Slimming at home....food diary to help keep me on track (with photos)

Thursday

B - 1 x alpen light

L - cheese and broccoli pasta n sauce, s/w chips

S - 3xpinball sweets - (3 syns) lemonade lolly (3 syns)

D - Pork loin, ratatouille and rice

S - chocolate biscuit (3ish syns), alpen light bar and grapes.

Total syns - 9

Exercise - none :(

Glad I found out that my favourite lollies are only 3 syns mmmmmm

Made some more jelly sweets and rice pudding tonight and got my lunch prepared for tomorrow as I am meeting some friends and going out for a picnic.

Meeting all the family on Sunday and are going out for the day, they have decided to have a BBQ so going to have to organise myself for that and take lots of slimming world food. Probably take some chicken breasts, potato salad and a salad, maybe some s/w burgers but probably just be happy with the chicken! Could take some rice and pasta salad to just to make sure I have plenty to have to stop the temptation on some of the other things that will be going around but that all sounds so good I won't want anything else!!

Need to try and do some exercise tomorrow, need to do my Zumba really but then saying that I will be doing a lot of walking on the picnic tomorrow!

Last edited:
Friday

B - mushrooms, beans, tomato and potatoes, black coffee.

L - warburtons flat bread (h/e b) with chicken, lettuce, red onion and extra light mayo (3 syns), s/w rice pudding, s/w sweets (0.5 syns) and French fries chrisps (4syns)

D - jacket potato and beans with salad ( in a rush tonight as been out all day on a picnic with friends and only just got home at 5:15 and got to be out for work at 6:45!!

S - grapes

Total syns - 7.5

Exercise - 20mins zumba + lots of walking.

Haven't really drank enough today and defo not eaten enough fruit and veg really but I have still eaten well and stuck to plan, considering I've been out on a picnic and in a rush now to get out to work I'm happy really!! Got in quite a bit of exercise too which is good!!

Not got too much on tomorrow so need to try an tidy the house a bit and organise some meals! Oh and I'm going to have to plan and prepare of the BBQ on Sunday, should be another good day out including lots of walking so that should be good!

It's funny, I know I have not even been doing this for 2 weeks but I can defo feel and see a difference, I have quite a round face and as soon as I put weight on that's where it goes but luckily it comes off there first too, I tummy also feels smaller and a lot less bloated!!

Last edited:
Hi Tracey,
I'm looking to restart (again!!!) at the start of September, I've been fooling myself that I'm trying to be good for months and ended up putting on more than I'm loosing!

Your food diary is great especially the photos, I will be watching for lots of good ideas.
I especially like the sound of your sausage and bean bake, certainly going to try that as it looks like a good budget meal too.

We'll done on your loss too :)

Thank you Sarah, it's real nice to have some support on here, thanks for leaving a comment xx

The sausage and bean bake is lovely, I usually make a big pot full and then keep the leftovers in the fridge to snack on, it's very handy to have in there as it is so filling!!

I am sure you will do great when you start, wishing you the best of luck xx will you be keeping a food diary?

Saturday

Oh wow, I just did a 30 min just dance workout and woah that was more intense! I'm so unfit!!! The problem is I end up with a really painful neck when I do any sort if upper body workout ouch!!! Anyway I'll keep at it then maybe the muscles will strengthen up and be less painful!!

So having a bit of a tidying and cooking day today, need to pop shopping in a bit - get lots of fruit and veg and then come back and prepare some meals ready for next week and get the food ready for the BBQ tomorrow! Think I may make some soup and for dinner tonight maybe hunters chicken or KFC style dinner not sure yet!

