SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

Hannah - I'm in Exeter, where are you?

redmel, I so agree with what you are saying, on all other diets its like my life suddenly revolves around food - what food am I going to have, do I have enough of it in, even whilst eating my meal I'm planning the next. This has all changed with doing Slimfast especially as I work very erractic shifts which don't have a set duration. I now know that when I leave the house in the morning all that I need are a couple of bottles of the shakes and some snacks up to about 200 cals and I'm away - also not loads of different Tupperware boxes to wash up when I finally do get home again.

This is such a friendly and supportive forum that I am certain that together we can do it :)

Hi everyone! I have been on SlimFast for a couple of months now and have just hit a point where I've stopped losing weight and am slipping back to old habits... I stumbled across these forums and thought they would be perfect for the support I need. I'm enjoying reading everybody elses stories and progress. Nice to meet you :)

hi everyone. I am following a slim fast type diet but using tesco's own brand. finding it a bit hard to navigate the forum and bits...

Hello everyone
Today is the start of a new me:wavey: (trying to be positive here). My plan is to get back to the weight i was not so long ago...or so it seems. I am determined to make a go of the Slimfast diet, I have always fluctuated w/my weight between 125-135 but as of now I am at my heaviest ever! I've tried weightwatchers before & it helped me to maintaine where I was but that was about it. I know for me the the toughest part is going to be excersice & plenty of it. Lately I've been such a slacker that its not even funny & the sad part is I'm single, have no kids...so I have no excuse! I've let myself become someone who is sooo not comfortable in my own skin that its so unnerving. This may be TMI for now but I had to let it be know that I am determined to get where I need to be. I had been lurking around this forum for about a week & I can tell this is the right place for me. I look foward to keeping everyone updated with my progress.
Wish me luck ;)

Welcome to FizzyCherries, Kez and Rollie Pollie......

Good luck on your Slim-Fast journeys, and I look forward to getting to know you all and hearing of your success:D

Mel x

Hey everyone i'm new! :)

I'm thinking of starting slim fast soon, it's something i have wanted to do for a while now but i keep putting it off but i really think it's time i started because i'm the heaviest i have ever been and i am always miserable because of it :( I was just wondering, where does everyone buy their shakes and snack bars? I also work long shifts in a call centre so i am also worried about what meal i can take to work? Any suggestions?

I look forward to starting the diet and sharing my experience with you guys. xxxx

hi and welcome to everyone new. i think there is another thread little star that tells u where the latest offers are, i can't remember which, i bought so many cans they'll last me foever lol.

r they day or night shifts hun? if u need to eat could you take in a ready meal or prepare yourself something to eat later and don't forget you've got your 3 snacks to stagger through the day. good luck x

Thanks sparklewings i shall have a look for the thread :) I'm just off to asda now to buy some shakes and snack bars. I do day shifts from 10am till 9pm so i will probably take a ready meal the days i work and then have a proper cooked meal on my days off. I think i'm gonna like this diet, it looks easy to follow and the people on here seem really friendly so i know i can always talk to someone if i need help with anything xxxx

Thanks sparklewings i shall have a look for the thread :) I'm just off to asda now to buy some shakes and snack bars. I do day shifts from 10am till 9pm so i will probably take a ready meal the days i work and then have a proper cooked meal on my days off. I think i'm gonna like this diet, it looks easy to follow and the people on here seem really friendly so i know i can always talk to someone if i need help with anything xxxx
Wilkinsons have SF on offer,the powder is £2-24 per tin and snack bars are 33p each and made up shake I think was 89p.

Diane :)

After lurking around the website for the last week, Mel's attitude convinced/inspired me to quit stalling and just get started. I was at Tesco early this morning buying enough Slimfast to last for the next two weeks. I was thinking surely I can do anything for 14 days. Hopefully, I will see a big enough difference that I will want to keep going. Everyone seems so positive here, so I hope it will rub off on me. Are there any weight loss/fitness challenges going on this thread? Got to really jump in head first. :gimi:

Denise

Hi again Denise :D Just replied to your thread in the general section. Good luck with your diet, make sure you drink lots of water and have all your snacks, i've found slimfast really easy to stick to, the first 2 or 3 days were tough, but soon got easier once I got used to not sitting down and stuffing my face when the kids were in bed! x

Hi again Denise :D Just replied to your thread in the general section. Good luck with your diet, make sure you drink lots of water and have all your snacks, i've found slimfast really easy to stick to, the first 2 or 3 days were tough, but soon got easier once I got used to not sitting down and stuffing my face when the kids were in bed! x

Thanks, Lighter Than Me Hannah! I see you've done a great job of losing. I'm okay until I sit down after dinner to watch telly. That's when I would sit and eat half a box of dry cereal. (Kellogs Frosties are delicious without milk. :sigh:) I'm trying to kick a lot of bad habits this time, as well as lose weight. Hope to see you around. Denise:)

Hi everyone!
Just been toying with the idea of going on to slimfast, but having seen this forum I'm inspired to go for it! I will go and stock up tomorrow and then do a strict 2 weeks on it. I'm excited. I lost about 3 stone on a VLCD last year and was very disciplined at first but now I have seen how easy it is for the weight to creep back on. I don't want to go back to a VLCD but I want something doable and SF is it. I reaaly don't like my spare tyre and bingo wings (ooh!). I will get rid of the tum squeezing in under and hanging over my belt -yeah!
I will weigh in today and start recording.

By the way Denise, tell me about the cereal! I used to kid myself that I was eating a light meal, and keep scooping handfuls and cereal till I was stuffed!

ohoh.. any! sometimes the 'healthier' ones like bran flakes, other times whatever the children are having like cheerios. I used to go for sugary stuff like cocopops and crunchy nut but I had to deliberately NOT buy them anymore.
By the way, confession: tonight I scoffed quite a few chocolate sweets -it started with my giving some to the children, then a treat for me for stcking to SF today, and then another and another....
That was not right, I'll strategise properly and stay on track. Ding, hours away... Day 3!

Hi Trimlee and welcome:D

I look forward to hearing from you over the next few weeks:D:D

Mel x

Hi Mel,
Thanks for the welcome. How are you getting on.
I'm on day 4 now. I'm doing OK. Went for a walk-jog this a.m. I'm using the "podrunner intervals -couch to 5K" programme (availablle free to download form itunes). I did Week 1 day 1 today. I had gone up to week 4 or 5 several months ago but since it's been so long I'm starting from the beginning again now.
We had visitors this afternnon and I had a main meal then so I'll have a SF bar for dinner. I'm getting used to it now. More later!

Back