be good to hear how your doing x

Thanks Katie - will do!

I lost 21lb with WW once and got to goal weight, then had a baby, then did SW and got almost back to goal weight, but then about 18 months ago I turned 30 and it all went downhill!:cry:

I am determined to get back under 9st though (I am only 5' tall) and preferably back to my WW goal of 8st 7lb!

Welcome Tink

Well done on your first day, sounds like you did really well.

I hope things don't go down hill for me at 30:p I only have 4 mths left of the good life then;):)

Good luck with the rest of your first week, keep us informed as to how you are doing.

Mel x

Back