Slimming World Girl

Just been to the early bird session at the swimming pool with mum and our friends who joined slimming world last week :) feeling very good about myself and wasn't too ashamed to be seen in a swimming pool :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

When we went it was lots of very old people and similarly sized people to us and it's adults only so I didn't feel too self conscious and it made me feel so positive for the rest of the day knowing I was doing something :) I think I might go today (Friday morning) but nobody else can come with me :/ I need to get into the habit of exercising by myself though because when I go back to uni my gym buddy of last year isn't rejoining the gym so I'll need to be motivated enough to go by myself :)

Wow just read this whole thread and you are so inspiring. I am thirty, had a lovely figure until I was 21 when I went to a size 16 then when I was 25 went to a 14 for four years and a year and a half ago I put a stone and a half on and can not shift it. I am due to get married next Christmas or spring 2016 and can't bare the thought of being a big bride!!!! My partner he loves me and tells me my curves are beautiful but I want to be a nice size 12, I know I will never be a 10. I try dieting and then I always forget and snack on sugary things!!!!! I have recently started cycling a couple of times a week but even that doesn't make much difference. Maybe it will eventually, I should swim like you, maybe I should get out of bed and go now but cycling is free and I must say I do enjoy it. More than anything this may coming so approx 8 months I am brides maid to my best friend in Las Vegas, which is a week full of pool party then a nude coloured dress, my goodness I have to lose weight , out of 40 people going I am the ONLY fat one !!!!!!! Makes me feel sick saying it. Anyway just prepared my breakfast, 100grammes of low fat greek yogurt with sweetener granules and vanilla essence and lots of blueberries. Going for lunch with old Uni friends in brighton so I am sure I can find something slimming there, full of hippy healthy shops!!!!! Going to make kale crisps tonight to snack on for me and bf !!!!! I am sure he will prefer that to Cadbury fruit and nut bar !!!!! Lol xx

Wow just read this whole thread and you are so inspiring. I am thirty, had a lovely figure until I was 21 when I went to a size 16 then when I was 25 went to a 14 for four years and a year and a half ago I put a stone and a half on and can not shift it. I am due to get married next Christmas or spring 2016 and can't bare the thought of being a big bride!!!! My partner he loves me and tells me my curves are beautiful but I want to be a nice size 12, I know I will never be a 10. I try dieting and then I always forget and snack on sugary things!!!!! I have recently started cycling a couple of times a week but even that doesn't make much difference. Maybe it will eventually, I should swim like you, maybe I should get out of bed and go now but cycling is free and I must say I do enjoy it. More than anything this may coming so approx 8 months I am brides maid to my best friend in Las Vegas, which is a week full of pool party then a nude coloured dress, my goodness I have to lose weight , out of 40 people going I am the ONLY fat one !!!!!!! Makes me feel sick saying it. Anyway just prepared my breakfast, 100grammes of low fat greek yogurt with sweetener granules and vanilla essence and lots of blueberries. Going for lunch with old Uni friends in brighton so I am sure I can find something slimming there, full of hippy healthy shops!!!!! Going to make kale crisps tonight to snack on for me and bf !!!!! I am sure he will prefer that to Cadbury fruit and nut bar !!!!! Lol xx

Thank you :) you could lose loads of weight in 8 months! :) I love to cycle too and run :) swimming is expensive unfortunately bit whilst I'm at home mum is willing to pay for it :) Have you ever tried and aquasize class or aquazumba? Then it seems more worth it because you actually feel like you've done something and it's so much fun! Are you keeping a diary? I'm finding that this is so much help :) my thoughts are I don't want to look horrible on my graduation photos and wish id done something about it and every time I go for a cheaty sort of snack I think about that... That could help keep you on plan for your wedding?

I hate my grad photo and have it hidden away as it's gross so go girl and be proud of your picture as grad day is so special.... What you studying? I am keeping a diary, it's on here actually , just started a thread. I just find the end of the day so hard, met with friends today and they had booked a Thai restaurant and I was careful with choices but did have squid in tempura batter.... Then went to friends after and they put out Doritos ......lost will power and had a few and just got home and avoided biscuit tin but have had three fruit pastels......not idea syn value ?????? All I know is it is terrible.... I am off to two parties this bank holiday weekend, did I read that you said 140ml of vodka is 16 syns ? How many shots is that roughly xx

I've just read this entire thread from start to finish and I wanted to thank you for it! You're an inspiration :) :)

I hate my grad photo and have it hidden away as it's gross so go girl and be proud of your picture as grad day is so special.... What you studying? I am keeping a diary, it's on here actually , just started a thread. I just find the end of the day so hard, met with friends today and they had booked a Thai restaurant and I was careful with choices but did have squid in tempura batter.... Then went to friends after and they put out Doritos ......lost will power and had a few and just got home and avoided biscuit tin but have had three fruit pastels......not idea syn value ?????? All I know is it is terrible.... I am off to two parties this bank holiday weekend, did I read that you said 140ml of vodka is 16 syns ? How many shots is that roughly xx

Fruit pastels are 0.5 each :p They're my favourite sort of sweet :) It depends on what shot measure they're using some places I know do 35ml and some do 25ml...I think 25 is more common so maybe 6(rounded up) of 25ml or 4 of 35ml...

I'm doing Biology degree :) Just about to start my second year so I have the time to sort it out...My Mum and Dad have my year 13 picture out and I really hate how I look in it. I've seen tips of putting a photo that you don't like on the fridge or in the way of the biscuit tin to remind you what you're going for everytime you're losing will power to give you a little motivation which could work :) Can you consider this your flexisyn day?

Baking parent on grill pan, scatter lots of curly kale, spray with fry lite and season with salt and pepper and I used garlic and onion powder, bake for 15-20 mins on 180

Delicious and I hate boiled or steamed kale

I shall have a go at them :) mum will probably like them she loves cabbage :) let you know how they go down when we make them

Hey did u try out the kale crisps in the end? :) x

I did! They were left in too long so they were quite burnt :( but some of them were quite nice :) the less burnt ones... They weren't very filling though so I'm not sure if I'll do them again

Very filly, cause they are fibre but I love them and totally free!!!!! Just make turkey burgers thinking they were free but 7% fat mince isn't free soooooo annoying !!!!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1409085992.416537.jpg

Lost 0.5 today :( very annoying because I was trying really hard :/ this week I'm going to record what I'm eating and hoping that will show what's going wrong :) this is my dinner tonight! Quiche with frozen veg tikka chicken mushrooms and spring onions :) it's tasty had pasta and veg on the side as well :)

Very filly, cause they are fibre but I love them and totally free!!!!! Just make turkey burgers thinking they were free but 7% fat mince isn't free soooooo annoying !!!!

I didn't think they were filling at all because they were so small and not bulky... I like bulky food to fill me up :) shame about the turkey burgers :( I've found sainsburys is the best place for low fat meat is the only place I can find 5% fat pork

Back