SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

Hi,

Im starting SF done ot for a few weeks end of last year so going to give it another go, have had the contraceptive implant which has helped me gain 2 stone that has to go! along with an exra stone so three altogether!

Here I go then! Starting in the morning x

Missal x

Another Newbie

Hi there - I'm another newbie :D I can't believe I'm 263 lbs - it really has crept on over the years.

Now I know this will be a long journey but one which I start today (although I have tried before and failed). I have over 100 lbs to lose so wish me luck.

Had my shakes for breakfast and luch plus plenty of fruit and I think it's fish and pasta for tea tonight.:wave_cry:

Hi Yorkiegirl and Joshing.

This is a great site with lots and lost of lovely friendly people on here.

Good luck both of you!!!

New wobbly person!

HI

I started slimfast Tuesday and so far so good.. had a baby 4months ago so trying to shift some pounds for lots of weddings and other "dress events" coming up!

Had a sneaky look on the scales this morning and already 3 pounds lighter which is very motivating!

I need to lose 21 pounds to be back to my pre pregnancy weight so hoping slimfast will do the trick! :)

All your diet journeys are very motivating and im sure they will help me along the way!

Hi Villarosie, welcome to us lovely lot!!!
You'll love it here, everybody is really nice and there is always someone around to help or give you a shoulder to cry on, or even a kick up the bum when you need one!! lol

Hey! I am a newbi Here!
My name is Becky. I have a Little boy called Theo who is (nearly) 11 months old. i put on about 3 stone when i was pregnant and have only been able to loose 1 stone (and considering Theo weighed over 1/2 a stone... thats not great really). Im so fed up of my warddrobe being full of lovely clothes that are way too small... so i thought id jump aboard the slimfast train and see what happends, i am a very VERY fussy eater, so being able to drink choco shake
, eat choco crunch bars ect sounds brill?!?

Welcome, Becky! Glad to have you aboard. There is a lot of support here with the Slim Fasters; really nice people. The very best of luck to you, and post often. :)

I still haven't started yet lol! I brought some shakes and snack bars a few weeks ago from asda but i only bought enough for a few days.

The thing is, i am a bit low on money at the moment and i don't want to start SF and like it, and then not have enough to keep me going if you know what i mean? How much does everyone usually spend a week on SF products? I really don't like the powder shakes that you make up yourself, they make me feel sick i dunno why?! :(

I am definately going to start in about a week when i have some more money and then i can buy more shakes whenever i need to! :D Just one last question- how much weight do you usually lose on the first week? Oh and i am aiming to lose 2 stone by November, do you think this is achieveable? Thanks guys! xxxx

I still haven't started yet lol! I brought some shakes and snack bars a few weeks ago from asda but i only bought enough for a few days.

The thing is, i am a bit low on money at the moment and i don't want to start SF and like it, and then not have enough to keep me going if you know what i mean? How much does everyone usually spend a week on SF products? I really don't like the powder shakes that you make up yourself, they make me feel sick i dunno why?! :(

I am definately going to start in about a week when i have some more money and then i can buy more shakes whenever i need to! :D Just one last question- how much weight do you usually lose on the first week? Oh and i am aiming to lose 2 stone by November, do you think this is achieveable? Thanks guys! xxxx

Hi Little star, welcome to the slimfast forum!

Have you tried making the powered shakes blended with ice cubes? I don't like them just mixed up, but when they are blended with ice they taste yummy, go all thick and creamy like a proper milkshake. Works out cheaper than the ready made ones, and tesco have tins half price at the mo. I always have a strawberry shake for breakfast and a chocolate one for lunch (only two flavours I like lol!), don't use the meal bars as don't like them, yep I'm a bit fussy lol. So I go through two tins in 12 days. I don't buy any of the slimfast snack products, I just use other stuff for snacks (there is a thread on snacks if you want some ideas). You can have anything as a snack as long as it's 100 cals or less, doesn't have to be the slimfast stuff. Obviously low fat healthy foods are best :)

If you stick with the plan and drink plenty of water, at least 2 litres a day, you should see quite a good loss for your first week and then a steady loss there after. 2 stones by November is totally possible, I have another 2 stones to go and hoping on doing it by the end of October.

Good luck x

Ditto what Stirky said. Also, think about it this way. The Slimfast shakes are actually meals. If you buy twelve days worth of breakfast and lunch for say £9 (half that if you buy from Tesco now), that is a lot cheaper than buying food for those same meals. That's the way I look at it. My grocery bills have been next to nothing.

Thanks for the advice stirky and drbetteridge, i haven't tried the powder shakes with ice cubes, will deffo give that a go! I plan to start in the next few days so i will let you know how i get on! I'm glad to hear that it is possible to lose 2 stone by november, that would be so great i'm gonna try really hard coz i'm off to vegas and i wanna be nice and slim! :D xxxx

Oh you'll love Vegas! Such a great place :)

Im starting tommorrow.....AGAIN!!!

Hi everyone i have just completed three days of the cambridge diet and have just caved in by stuffing my face i was so so hungry.
I really want to do the slimfast diet now as i did it a few years back and lost 4 and a 1/2 stone.
Does anyone have any tips on staying motivated in the evening cos this is when i struggle the most.
Thannks u all sound lovely x x

Evenings are always my danger point to. I always save a snack for the evening and have it quite late, about 8pm ish. Other than that I keep myself distracted with other things (on here, reading a book, watching a film, painting my nails etc!).

Good luck x

Hi there,

Just came across this forum when I was browsing, thought i'd come and join you all if that's ok!!

Started on 14th June (09) and have currently lost 20lb which i'm pleased about, have had swine flu this week so have been quite ill so hopefully will have had a good loss for this weeks weigh in, which in our household is on a Sunday

That's great that you've lost all that weight so quickly. Wish I could do that. Anyway, congratulations. :)

Tesco still have theirs on half price and Morrisons are BOGOF, so both places work out the same price at £2.34 a tin which is great :)

I'm starting SF today. I have been feeling terrible about my weight lately and have decided that maybe something like SF is for me.

Have got a shake for brekkie, a SF bar for snack and a bar for lunch. Am going to head to Tesco after work to see what else I can have.

Back