Slimming World Girl

Thanks :) I do love the shiny stickers :p mum now has the same amount as me because I've got a SotW sticker and the half stone :) and now she has her stone too so hopefully next week I shall be beating her again :) I'm quite surprised at how competitive I'm getting over this

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Oyster festival how goods that...stick to plan have fun and get your stone award :) GOOD LUCK x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've decided to start exercising alongside the eating better :) I went for a 3.7mile bike ride yesterday and so I'm gonna try and do some more this week to really get my metabolism going :) I've got 7 weeks more til I get back to uni so I'd like to lose as much as I can (I will join a group up there) so I don't slip back into how I was eating last year I want to have enough off that it's not worth going back so lots more exercise and lots more saying no :)

My friend from uni decided to visit this weekend so he's arriving tomorrow lunchtime ish which is exciting :) we're going to the oyster festival and then he wants to see what the night life is like here so I've organised a group outing to whetherspoons and I haven't had any syns for the last two days (sorta bad I know but I haven't been craving anything naughty) so I think I'm going to go out and drink vodka and diet cokes obviously not go too wild and ruin it all but it will be nice to enjoy a few drinks with my friends :) I shall just exhibit some self control and not be swayed from my plans :)

I didn't know you could have flexisyn days... I'll use mine tomorrow then! I hardly ever get up to 15 syns really I don't tend to reach 10 :) I'll stick to plan during the day and just flex on alcohol :) thanks!!

Well... my friend told me you could, but I'm not sure what other's think about flexi syns once a fortnight, and whether it has hindered their losses? xx

I can't imagine it not hindering a loss but oh well :) I went out and had fun and I'll just be extra good until Tuesday WI :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Really good thank you :) I ate before I went so I didn't have anything naughty/fast food like :) It was lovely weather and so nice to see my uni friend again :)

Well done Ali, you deserve a good loss this week, shows you can enjoy yourself and still be on plan but you can also have the freedom to relax a little knowing you can get back on track. Glad you enjoyed the oyster festival, i think I will google what it actually is cos it sounds great.

Just googled....ahhh whitstable...that is a place I would love to visit, they say the best oysters come from there, plus oysters are free with a dash of lemon juice :)

I will have to go next year

I didn't actually eat any oysters... I'm not a fan of seafood in general but there's lots of other things to do and when you get bored you can just sit on the beach and (hopefully) enjoy the nice weather :) there's a parade as well but we missed it :)

Well done for staying on plan, I'm sure you will have a good loss tomorrow x

You have a lot of will power! I think if I was on a beach in this weather, I'd need my Ruffles/Lays crisps, some kind of naughty alcoholic beverage, an ice cream at some point, and as it's the seaside, full on fish, chips, beans, curry sauce and mushy peas :D

... she dreams, haha x

I'm working on the willpower. Sometimes I don't and give in but i'm trying more and more not to :) I keep thinking I don't want to be like this for the rest of my life. The guy that came to visit I quite like but I can't imagine anyone ever liking me when I look like this so every time I'm thinking of slipping off I think about being alone forever and not wanting that :p also my ex cheated on me and eventually I'd like to be confident enough in myself to able to stand and look him in the eye and for him to realise he missed out. That's quite a good bit of inspiration but hopefully not everybody will have that drive.

That is great inspiration but remember that ultimately you are making these healthier changes for you, and not some guy. Guys come and go. I used to be naturally a size 8 until a few years ago (I blame a bad relationship on my weight gain, but ultimately I was the one choosing to drink and comfort eat!) and being a skinny minny didn't help me in the relationships department anymore than my current size does! I think we put alot of pressure on ourselves that if we're not thin then they we won't get a relationship. Everyone has their own preferences and I've met guys who have looked at my old photos and told me they wouldn't find me attractive at that weight because they prefer curves.. each to their own! Though they could have been saying that just to boost my confidence or get what they wanted ... :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure if that guy travelled to see you he also has an interest in you too :) x

It's less about being thin to prove a point but gaining the confidence to think that I'm worth it :) I don't see myself as beautiful right now and I think until I have the confidence to think I am even a bit good looking I won't be able to accept anyones love. I've had two guys cheat on me now (The first one I was 10st so I don't blame body image) and in my brain its obviously me thats not good enough for them and I just want to think that I am worth it really :)

Lost two pounds :D going to start cycling more and more building up to when I go back to oxford (11th of September) and join the gym again :) also there's a podcast by the nhs called couch potato to 5km which is a 9 week program I might start... Has anyone tried this before? Or know of anyone whose managed it?

Hi! You are doing really well! Well done on your 2lbs :)
I know a few people who have done c25k and theyve done really well on it

Well done Ali...:wow: knew you'd have a good loss huni :)

Hi! You are doing really well! Well done on your 2lbs :)
I know a few people who have done c25k and theyve done really well on it

Thanks :) I might give it a go :D It would be brilliant to be fit enough to run a 5k :)

Well done Ali...:wow: knew you'd have a good loss huni :)

Thank you :D I don't think i'd be doing this well if it wasn't for being able to talk to you lot :)

I think I might take a look at this c25K, I need to up my fitness levels.

First I need to buy an MP3 player lol...:)

Back