SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

oops sorry, i put 2 snacks as thats what i have but yes it is 3 snacks. :)
yes we all adapt diets to work for ourselves. its all trial and error ;)

Hi, starting Slimfast today, Im approaching 40 and really fed up with the extra weight Ive accumulated over the years
Gave up smoking in February and have gained at least another stone because of that
I have around 48 pounds to lose
So here I go :)

Sally

Last edited:
hi sally, welcome to slimfast. i have recently failed giving up smoking and i was 40 this year. so im still forty,fat and a smoker. will get there in the end. well done for giving up and good luck with the diet ;)

I think it is probably impossible to give up smoking and diet at the same time
I quit by cutting one cigarette out at a time until I was smoking half of one in the morning and half before bed
I then switched the cigarretes for the inhalator
Ive had a few blips and given in to cravings , usually when I have a glass of wine in hand but have only had about a dozen since feb
nobody is perfect eh?
Now time to tackle the weight
Good luck to you too
Sally

Hi all,

I started Slimfast yesterday to hopefully be a size 10/12 before I go to Paris for my 21st! I'm currently a 14 ; not weighed myself yet, that's my job tonight, but as long as I fit in nice clothes I don't mind what the scales say!

I'm having 2 shakes a day and then a dinner from a weight watchers receipe so hopefully it'll work out!

hi claree, welcome to slimfast. try to aim for at least 1200 calories a day or you will gain the weight you lose by just looking at food lol ;)

Hi Claree
good luck with the plan
Im on day 5 , I include 3 snacks per day too otherwise I old be starving and soon fall of the wagon
as long as your snacks are under 100 cals each thats fine
I usually have a banana, a packet of salt and vinegar snackajacks and a small cereal bar, 2 shakes plus dinner
yet to have my first weigh in (fri) but hoping im doing enough to lose

Hello, Ive started today.
Im 40 in feb and want to lose 3 stones.
I exercise at the gym 4 days a week and have done for the last 8 weeks and not lost any weight. So Im trying SF to hopefully kick it all into action.

hi rumbly tums
im 40 in december and want to lose 3 and a half stone
i started slimfast 6 days ago and have my first weigh in tomoro
i wish i had the motivation to exercise as much as you
ive started an october challenge thread if you want to join in

Hi everyone, i've decided to start slimfast this week.
I want to slim down for my works xmas part on 4th dec just wanted to say HI :D
Lizzie x

hi lizzie
im on week 3 and doing ok...lost 5lb so far
have a long way to go though but setting small goals helps
shout out if you need any help/advice/support
good luck

Hi, My name is Lyn and am trying Slimfast again after having great success a number of years ago losing over 4 stones. Since then I have gained it all back (plus some!) so am trying again. I have trouble sticking to it so I thought if I came and joined like minded people I would have more success.
What didn't help was breaking my tib and fib in June resulting in more weight going on but getting more mobile now and feeling more positive. Would like to lose about 5 or 6 stones. People say I don't need to lose that much but because I am tall I hide it better than I would if I were shorter. (I am 5 foot 11)
Looking forward to chatting:)

Hi everyone. :)

I've just started (still a teeny bit unsure though) with the slimfast plan. I'm on day 3! It looked like a good plan that would fit in with my lifestyle. I'm a size 14/16 at the moment but I have a pair of size 14 jeans that I can pull up and zip up but haven't had much luck buttoning up. I would just LOVE to fit nicely into those! So that's my first goal. I'm a bit weird also cause I'm not really weighing myself at the moment. I'm trying to go on how I feel but I'm considering weighing myself when we get to december. I'm a big exercise fan too. I don't do loads but what I do I love. :D

I've looked through some of the diaries and you're all doing so well. :)

xx

Aw thanks for the encouragement! Day 4's gone fabulously (if I say so myself) and is now all done and dusted. :) You too remember! It could be interesting to see how we both progress over the weeks. Not at all like a competition, just sharing ups and downs, etc. :)

Hi I have just started Slimfast today. Went really overboard with the food this Christmas :cry:. Looking forward to meeting everyone here :)

Back