Slimming for a baby diary

Clareyh

Hi Everyone
I am starting weight watchers again on my own this time as do not have the time or the money for meetings (bloody recession huh!) My goal is 154lb by the end of April thats 30lb to lose. That will give me a BMI of 29. My BMI needs to be under 30 for IVF in May. Even with this massive motivation factor I have put a stone back on from last summer when I lost 2 stone. I'm still running though and need to get back on track with that too but mainly my diet! I work full time in a hectic job and have all the excuses under the sun!! Support from other people trying to lose weight and particularly anyone who is or has been through a similar experience would be gratefully welcomed! So here we go day one tomorrow!

Good luck my dear. I'm sure you will be able to get to where you need to be! If you need anything just give us a shout. Take care. xxx

Well today has been a good start.... But I'm off work getting over flu so lots of time to think about what I'm eating. I have 23 points when I working but I don't think lying on the sofa demands so much!! A friend rang me and asked me if I wanted her to come round and cook since I was ill but I declined as she doesn't really do the low fat stuff or quite understand what I'm doing.

Multigrain Bagel, LF marge, and half tin of WW beans, 2 mugs of green tea (6)

100g of liver (weird I know but had it left over), 3 brazil nuts and 2 small pears, SF appleade (4)

Turkey stir fry in fry light with 1 tbsp of kidney beans, half pouch of butternut squash rice, sweet chilli sauce, 2 glasses of water (5.5)

half pack Mango fingers (1)

WW strawberry cheesecake (3)

Thats 19.5 so far and need to save some for tomorrow cause we are off out to a 30th birthday party, for a member of my other half's family. It's gangster and mole themed with a buffet. I would like to dress up but my other half said he would when hell freezes over. I might anyway!

Buffets are my own personal hell because all the good intentions in the world go when there is food there in front of me. Will have to get a seat away from the buffet.

Had a phone call from the fertility clinic today, we have an appointment to go and talk about the treatment it's all quite exciting. It's hard to keep my feet on the ground. Anyone got any buffet tips?

Hope you have an awesome time at the party. My buffet advice would be to go for a smaller plate if you can. Or if you don't feel happy doing that then take a regular plate but only fill it half full and no mounding it up (i'm a sucker for just having 1 plate but it's about as high as mount everest). That way even if you do get dragged up for going up for more the damage won't be quite so bad. But make sure you enjoy yourself though! That is crucial! Hope your appointment goes well. :) xxx

Well the buffet was not as much of a drama as thought, paper plates always good as can't pile them that high as they collapse so only had one plate of savoury stuff and half a plate of puddings, not too bad for me! but completely uncalculatable on the points score. Party wasn't much cop but hey we went and did the lift duty thing as we don't drink.

I really got here to write about the lunch I just made which was yum. I'm off out to a quiz tonight and I'm quiz master so have to be there early to set up so I'm taking some food packed up so just made my main meal just now.

60g dried wholewheat pasta
9 scallops
garlic, spring onion, diced green pepper
3 artichoke hearts
wholewheat breadcrumbs (about quarter of slice)
half tbsp of olive oil
2 tsp parmesan
lemon zest, parsley
all for 6 and a 1/2 points and I'm really full
You could use fry light i reckon instead of the olive oil to take 1 and half points off maybe too!

scallops are definitely the way forward for half a point

Off out tomorrow for a valentines day walk in the country and (healthy) so got some planning to do.

Hope everyone else on here has a lovely weekend

Whoo Hoo target met for this week

Whoo hoo have met my target of losing 3lb this week so I'm thinking same again next week is do able I'm quite pleased with that because I haven't been religious about it! still back at work so I't s harder to plan. But this week has been positive and found some new foods to eat.

Weird feeling in my stomach from doing ministry of sound work out, too funny them trying to make the moves all sexy adds humour to exercise!
:):):):)

2lbs off this week

2lb off this week which I know is good but I'm being impatient. Need to step up the exercise I think and stick to my points more rigidly.
Went out for a carvery on Saturday with great intentions which did not stay that way!
Made a lovely Aubergine and chicken curry the other night though which was well within points.
got really busy week next week so need to manage that well.

Well done on your weight loss, I'm from Portsmouth too and i'm dieting while trying for our first baby :D
I don't think anyone can resist the joys of a carvery, i no i can't! Good luck for your next week!

It's good to see people on here part of the Southsea massive ;o)
It was the Toby in Hilsea too which I have decided is the finest of the caveries!

How long have you been trying for? can u PM on here cause I suppose that a bit of a personal question really:family2:

It's good to see people on here part of the Southsea massive ;o)
It was the Toby in Hilsea too which I have decided is the finest of the caveries!

How long have you been trying for? can u PM on here cause I suppose that a bit of a personal question really:family2:

I've heard great things about toby carvery but i've never been :eek: Not sure how to pm, but been trying for 9 months but having a few issues of late, so going for blood tests monday :cry:

Clarey any chance of your curry recipe? sounds gorgeous! :D x

Hmmm maybe "recipe" is stretching it a bit cause I get a bit experimental with spices however the basis is onions, garlic, ginger, chillies, tomato puree, 2 chicken breasts, aubergine . a bit of tikka paste about a tsp does it really and this sounds mad but a mini pot of philedephia extra light but it makes it creamy for not too many points. 10g of crushed sunflower seeds and fresh corriander to garnish. I think there was garam masala, paprika and cinammon in there too somewhere oh and Fry light olive oil to start with in the pan.

Rice with a pinch of tumeric (or saffron if you are rich!) a few cardomons and a bay leaf and twice as much chicken stock as rice and don't take the lid off for 15 mins.

Curry split between two (3 and a half each) with 60g of dried rice (3 each) each I make the whole meal 6 and a half points which while not ultra low or anything is pretty good value to me when it tastes good enough to stem my cravings for a tikka masala. and those ww naan breads are ok too if you are pushing the boat out.... sorry non explanatory "recipe" but I do have a tendency to throw things in and see what happens!

Oh and good luck with the blood tests Nicki! Is that the hormone ones at day 2-4? Hope they come out ok. Just a tip if you can avoid it don't go to St Mary's and book in at your surgery cause the waits are horrendous at st mary's like 3-4 hours and if you are already anxious (like I was) that does not help!

Oh and good luck with the blood tests Nicki! Is that the hormone ones at day 2-4? Hope they come out ok. Just a tip if you can avoid it don't go to St Mary's and book in at your surgery cause the waits are horrendous at st mary's like 3-4 hours and if you are already anxious (like I was) that does not help!

Its day 21 (22 actually) to see if i've ovulated, check for pcos and thyroid function but i haven't ovulated because i've got a cbfm and its been high all month. I went this morning at about 9.30 and was out by 10. Thought i'd be there for hours. Last time i went i was there for about 3 hours. Got an appointment thursday for the results,
Hows the diet going?

cheers for the recipe Clarey, sounds like one of my bf's recipes - his food always turns out lush though :)

never thought about using stock for the rice - i do with paella but have never for a curry! will try it next time :D x

Mmm that curry sounds fab will defo be giving that a go. Hope all is going well with you my dear. xxx

Back