Slimming World newbie - losing for the wedding day

So as I did better than I thought this week I have changed my end of January target slightly.

I am going to aim to be 12st 1.5lbs which will put me at my 1 and a half stone mark and will get my certificate. 3 weeks to lose 4.5lbs, which should definitely be achievable! Need to average 1.5lbs a week.

Have a clear week this week, apart from a meal out on Saturday evening with family. It is at a Greek restaurant though, so there is plenty of fish, rice, salad type dishes. Will have a few glasses of wine too, so saving a lot of my syns up this week.

I had one of the Iceland SW new meals last night after group, it was the veggie lasagne. As I don't get back from group until around 9pm I always need something quick. I have to say despite it looking really sloppy, it was really tasty. I added salad for extra speed, and cheese as it doesn't contain any. Used my Hex A allowance. I've heard the beef one is just as good, but as I don't eat meat I just stuck with the veggie one.

Popped in to say hello:) Been reading your diary and wowza, you're doing brilliant, well done X

Did my usual error of stepping on scales this morning and seeing no change since Monday. Got to try and ignore it and carry on, as when this has happened before I have still lost 1-2lbs by Monday. Hopefully will see some results then.

I do need to eat less carbs and more speed though, I know we can eat carbs and it is fine, but not sure I am filling up a third of my plate with speed at every lunch and dinner. Next week I am going to make a special effort to do more walking again, and eat more vegetables with each meal.

Did my usual error of stepping on scales this morning and seeing no change since Monday. Got to try and ignore it and carry on, as when this has happened before I have still lost 1-2lbs by Monday. Hopefully will see some results then.

I do need to eat less carbs and more speed though, I know we can eat carbs and it is fine, but not sure I am filling up a third of my plate with speed at every lunch and dinner. Next week I am going to make a special effort to do more walking again, and eat more vegetables with each meal.

How did you get on today? I'm definitely the same re speed food. Have been making a concerted effort the last few days to eat more vegetables!

How did you get on today? I'm definitely the same re speed food. Have been making a concerted effort the last few days to eat more vegetables!

My weigh in is 7.30pm. However, I am not very well today, and have the worst stomach cramps (star week). Will probably still go to group, if not I will wait until tomorrow as there is another one near my work I can go to at lunchtime. Not too confident of a big loss this week as scales haven't moved, even though I have had less than 10 syns all days apart from Saturday (had wine and prosecco oops!).

I'll let you know either tonight or tomorrow when I face the music haha!

My weigh in is 7.30pm. However, I am not very well today, and have the worst stomach cramps (star week). Will probably still go to group, if not I will wait until tomorrow as there is another one near my work I can go to at lunchtime. Not too confident of a big loss this week as scales haven't moved, even though I have had less than 10 syns all days apart from Saturday (had wine and prosecco oops!).

I'll let you know either tonight or tomorrow when I face the music haha!

Ah for some reason I thought you went to a morning weigh in! Oops! Well lots of luck for later/tomorrow and I hope the cramps clear soon. It's the worst pain ever :(

So just back from Weigh In, I lost 1lb.

Pretty annoyed it is so little this week but I did lose 4.5lbs last week, it is star week and if I'm honest with myself I had too much drink on Saturday despite being really good the other 6 days.

If I get 1.5lbs next week it is my Club 10 which I'm determined to get.

My group was so busy this week, which is nice to see even if it does take longer to get round everyone. Some amazing losses too which spurs me on to push on to my next certificate.

Pretty annoyed it is so little this week but I did lose 4.5lbs last week, it is star week and if I'm honest with myself I had too much drink on Saturday despite being really good the other 6 days.

My group was so busy this week, which is nice to see even if it does take longer to get round everyone. Some amazing losses too which spurs me on to push on to my next certificate.
Every pound off counts Charlie...well done:0clapper:

Fingers crossed you get your Club 10 next week:classic_smile:

A pound loss is fab when you lost 4.5 last week! I think you've done fantastically well! You're lost more than you gained over Christmas so that's something to be proud of. Particularly when it's star week! x

A pound loss is fab when you lost 4.5 last week! I think you've done fantastically well! You're lost more than you gained over Christmas so that's something to be proud of. Particularly when it's star week! x

Ahh thank you, that has motivated me this morning, and made me feel tons better. Sounds like you will be having a good week too with getting back into your routine. I have everything crossed for tomorrow for you. x

Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid weighing myself most mornings? I stepped on this morning and hadn't lost any weight since Monday weigh in, so was annoyed as I have had around 5-10 syns each day this week and thought I'd see a surge of weight loss after things being slow last week.

The thing is, I know that 1) weight fluctuates all the time and 2) They are not always the same as the group scales and 3) It is not a full week yet.

Just wish I could prevent myself weighing and becoming obsessive. I might try to refrain from doing it from next week's weigh in, hide my scales or try and reward myself with something if I go a week without it.

Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid weighing myself most mornings? I stepped on this morning and hadn't lost any weight since Monday weigh in, so was annoyed as I have had around 5-10 syns each day this week and thought I'd see a surge of weight loss after things being slow last week.

The thing is, I know that 1) weight fluctuates all the time and 2) They are not always the same as the group scales and 3) It is not a full week yet.

Just wish I could prevent myself weighing and becoming obsessive. I might try to refrain from doing it from next week's weigh in, hide my scales or try and reward myself with something if I go a week without it.

I wish I knew how! I weigh myself pretty much every morning. But when I'm in Dorset I don't have scales and I really don't miss it. In fact, I feel liberated! Can you hide them from yourself - out of sight out of mind?

I wish I knew how! I weigh myself pretty much every morning. But when I'm in Dorset I don't have scales and I really don't miss it. In fact, I feel liberated! Can you hide them from yourself - out of sight out of mind?

I definitely need to hide them for a week and see how I get on. I am going to do that starting from Monday's weigh in.

So I slipped up yesterday. I went to the football with friends and my fiancee and ended up getting quite drunk, drinking beer and then getting a mcdonalds on the way home.

Woke up feeling rubbish about it, but it is done now and nothing I can do about it so just going to have to face the consequences and the scales tomorrow. Praying it hasn't done too much damage, and I have still lost weight but you never know.

:-(

So I slipped up yesterday. I went to the football with friends and my fiancee and ended up getting quite drunk, drinking beer and then getting a mcdonalds on the way home.

Woke up feeling rubbish about it, but it is done now and nothing I can do about it so just going to have to face the consequences and the scales tomorrow. Praying it hasn't done too much damage, and I have still lost weight but you never know.

:-(

Try not to beat yourself up about it. What's done is done and hopefully you had lots of fun while doing it! Good luck for later x

Try not to beat yourself up about it. What's done is done and hopefully you had lots of fun while doing it! Good luck for later x

Think it will be one of those days where I don't even drink too much water before I get weighed haha. I was debating not going when I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday, but I am going to go whatever and face the music. Wish I could get my certificate but I will get there eventually.

On the plus side I saw a lot of people I haven't seen for ages on Friday evening, family etc, and they all commented on my weight loss and that I looked good. So one bad day won't undo all my hard work.

Will update on the damage later!

Back