SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

Hi all :)

I started SF on Monday so am looking forward to watching those pounds melt away! I have tried lots before and know I can do it- and this time for good!- I do not want another year of faty-ness ruining my life- so here goes!! Looking forward to reading all your inspirational stories!

:D xxxx

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I have been using Slimfast for nearly 2 weeks now and have already managed to lose 8lbs! Thought i would join this messageboard for a bit of support because i know the going is going to get tough! :p Good Luck Everyone! Claire x

Great loss Claire and welcome to the board :)

Hi, have joined the slimfast plan today, hoping to succeed and get rid of this extra weight that seems to keep finding me.

Hi everyone. Just started the slim fast diet...again. First time this new year. I am so glad i found this site. Sending my weight will be a great motivator. I want to jump start the diet by having the slim fast 3x a day instead of two. I would have the third one instead of a meal. Do that for a couple of weeks then slowly introduce a low-fat/calorie meal. Wish me luck.

Nubianspirit. xx

Hi everyone. Just started the slim fast diet...again. First time this new year. I am so glad i found this site. Sending my weight will be a great motivator. I want to jump start the diet by having the slim fast 3x a day instead of two. I would have the third one instead of a meal. Do that for a couple of weeks then slowly introduce a low-fat/calorie meal. Wish me luck.

Nubianspirit. xx

To be honest, a lot of people have found that having 3 shakes does not increase weight loss as you go into starvation mode with this product. If you want to do something like that, maybe you should start off on Lighter Life or Cambridge Diet as that is made for that use.
It depends on how much you have to lose and how quickly you want to lose it. I lost 10lbs in the first week of following slimfast 3 weeks ago and I have lost a stone in 3 weeks. That's huge!
I know everyone else will probably say the same so don't risk it. Slimfast doesn't have the correct nutrients to be a total meal replacement.

Good Luck!

helloo I AM Jolly and I start from scratch in the slim fast world ..... i need all the help i can get to loose my two stone .....

Hi everyone-

First weeks weigh in (on the wii fit) and lost 6 pounds! I did it twice just to check lol! Cool- really given me the boost to carry on- Last night was really hard as I was cooking roast pork and all the trimmings for the family- and oh god I could have eaten that crackling in a second!!! hehe. Knowing I was weighing in today though motivated me - thats why I didnt start on a Friday as I knew it would give me license to binge out on the weekends! Anyway- onwards and upwards!
I hope you are all doing well too!

xxxxx

Hi Biggirl

I think you may be right.

I successfully stuck to having just slim fast yesterday and when i went to bed, i swear my stomach was eating itself. I was literally staving when i went to bed. I think i shall do slim fast the way it should be done. You said you lost 10lbs in the first week and i think thats fantastic. I hope i can lose that much. I am off to the gym this evening for a power pump session. Thanks so much for your advice.

Nubianspirit xx

To be honest, a lot of people have found that having 3 shakes does not increase weight loss as you go into starvation mode with this product. If you want to do something like that, maybe you should start off on Lighter Life or Cambridge Diet as that is made for that use.
It depends on how much you have to lose and how quickly you want to lose it. I lost 10lbs in the first week of following slimfast 3 weeks ago and I have lost a stone in 3 weeks. That's huge!
I know everyone else will probably say the same so don't risk it. Slimfast doesn't have the correct nutrients to be a total meal replacement.

Hi Biggirl

I think you may be right about it not being safe. I felt arwful yesterday. I swear my stomach was eating itself. I was starving when i went to bed. I shall do it the right way. You losing 10lbs is proof enough that it works doing it right. Thanks for your advice and support. Going to the gym tonight for a power pump session.

Nubianspirit x

at an average of half a stone a month that sounds more a very realistic goal JoJo - good luck!

Hi, I'm kate, im a newbie to slim fast and this site.

im finding it quite easy at the moment, i actually look forward to my shakes so that can only be a good thing.

its nice to meet you all

love kate xxx

Hi all
I'm Kate & I'm starting on SF today, once I have been to supermarket with hubby to buy my products :) I started CD last year and lost 1.5 stones, then I continued alone and lost another 7lbs.

I'm currently, 16.9 and would like to get down to 13 stone first of all to see how I feel, I'm tall, 5'11 so don't think going lower than this will actually be good for me.

Ive enjoyed logging back into this site and reading success stories, I really want to finally do this & prove to myself that I can lose the excess weight I have stupidly managed to gain over the years.

All the best to you all and I shall log my loss next Monday. We are off to Egypt on the 22nd feb for 2 weeks so I plan on being sensible whilst there and hubby and I are going to snorkel and use the gym to maintain some activity level.

Kate xx :)

Hi Kate, im kate too and also new to slim fast (well a week or so into it)

good luck hun.

hi and welcome!! hope you are both (both kates ) doing ok... ask any questions you feel you need to, and if you need anything just give us a shout.

Hello everyone! I'm doing Slimfast because I did really well on Lighter Life Lite last year and don't feel I need to do anything drastic just get back in the habit of cutting down. I liked the feeling of eating small meals and being slim, but since Christmas a few excess pounds have crept on and I am almost eating as much as I did in the past. Slimfast is very similar to LLL but cheaper and more accessible so I've stocked up my cupboard and giving it a go.
I am aiming for 10 pounds loss, although 7 would take me to my original goal but I'm off to Florida this summer and would like to be a bit lower for then.
I like to post and will be joining in some of the forum groups.
Loking forward to meeting you all.

hi tizmee im on slimfast and on oristat and i am too off to florida in sept 17 cant wait but i want to be super slim ive got 3 stone to go so wish me luck debbiex

hi all
very new here
i started slimfast about a week ago...going ok
it was half price so i bought about 2 months worth, so i'm definitely going to be on 2 meals of it a day for a while

so far so good

any tips or advice welcome!

Hi everyone

Another newby to the dieting world! Had my daughter 6 months ago and need to shift the weight before my wedding in March (1-1 ½ stone would be nice) as the dress does not fit! Have lost about 11lb so far by doing a bit of exercise and cutting out snacks & drinking mid week but it just isn’t coming off quick enough.

Started on Slim Fast last Thursday but again gave myself the weekend off and had some wine last night (I know cheating) but did do an extra hour on the wii fit.

Just weighed myself now and have lost 2 ½ lb in 6 days but will do an official weigh in tomorrow as I started on Thursday plus not sure I stuck to 600 calories for my evening meal. As you can see I am hopeless at this and my will power is rubbish when it comes to food. Any suggestions for nice home cooked evening meals that will suit the whole family would be greatly appreciated.

Back