SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

Hi emma and welcome. The only advice i would give u is dont go hungry the plan is designed to be healthy and if ur cutting meals ur not doing it properly and ur probably setting ur self up to give up! Also if u undereat ur body will go into starvation mode and u wont lose anything..... i know this for a fact because I did the very same thing.....i lost 4.5lb in my 1st week when i followed the plan as they tell u too but the next 2 weeks i maintained and gained because i was undereating...feel free to read my diary & u will see as soon as i gave mybody the cals it needed i lost weight again! Xx

Stephie77 xxx

stephie, ur so right! today i thought i was going to faint lol.

i have been better today and had a shake, a ceral bar half a cheese pasty and tonight im having just a light meal of beans on toast.

i think i going to stock up on weight watchers meals and have 2 a day x

One of my faves is tinned toms, mushrooms and onion on toast. Mix an oxo in and a bit of curry or chilli powder and its lush and next to no cals. Or get the asda simmer soups 4 for £1 sachets they make a good bowl of soup are under 100 cals so could in effect be one of ur snacks and i put some sliced mushrooms in. Rather than eating 2 processed meals a day why not get some soups or make a veg soup? Bovril is another top trick ( or oxo) the chicken ones tast like chicken soup. I often have 2 oxo in a mug mid morning to 'take the edge off' the hunger. Theres loads u could have....even weetabix and 90ml skimmed milk is only 100cals. Can u tell i like my food ????? Lol x

Stephie77 xxx

Hi all, i started using slimfast about 2 weeks ago, ive lost 12lb in total so far but still lots to go, i weigh 246.2lb at the moment (17.9 stone) i used to weigh just over 20 stone but over time managed to lose it very very slowly. Now im trying really hard to loose this weight as im hoping to get married in a couple of years and also im trying for a baby (having fertility treatment due to poly-cystic ovary syndrome) im not finding slimfast too difficult to stick to, my partner is also on a diet (celebrity slim) so its easier to stick to as we cant even have junk food in the house :). Thats all for now, i'll have a look at the other threads and see whats going on with everyone xxxx

Thanks Moonshimmer, good luck with your diet! I have metformin 500mg three times a day to help with weight loss and other pcos symptoms! have you been offered this? it really does help xxx

When I was diagnosed a month ago, metformin was mentioned along with dianette. I asked if I could be prescribed for both but the dr said she just wants to see how I get along with the dianette first. I might be going back soon to push for the metformin!

hmmm i was put on dianette when i was about 16 they said it would help with my weight and my acne. However once i came off it i still had spots, was still overweight and it has caused fertility problems. Im not saying this will happen to you but it may be worth reading up on it, especially if you want to have children/more children xxx

Hello everyone im a newbie,
was hoping i could join the slimfast forum. im on the ultra slim diet (not much different) and im currently on day five, this is possibly the longest ive ever dieted successfully!
looking foward to meeting you all, Kim xx

i started slimfast yesterday, so far so good! eating at night time is my downfall...any tips on not eating late at night?! Got 3 stone to lose, looking for a dieting buddy for some company! x

that is also my main struggle eating at night i cant help myself, so i bought these choclate chip tracker bars think there about 123 cals (packet of 8 from tescos), this will usually keep me happy till morning, im really struggling with my diet at the mo feel like giving up ive stayed the same for two weeks,
ive got about 3 1/2 stone to lose, was hoping to lose it by july/auguast, doubt it at this rate:sigh:

Hi All,

Started SF on Tuesday, not finding it too bad so far! Trying to have a shake in morning, healthy lunch and shake in the evening! Hoping it works, nice to hear of success stories and to track your progress with friends :p

Goal 1 - get under 12st!

LOLL2011 said:
Hi everyone, i started slimfast today started to diet about month back didnt last long as found the other diet boring n slipped bk into my old ways but determined now as im sick of feeling so low about myself just want to wear clothes i like instead of covering up all the time. well good luck everyone :)

Thts gud well done you are back on it.good luck.x

Hi iam new here
I stared SF 2 days ago so Sunday and found this place after looking for outher ppl that have done it. I tryed it a few years back but didnt stick to it so hoping finding this place will give me the kick up the bum to help me. Iam getting marryed in June and really need to lose about 7-14 lbs so my dress fits me like it should.

Hi there, I started slimfast 6 days ago, haven't weighed myself for the 1st time yet, so fingers crossed for tomorrow! I have been having the powdered shakes with soya milk, I find they taste much better, which is strange as I can't stand soya milk on its own :)
No one I know seems able or willing to stick to a diet, so hoping to find some dieting buddies on here to help me through.

Hello im starting on Tuesday the 5th. Cant wait have my wedding in August so need too shift my love handles! LOL

Hello everyone :D I have just moved to SF from Exante as I couldn't stomach it! I am on SF shake for breakfast, V healthy low carb/low cal small meal or slim fast bar for lunch and a low carb/high protein/low cal dinner. Have lost 5lbs in 5 days :D

Have never been so motivated to lose weight, am very happy at the mo as I seem to be totally in the zone! Going on hols at the end of May and I want to look nice in a bikini!

hi just started today, i have gained lots of weight during ivf after loosing 126lbs 3 years ago and now want to start getting myself back on track and feeling better good luck everyone i know it can be done

Back