B - grapefruit and grapes

L - low fat super noodles (think these are free)

D - hunters chicken (s/w BBQ sauce, cheese (h/e a), bacon) s/w chips, sweetcorn, garlic mushrooms, homemade coleslaw (3ish syns)

image-4210024353.jpg

S - pinball sweet (1 syn)

Total syns - 4

Exercise - 30 mins just dance exercise routine

Attachments

• image-3515050686.jpg
    image-3515050686.jpg
    597.7 KB · Views: 56
  • image-3087858477.jpg
    image-3087858477.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Hey Tracey, your food looks so nice in your pictures. I also enjoy my wine at the weekends, and I've noticed during the week you have some low syn days. I've started counting my syn allowance over the week, so if I have wine, etc on the weekends, I then count the syns and deduct that from my weekly allowance. I know some people disagree with that but it seems to be working for me so far, and stops me from thinking 'oh sod it' and keeps me in control. Just wondered if that would help you too? x

Thanks for leaving a comment xx

Yeah it would really, I tend not to use my syns unless I really want something then that way I don't feel I have to worry quite so much when I do have a few extras!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunday

Well I've had a busy day today out on the family BBQ picnic! It was a lovely day out and got in lots of body magic with walking ad playing bat and ball with the kids!! (You wouldn't normally find me running about in front of everyone, I'm normally too lazy!).

Kept on plan also, took my own healthy food and resisted all the cakes and biscuits going round!!

B - banana

S - Apple

L - 2xsausgaes (1syn) brown roll (h/e b), s/w BBQ sauce, chicken skewers, salad, potato salad (1syn), coleslaw (1.5syns), tiny piece of flapjack (2.5syns)

D - s/w chips, cheese (h/e a), baked beans and ham, pickle (2syns)

image-3630084912.jpg

Total syns - 8

Exercise - lots of walking and bat and ball with the kids :)

Last edited:
Monday

B - s/w fry up image-2418867765.jpg

L - carrot and coriander soup, 3x wholemeal crackerbread (1/2 h/e b) grapes and yoghurt (0.5 syn) image-1618179155.jpg

S - mugshot and grapes

D - pasta and cheese (h/e a)

S - sweets (4syns)

Total syns - 4.5

Exercise - none :(

Well I have felt really crappy today, was going to have a really good day cooking up and preparing meals but in the end I did nothing and was really lazy :(

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day although I feel that I'll have only a small loss if any dunno why though I have been really good all week but I suppose I haven't has much super free foods.

Well all I can do now is try an have a better week next week and try to eat more fruit and veg with my meals. Hopefully have a better day tomorrow although I'm feeling really sickie tonight, I just hope it doesn't turn into anything more tomorrow!

Last edited:
Subbing here! Your food looks great. How do you get your SW chips looking so good? Mine never look like that!

Here's to seeing less of me tomorrow.

Subbing here! Your food looks great. How do you get your SW chips looking so good? Mine never look like that!

:) thanks for subbing xx

I don't boil my chips first, I just cut them up and put them in an oven dish, spray with fry light and cover in smoked paprika, garlic salt and sometimes nandos chip salt, they taste lush!

My weightloss diary
http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=342902

They sound it. Gorgeous!

Tuesday

Well I weighed in today 2.5 of whoop whoop! A bit gutted that I didn't get the 3lb mini target as that would have got me my half stone but hay ho still pleased with that! Need to have more super free foods with my meals this week though I think!

Made a sausage and bean bake for dinner tonight and to snack in throughout the week and made some more jelly sweets for the fridge, made loads of salad up ready too! Also made some enchiladas ready for tomorrow's dinner mmm can't wait for them!! Oh and some more rice pudding!

B - none ( went shopping and got home and started cooking and realised I had totally missed breakfast)

L - chicken noodle stir-fry, with mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli and carrots. (That surprisingly really yummy)! image-3644953828.jpg

D - sausage and bean bake (h/e a & 2syns) asparagus and broccoli.

image-127351622.jpg

My weightloss diary http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=342902

Last edited:
Another good loss!!
How do you make the sweets?

The sweets are so good when you want something sweet to pick at. It's just 2 sachets of sugar-free jelly and 2 sachets of gelatine out in a jug and add 1/2 pint oh boiling water and whisk well, put half mixture in a glass rectangle dish (or any dish you have) and put in fridge to set mix the other half with vanilla ff yoghurt and top the set jelly and leave that to set then just cut into squares or whatever shape you want. They are yummy! 3 syns for the whole lot!!

image-457834283.jpg

My weightloss diary http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=342902

Hey just me asking about the recipe for the sweets , for them specific instructions you gave is it 3 syns if done exactly like that :) x

Back