SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

Hi everyone, I have done Slimfast before, i was on it for a month and i lost a stone, it was the most successful i have been on a diet. I am 10st 8 at the moment and would like to get down to 9st or maybe 9st 7, see how it goes. This week i have lost 6lb, which i am really surprised at, as i drank loads of alcohol at the weekend. Im not sure how long i will be on this, as i am using up diet shakes i have and i have about another weeks worth of slimfast, then i will probably move onto slimmm shakes, which i have tons of, but i will post my weight next Monday, as it motivates me to stay on track.
Toxisgrl i found before on Slimfast that (healthy) snacking helps, as it fires up your metabolism, and also drinking water, which i really have to force myself to do. Good luck to everyone.

I started slim fast last week and have already lost 1.4kg...

I'm just hating the fact my boyfriend can sit and snack all evening..... that's what got me in this blubbery mess in the first place.
I've just bought a Davina Mccall fitness dvd to do too.

Bring on size 10 me again by xmas!

Good Luck everyone!

Sammy
xx

Hi Sammy

I know exactly what you mean! My boyfriend literally eats for two people and maintains 32" trousers...

Plus he can't cook so I've had to cook all our dinners. Not easy Lol.

He is trying hard to support me but I'm so jealous.

Good luck and it does get easier.

Steph x

Hi, I have done slim fast before and I lost 1 stone in 2 weeks. I just went straight back to eating crap so obviously put it all back on but has anyone done this for a couple of weeks and then gone on to just eating healthily and not gained the weight back?

Hi All, Just started slimfast today, I need to lose alot of weight but got to start somewhere, I have even dusted off my cycle and rode to town for some chicken, going to do a chicken stirfry for tea nom nom nom.

Good luck xx

Hi, I started slim fast yesterday, I have around 5st to lose, and im feeling pretty confident that this diet will work :D
Good luck everyone xxx

Hi All

my name is Stacey. Started the plan a couple of weeks ago but i'll be honest i have been abit naughty.
Now I am in the right frame of mind i am ready to really give it a good go.
Love Stacey xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Hezz and welcome back Stacey!

Hi All, A quick update, I've been losing weight quite well since discovering my diabetes, High BP, High Cholesterol, Sleep Apnoea and arthritis all in the space of a few weeks. I have to say, It's been quite motivating. Last time I input my weight I was 190lbs, now I'm 178 lbs. Getting there.

Layni

Oh... I've moved on to the Tesco version of slimfast because I can't find tubs of coffee flavoured slimfast (just the pre made up drinks and they're too expensive). I have that, and the vanilla and slimfast's caramel. I'm still having fruit in between meals and a weight watchers meal for dinner.

Since the cholesterol results came back, I've also been on cholesterol reducing products like yoghurt and benecol spread.

Last edited:
Hi all, glad to find a slim fast forum. I'm on day four, feeling really positive, says I have lost 7pounds already, but I have a lot to lose. Hope your all well

Hi i am new to slim fast, i am going to start tomorrow/tuesday probably more so tuesday. I was going to try the vlcd but funds just wont permit to it. so going to give slimfast a whirl, I have done weightwatchers before and i lost 4 stone on it but this last 2 years i have hovered around the same weight so i need something to kick start my weightloss.
We are going to Centre parcs in a few months time and i would love to be at least 1.5 stone lighter so fingers crossed i can shift some of this unwanted fat

:wave_cry:

Well, I was a size 20 when I started and now I'm a size 16!!! This week I've started adding exercise to my regime. I bought an exercise mat, 3 x 10 minute pilates DVDs and a 10 minute "belly busting" exercise DVD at the weekend. I tried the beginners pilates first but I couldn't even manage that! Then I came across a Yogaboxing DVD in my cupboard and put that on. I was much more capable of doing those exercises and I'd really worked up a sweat by the end of it. Perhaps I can use that DVD to tone up enough to do the others. Not tried the Belly Buster yet. I also popped into a pilates class at my company's gym at lunchtime yesterday but by last night my knees were swollen and painful. I've signed up for Docspot through my doctor and a local leisure centre. I'm really looking forward to getting some good advice, aimed at people with poorly bits (such as my arthritic knees).

I'm still on the slimfast and weightwatchers meals. Because I've also cut down from 8 coffees a day (each with 2 sugars) to 1 or 2 cups a day (with 1 sugar), I would really miss my coffee but the cafe latte slimfasts are perking me up.

My Company has brought out a new grab bag product of chocolate covered pretzels. They did a desk drop yesterday, I just dropped it into my bag and gave it to hubby when I got home. I feel quite virtuous these days.

Heidi, good luck with centre parcs. It can be done in 12 weeks! We're off to the Canaries next month. I've got exactly a month to see if I can get down to a 14 (which will mean I'll have to buy a new wardrobe too.

Layni

Thank you Layni
well done on your loss so far.. I am on day one and i am starving lol. Had a shake at 9.30 i have had 1 litre of water and just had a coffee. im trying to hold out until about 1.30-2.00 for my next shake as i dont eat my evening meal until 8.00 at night
i am going to be on the floor
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hi all. Im currently on weightwatchers and doing well (half a stone of).. however im needing something quicker, as my holiday is fast approaching, so im going to give slim fast a go. Im at the gym.nearly everyday so hopefully ill get another 7lb of before I go away. I start the shakes tomorrow so ill keep yous posted... How has everyone else found this???

Hi all! I'm Liz and I started Slimfast on Saturday so coming up to the end of my first week on it! I feel like i'm doing OK so far and hoping I can do it for a month to give my weight loss journey a kick start :D

Hi All,

I'm starting the Slimfast plan tomorrow. I've lost 3 and a half stone over the last 2 years but my weight loss has slowed right down and I've started snacking again and craving take aways because I'm not seeing my hard work pay off when I step on the scales and see that I've stayed the same AGAIN! So instead of just giving up (which I was beginning to consider) I've decided to up another gear and go on slimfast.

I'm looking forward to sharing my experience with you all and hopefully I'll be able to support you all as well,

Tori

Hi all. Im currently on weightwatchers and doing well (half a stone of).. however im needing something quicker, as my holiday is fast approaching, so im going to give slim fast a go. Im at the gym.nearly everyday so hopefully ill get another 7lb of before I go away. I start the shakes tomorrow so ill keep yous posted... How has everyone else found this???

Hi Staceylou, I'm combining slimfast with weightwatchers. I only have the shakes and not the bars or snacks or anything like that. I'm finding it really easy and have never been in the zone this long before. Sometimes I'm a bit more hungry at the end of the day so I have a baked potato with salmon or chicken and veg (I also have a cheeky dollop of benecol cream cheese with it) but that's OK as the shakes and ww meal bring me well under my daily allowance so I have a bit of wiggle room. All seems to be going OK, I've lost another kilo (2lb) this week and yesterday I pulled down my size 16 trousers without undoing the button and zip. I am so looking forward to buying a pair of size 14 jeans.

Where are you going on holiday? I'm going to Tenerife in 3 weeks.

Layni

Back