SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

hello, im starting this tomow and need all the help i can get and all the tips i can get as i need to lose jus over 2stone for my wedding in july

thanks all and good luck anna

Good luck i am also aiming fo mid May with my weight loss goalwe can do it if we put our minds to it.

hi vic1980, yeh we can do it if we put our heds 2gether when did u start ? xx

Only been on the sf a week but really been cutting out the bad stuff during the week and allowing treats on a weekend since Christmas. Only had my daughter 6 months ago so couldn’t start dieting till recently. Never really been on a diet before so not sure how much weight I should be expecting to come off! Only problem is that my dress will no longer zip up (hopefully they will have deflated a little by now!) but at least 3 inches till it will close :eek: hope it is possible.

Have you done SF before?

hiya vic1980,
no ive not done sf b4 i was doing slimming would and it was going ok but i couldnt keep sticking to it but i did do 4days on lipotrim but it wasnt for me, i am geting married in july and need to lose about 2st12lb to get in to my wedding dress i have got it and it is lovey but cant do it up, i got a smaller size to give me the incentive, but not worked the way i wanted it to lol. have u got any tips for me it is my 1st day today xx good luck xxx

Anna

See your having the same problem as me
Weight loss so far down to watching what i eat Monday -Friday and allowing myself to have (some) naughty things on a weekend. Also when little one having naps doing a wii work out or stepping/jogging on the spot while watching TV! Really must get outside but the rain & snow is driving me mad.

Thought if i give SF a go it might speed things up a bit but i really need to cut out the treats!

hiya vic, where are u from then, and yeh i do the wii as well i just done 15mins on it, i have lost 1lb since yesterday weigh in, are you sticking to the 3-2-1 plan,

i cant beleave diet coke is least cals then milk i mean a 330 can of coke is 0.5 kcal's but a dash of skimed milk in tea is 5 kcals xx

good luck though add me as a friend please

had my 1st weigh in and i have lost 2lb since last thursday but it is t.o.t.m

Hi All. Have just joinned tonight having started SF today. Really glad to have found this forum for advice, motivation and support. You're all doing so well, so off to read up on more information.

hi everyone..id love to join too..ive lost a few pounds this year but have several more to lose before my goal! i looking for support and give it of course as i find it very hard to do it on my own. h x

Hello everyone - it's Easter Saturday - Happy Easter everyone! I'm a newbie, not yet started the Slimfast plan - D Day for me is Tuesday 7 April when all the goodies are out the way & I can concentrate properly on it. I am determined - I haven't set my profile up properly so at the moment there are no goals on, but I am going to aim for half a stone at a time.
Looking forward to reading all your postings and getting to know the site - it seems great!
Love FBF x

Hi, new to MiniMinis but think it's a great way for everyone to support and motivate each other.

Been dieting/ cutting back and exercising loads since January and have now started on Slim Fast in a hope to loose at least another 2 stone for my holiday in July.

Long term goal is to loose just over 10 stone.

Would love to speak with anyone in a similar situation as will be dieting for a while.

Hi there - halfway through the day on day one of my new lifestyle! I spent all Easter weekend stuffing my face and drinking copious amounts of wine, a sort of 'last meal' scenario!
By the way, I've called myself Fatbutfit as (ironically) I am a fitness instructor, so although I am overweight I am actually fairly fit in a physical way, not in an 'I'm so gorgeous' fit way. I thought I'd better clear that up in case anyone thought who does she think she is!!!'

Hello Kas - you are doing fantastically well! Well done you! I know you've started SF now - what sort of plan were you doing before?

Last edited:
To fatbutfit:

Just cutting down, eating loads of pasta, rice, baked tatties and fruit and veg and cutting out all the pre-made, pre-packed stuff, bread, crisps, biscuits etc.

On the SF now for breakfast and lunch and trying to stick to healthy dinners, not really one for snacking only the odd apple/ banana/ 10 cal jelly but seems to be going well.

I hope you first day goes ok. Goodluck!

Kas

Hey i'm new to this forum, was just doing some research on slim fast by googling and found it!.. i went to tesco to check out the slimfast options yesturday but saw they had a tesco alternative that was on offer for 2 boxes for £6 which was just 3 pence more than 1 box of slimfast (with the exact same content)... so far today had one shake for my breakfast (strawberry flavour).. it wasnt the nicest but i wasnt hungry after it! actually made me feel abit sickly but if its stopped me snacking it must be a good thing.. just wondering if anyone else ha tried the tesco one? if soo if it worked? or shud i just pay more for the slim fast? .. i'm usually quite good at losing weight through dieting and excercise but find that i stress over counting the calories wrong, like the shakes as you know exactly how many calories your having! appreciate any feed back! cheers :D x

hi every one my i join you pleased, lost 1st 2lb on cambridge but missed food, have 1 and half stone to lose would love some diet buddies love fay x

Hello :)

Another newbie here.

Started slimfast on Monday and have to say although its not the easiest diet - its certainly not the hardest!

Need to find my way around the site abit more -but its encouraging to see such good weight losses - well done everyone!

I have found the ready made drinks more expensive - however i do buy them to see if I like the flavour before I buy a tin ;-)

Good luck all!

Babybear x

Hi All

I am starting tomorrow. I hope it works for me. Have made sure there are no biscuits in and all the chocolate will be gone by tonight...lol

Back