SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

hi all i am Trev, i have been looking on this site for a couple of weeks reading through the posts and have decided to sign up so i can post i started the sf plan on the 1st of july after watching the biggest loser,and so far so good i have even joined the gym well been going for a week which is going really well at the mo, i am currently down from 19st to 18st 1 and looking to get down to about 14st then see where i want to go from there!!!! can anyone advise how long they think this should take? as i mostly see women on here and not many men an i know men generally lose weight a little faster then men

hi all i am Trev, i have been looking on this site for a couple of weeks reading through the posts and have decided to sign up so i can post i started the sf plan on the 1st of july after watching the biggest loser,and so far so good i have even joined the gym well been going for a week which is going really well at the mo, i am currently down from 19st to 18st 1 and looking to get down to about 14st then see where i want to go from there!!!! can anyone advise how long they think this should take? as i mostly see women on here and not many men an i know men generally lose weight a little faster then men

hiya trev and welcome, you're right there's not many guys on here so perhaps you will start a trend! can't help you on how long it will take cos really everybodys different and depends on how dedicated you are but so long as you stick with it you'll get there. good luck x

Hi

I have been lurking for a while on this site, but have recently decided that it was time I got my ar5e in gear and started to seriously try to lose weight.

Hubby and I have started SF today - lets hope my motivation keeps with me for a while longer than before! lol

Nik

Sigh....

:sigh: ive tried all sorts of diets before, including SF, but i all ways seem to fall of the bandwagon, i think it is mainly i like to eat lots of food.

how do you all stay on the diet? i want to try again!!!

K xx

help please

hi there could someone please help me,lol..what is the differnce between cambridge diet and slim fast,ive done cambridge before and lost loads on that but i now want to try slim fast as its cheaper lol .ive been told that with slimfast it cums off realy slow,please can someone help me as i dont no what to do,many thanks nicki:wave_cry:

Hi started my diet on the 23rd July so i'm now in week 2 :)

Weighed 280lbs in Jan 2008 managed to get down to 260lbs by xmas last year but not by very healthy ways. Have stayed the same from then till July this year then decided that enoughs enough its time to do something about it. Especialy after being told that i cant have my sterilisation reversed till i loose some weight. Were also having a family holiday in May next year to Florida thanks to my mum (shes 60 and wants to do something big bless her)

So nows the time :D

Hi all

i am starting the SF diet AGAIN tomorrow, so i hope i can follow it this time fingers crossed, i really hope so.

Newbie!

Hi, just started on SF today, tried CD for a short while but really missed food!!
So hoping this will be a bit easier, obviously it won't be as big a weight loss but it's for the long term.
Have a long way to go but want to do it this time!!

Hello to all the newbies! I always forget to look in this thread, lots of new people which is great. Hope you're all getting on ok, let us know how you're doing and shout if you need anything, everybody here is really helpful so I'm sure at least one of us can answer any questions.

Hi Stirky, well day 1 seems to be going well so far, not been too difficult to stick to! Just got to remember to drink plenty of water!
Is it ok to have diet drinks/diluting juice?

Hi Stirky, well day 1 seems to be going well so far, not been too difficult to stick to! Just got to remember to drink plenty of water!
Is it ok to have diet drinks/diluting juice?

Yes sure diet drinks and no sugar squash is fine if you don't like plain water. I sometimes have a can of diet coke, nice treat lol. I used to have a can a day when I started SF again as was good if I had a craving for something sweet, though I've cut it down as not too good for your teeth lol.

Another great drink to have is green tea, as no cals and it's good for you. I like the green tea with jasmine, gorgoeus!

Great, thanks for the tips....you just reminded me that I had green tea with pineapple & grapefruit in the cupboard, just made one so will see how that goes!.x

Hope you enjoyed it, I've just finished my workout, so having a shower then will chill out with a green tea too I think :)

Hi another newbie here

Hey everyone. I'm new here and trying the slim fast diet seriously for the first time. I've tried the shakes before but never really took it seriously as I was younger and weighed less so losing weight was not at the top of my list of priorities. I found this site by searching google after reading about it on the slim fast facebook site.

I'm look forward to joining in the challenges and this month I'm aiming to lose 10lbs. :)

Hey I'm going to be starting on slimfast next week! Hope it goes well. I have a real sweet tooth so I'm hoping having chocolate milkshakes and stuff helps control the cravings. Do the powder shakes taste good? Also is it ok to use soya milk to make them? I'm really hoping slimfast works for me. I have a blog for anyone interested in reading it and seeing how I'm doing Pink fluff and other stuff

Hello Badger & Pink fluff!

I've never used soya milk in them myself, but don't see why not if it's fat free soya milk. I love the shakes, although I always blend them with 4 ice cubes using a hand blender. Makes them go all frothy and creamy and taste gorgeous! I don't like them just mixed with milk, too powdery tasting.

Good luck with it both of you and let us know how you get on :)

hi all am Debbie, and new here
i have done lipotrim, CD and missed eating too much and would always fall off the wagon, hoping slim fast will help me..
Started monday and havent done too great but better than i normally would..
have had my one meal a day and my meal bar and drink..
felt sick and almost threw up with the first drink i made up so have gotten some ready made ones to try, i may not have mixed it right though and am not used to skimmed milk..
but will keep trying..i am sure in time i will get used to it..
i have over 5 stone to lose (think i was in denial for a while)
currently weigh 15st 11
want to be 9st 7 or at least around that..
so just popped in to say hi.. will be weighing on saturday, so fingers crossed for a half decent loss lol

Last edited:
Hi Debz. Good luck with it, keep us posted on how you're getting on. Have you tried blending the shakes up with ice cubes? they are lovely that way, I don't really like them without ice, but with they are thick and creamy and gorgeous lol!

Helloooo!

I'm starting Slim Fast on Saturday and can't wait. Am really hoping I can do this as I want to lose weight so much!

Back