SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

Hi Toriswan,

Well done on your weight loss so far, that's really good. You've kept it up a good long while. Maybe you should allow yourself a takeaway a month so you don't crack up. I know it's hard when you plateau. My first stone went quite quickly but it's starting to require a bit more effort now. I'm trying to step up the exercise but it's rediculous how much exercise is difficult with arthritic knees. Last night I put batteries in the Wii balance board again and started on that. I'm going to try setting myself mini goals to motivate myself. My current BMI is 32.1 but at 30, I won't be obese anymore, just overweight. So that's my next goal. I think it's about 6lb away.

You've done brilliantly so far. Keep it up.

Layni

Hi I'm Bambalina, i started the plan yesterday and I'm looking to lose around 2 and a half stone by the time I turn 30 in Jan 2013 :D

ive just done my 1st week on plan. although i did have yesterday off and had a mcdonalds for lunch then a pizza at evening! however i feel if i dont have one day off then i will give up easier, although i wouldnt normally have 2 takeaways in 1 day!! starting weight was between 16.5-17 stone. scales seemed to vary. however i am now down to 16st :) still a long way to go but getting there

starynights said:
ive just done my 1st week on plan. although i did have yesterday off and had a mcdonalds for lunch then a pizza at evening! however i feel if i dont have one day off then i will give up easier, although i wouldnt normally have 2 takeaways in 1 day!! starting weight was between 16.5-17 stone. scales seemed to vary. however i am now down to 16st :) still a long way to go but getting there

Woooo Well done on your fabulous loss!!!

x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi anyone mind if I join you?

I've just started today, I've been on SW since January but my weight loss has been slow, I mamanged to loose 21lb by middle of August but put 7lb on whilst on holiday and it's really hard to shift (normally holiday weight gain falls off the week I get home) So I thought I'd do a few weeks on this plan, plus I'm getting a little tired of having to plan and weigh all my food intake along with a busy couple of weeks coming up so I won't eat properly during the day anyway..

First day done, just had my second shake... also had small snack of homemade cabbage soup, and I cooked an asian style baked ham and had that with homemade potato wedges and oriental mushrooms, not feeling particularly hungry now but I will add a snack as I haven't eaten many calories today....

Does anyone do the plan using Soya milk does it make a difference to the rate you loose wait..?

Hope everyone has had a good weekend and looking forward to getting to know everyone...

ultrabluedress said:
Hi anyone mind if I join you?

I've just started today, I've been on SW since January but my weight loss has been slow, I mamanged to loose 21lb by middle of August but put 7lb on whilst on holiday and it's really hard to shift (normally holiday weight gain falls off the week I get home) So I thought I'd do a few weeks on this plan, plus I'm getting a little tired of having to plan and weigh all my food intake along with a busy couple of weeks coming up so I won't eat properly during the day anyway..

First day done, just had my second shake... also had small snack of homemade cabbage soup, and I cooked an asian style baked ham and had that with homemade potato wedges and oriental mushrooms, not feeling particularly hungry now but I will add a snack as I haven't eaten many calories today....

Does anyone do the plan using Soya milk does it make a difference to the rate you loose wait..?

Hope everyone has had a good weekend and looking forward to getting to know everyone...

Hi ya I'm not to sure wouldn't think so, 100ml of soya milk is 22cals so for a shake that would be 55cals

Welcome this forum is great and so is Slim F

xx

Lilypondprince said:
Hi how does soya milk compare in calories to skimmed milk ?...

Hi ya I'm not to sure have t checked the cals in skimmed milk :)

I know soya is 55 (if it's light)

xx

Hi ya I'm not to sure have t checked the cals in skimmed milk :)

I know soya is 55 (if it's light)

xx

Thanks myfitnesspal shows asda smart price soya as 78 cal per 250ml, I think last time I used soya milk upto the same calorie value as skimmed then made up the difference in water, but I thought I read somewhere you were supoosed to add an extra 50ml of soya to make up the calcium difference. I guess I'll see how my losses are then worry then, I'm way under my calorie intake today, I still have another shake to have plus two snacks and calories left over from dinner but I'm just not hungry again today....

Hello lovely people,

Its my first day today i've just come back from an amazing holiday down south with my bf who while we where there in the moonlight on a beach kindly asked me to become his wife! So im engaged! N im stressing already of how fat i am an how one day ill wanna pick my dress! So day one done and im feeling hopeful. I did sw but its just been so slow.
I'm aware that a lot of ppl say slim fast is bad as u pile it all back on as soon as u eat normal but if i only have to stop having breakie and lunch im doing it ha!

What are all ur success stories? x x x

Aww congrats shelly star xx

half way through day four, stuck to plan calories are under 1200 and feeling happy on the shakes but I had a sneaky WI and I've not lost any weight at all yet.... I thought I might have at least lost 1/2lb by now, I'm not expecting huge losses but I hoped to loose something... esp as I've been told I need surgery in a few weeks and I won't be able to exercise other than walking for a minimum of 12 weeks so I need a diet that works without tons of exercise....

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say hi really, have tried lots of diets in the past and am now going to give slimfast a go! I think one of the problems I have had with other diets is a hectic work life. My job (midwife) can be really busy and I often do a 10 hour shift on no more than a cup of water and a can of coke, as there is no time for a break lol, then I'm so hungry when I finish I end up pigging out or buying a subway at the train station :(

I'm hoping slimfast will work here where others have failed as I can drink a shake while catching up on notes etc. And also have a meal with the family when I'm at home.

Am aiming to lose about 50lbs so fingers crossed. Got my 30th in january and would be good to have some nice photos :)

Serenity83 said:
Hi guys,

Just wanted to say hi really, have tried lots of diets in the past and am now going to give slimfast a go! I think one of the problems I have had with other diets is a hectic work life. My job (midwife) can be really busy and I often do a 10 hour shift on no more than a cup of water and a can of coke, as there is no time for a break lol, then I'm so hungry when I finish I end up pigging out or buying a subway at the train station :(

I'm hoping slimfast will work here where others have failed as I can drink a shake while catching up on notes etc. And also have a meal with the family when I'm at home.

Am aiming to lose about 50lbs so fingers crossed. Got my 30th in january and would be good to have some nice photos :)

BIG WELCOME!!!!

It's my 30th in Jan TOO, that's my motivator!! Quite a few of us have 30ths coming up in next 6 months!!

xx

Hi all - just starts SF on Saturday so one day in - been trying to lose weight but not had any motivation/staying power for long time.

really feeling motivated now and looking forward to that weight loss starting to happen.

Good luck all

VixenBuffy said:
Hi all - just starts SF on Saturday so one day in - been trying to lose weight but not had any motivation/staying power for long time.

really feeling motivated now and looking forward to that weight loss starting to happen.

Good luck all

Hi Ya Vixen! It's a really good diet!!

Big Welvome & Goodluck. xx

Thank you wasn't hungry yesterday at all will see what today brings :-D I just know I will end up having a sneaky peek at the scales tho lol xx

Back