SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

Hiya. I am a newbie. I have previously lost 56lbs with WW about 5 years ago for my wedding. Maintained for a year, then put it all back on (and a bit extra as well) when I went to uni to do my nurse training. I have been doing SW since last April and have lost 20lbs, but havent lost anything since last October. I just keep losing and gaining the same 5lbs.

So, as of yesterday, I am doing Slim Fast, and so far I am loving it.

My current weight is 13 stone. My target weight is 9 stone 7.

Welcome Meredith. I am an ex-Slimming World girl. All was going well for a while then about 3 months ago I just started losing and regainng the same half a stone :( so I decided a change was on the cards.

I started Slim-Fast about 5 weeks ago and have lost that wretched half a stone again, only this time it has stayed off and I am still losing, albeit slowly (about a pound a week now, which is fine TBH). I am enjoying not having to chose what "day" I am on and just decide of an evening what I want as my meal.

I've still got a way to go - my current weight is 12st 3lbs, starting weight was 13st 4lbs and I want to get down to 11st or perhaps 10st 7lbs.... I will see once I get closer to my initial target.

I am enjoying this plan and really do feel that my goal is achievable, whereas with SW it just became a daily struggle.

Here's hoping we all get there!

Hey Hey

Newbie to the group. My name is Dee and been doing WW Pro-points since 08/01/12 but they are not liking me and taking forever to lose weigh as currently only lost 19lbs compared to ww old points system but now i lost 2st 8lbs and doing the same thing as before.

I did WW back in 2008 and managed to lose 4 stone by March 2009. Since then alot went wrong personal and most of the weight apart from 5lbs went back on.

So i have 5 weeks to holiday and a goal of 9lbs to reach to meet my 2st goal i wanted, so thought i would try this plan and if goes well will continue it through.

Cheers

Dee

Welcome Dee :D

Hi, I am really doing Herbalife ATM but have used Slimfast/Ultraslim before and it is very similar with two shakes, snacks and evening meal so I thought I'd come here for moral support, which I need in bucketloads!

I have a big family do in mid-May so I was hoping to loose the first bit of weight by then. If I could lose 8-10 lbs over the next 5 weeks I will be very happy! Surely even I can manage 2 lbs a week???

I then want to go on to initially lose 2 stone, that will get me to a weight where I will be quite happy and not feel quite so heavy, unfit and frumpy (based on experience - it is pregnancy weight I am trying to lose so I remember being that weight and have photos to prove it. At the time, I thought I was really overweight, but looking at those photos now I realise I looked great, in a healthy, curvy way. Hindsight, huh?). I may want to lose another stone or at least half after that, so that I am not so close to the 'edge' and can afford to e.g. put on a couple of pounds over a holiday and Christmas and still be ok (within healthy BMI and fitting into my jeans).

Hi,
This only my second post. My first post was me saying I started Slimfast but i broke my diet on the first day :O
So I started again (properly) on April 23rd, I eat one meal a day and drink two shakes. It's been four days and I've lost 9lbs! Super happy about that.
I just hope I don't lose motivation - My weakness :(

I want to lose at LEAST 2 stones by the end of this year and I simply refuse to let myself down again.
*gulp* So here goes......

Hi just started slim fast today been doing celebrity slim but so expensive compared to slim fast and the shakes a so much nicer :) read a few weight lost on her hoping it works for me :)
Good luck everyone .. Shaz...

Hi all, started Slimfast today.
I've previously done WW a couple of times but regained and then some. I'm thinking Slimfast suits me better as I dont usually bother with breakfast or lunch much, so having a yummy milkshake instead of "food" works well, and then the rest is just calorie counting.
I now have 82lbs to lose (that number just keeps going up) but I'm really starting to struggle carrying that much weight, my back doesnt like it very much; and as other things are starting to change in my life, for the better, I think now is the time to tackle the fat :D
Cath xx

Hi Lisa, thanks for the welcome :)

Hi im starting slimfast after doing weight watchers... Its just not working for me any more i only have a stone and half left to loose i was nearly at goal last nov but had a lot of problems family work etc but an ready to loose it again! Wish me look

Morning fello Slimfasters!!

I have joined the forum today!!!

Need to lose 12lbs, have done it on Slimfast before and determined to do it again!!!

Started today!! Good Luck to all other new dieters (and some of the more established ones too)

Donna

Hi, my name is Sue - I started Slim Fast yesterday 20/06/12 I have loads of weight to lose so I am going to do it in stages so as not to scare myself...

I am feeling quite hungry and have had a headache since yesterday is this normal?

Good luck to everyone :)

Hi, my name is Natalie and I started Slim Fast today. I have tried almost every diet listed here on minimins and I would like to lose at LEAST 2 stone by end of October when i jet off to Florida for 2 weeks!

Hi Sue. When is your weigh day?

I started on Friday and I'm determined to lose 6 stones. Ive not had any headaches but I do get cravings at night.

Are you drinking enough water?

Steph x

Hi,

I'd been going to go on a VLCD but can't afford them. I'm doing Slimfast instead. I started last Monday but forgot to weigh myself. Still I'm seeing a dietician and she weighs me every few weeks. She'll know if I've lost anything. I don't bother with the SF snacks. I have two shakes in the day and a weight watchers meal in the evening. I do have some fruit in the day, today it's chunks of honeydew melon, a few grapes and a few strawberries. I usually drink about 8 cups of coffee a day with 2 sugars in each. For the diet, I've cut down to one cup of coffee, still with 2 sugars and usually a couple of sugar free Vimtos with hot water.

Tomorrow, I've got a tray coming from Graze.com so that'll do me for snacks for a couple of days.

My favourite flavours are vanilla and coffee. I'm dying to try the Caramel flavour but not seen it in the shops yet.

Elaine.

hi, im louise

i started on slim fast 8 days ago and have lost 5lb so far. next week i am seeing my doctor who has told me he is going to put me on Orlistat, but im not holding my breath as i have heard that stocks of it are low so i may just be continuing with slim fast.

i have a shake in the morning, one for lunch then a reasonably healthy tea. i dont have any snacks in between, im trying to get my body used to being hungry!!!

i have a considerable amount of weight to lose and i have tried dieting before but it never felt like it does now. i think this is it for me. i have to do it now, and i can feel it in myself that im going to do it.

i just want it to be like 3 months down the line so i can see a difference in my weight and size. lets hope it goes quickly!!

day one for me, after a failed attempt last week!
just weighed myself and horrified to see 19st 2lb sat here so upset but angry ive let it get thsi bad!
taking my little girl to nursery at 9am then quick slimfast shop then home to start cleaning and go on the wii
Getting married in feb and already have my size 14/16 dress hung in the bedroom, its just me thats letting everyone down atm!
determined now that this is the heaviest i will ever be vlcd i have tried arent for me very fast losses but i just doint have that much willpower!
so the next best thing is slimfast.
day one here we go!

Back