Slimming World newbie - losing for the wedding day

Think it will be one of those days where I don't even drink too much water before I get weighed haha. I was debating not going when I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday, but I am going to go whatever and face the music. Wish I could get my certificate but I will get there eventually.

On the plus side I saw a lot of people I haven't seen for ages on Friday evening, family etc, and they all commented on my weight loss and that I looked good. So one bad day won't undo all my hard work.

Will update on the damage later!

My friend at work this morning said you could really tell I'd lost weight. So we're both definitely going in the right direction! And you're right, one bad day won't undo all your hard work! We're losing weight to live life, not living life to lose weight.

My friend at work this morning said you could really tell I'd lost weight. So we're both definitely going in the right direction! And you're right, one bad day won't undo all your hard work! We're losing weight to live life, not living life to lose weight.

Great advice thank you!

best of luck at weigh in. remember we cant be perfectly on plan all the time. hope u had a good night x x

Thanks Jenny. It is true, we all have our off days. It is how we respond to them that is important so I am going to hold my head high whatever the result tonight.

So I lost 1lb again. Taking my total to 18.5lbs and 0.5lb off my club 10. Annoying I missed it but the beer and Mcdonalds sabotaged it haha. Only have myself to blame....although I am not regretting it. I could feel a binge day coming on. I did it....and I still lost weight.

I can now close that door and move on to the next week ahead. I have 3 meals out this week but I have looked at menu at all 3 in advance and can have healthy options.

Think im getting a cold though...yuck!

So my other half has hidden the scales, as I promised I would go a week without weighing myself daily. I know it will be hard and I will feel nervous losing that control, but I know it is the right thing to do as it was dictating my mornings and my mood when I didn't see movement from day to day.

I reckon it will also make zero difference to my weight loss whether I know what I have lost from day to day.

Aim for this week is 1.5lbs, which will be 1lb off my January target and 1lb off my 1.5stone certificate, but considering I have had a really busy month and had a couple of slip ups I will be happy with that. February is also looking super busy and have a mini break away in Poland, but for me getting to my first interim target of 12 stone and getting into the 11 stone bracket (haven't been 11 stone something for nearly 10 years), will be the biggest achievement.

Oh, I also have my first wedding dress fitting this weekend, my dress I ordered has arrived in (previously only tied on the sample), so will be interesting to see if it is already too loose, as I ordered it in the size I was at the time - 18.5 pounds heavier!

Oh exciting dress fitting!

It will be very interesting to see what the fit is like. I find it takes me about 20 lb to lose my first dress size and then a bit less after that (a stone or so)
Yeah I know what you mean, experts say losing 10lbs is a dress size but that is definitely not the case. Before I started I was a size 16, and I am now fitting into size 14 in most clothes. I do have a size 14 jeans though that didn't do up before xmas, so will try those on soon I reckon to see if there has been any change. I need to do my measurements more as well.

My wedding dress was ordered in a size 18!! (Wedding dress sizes are not the same as high street apparently). So hoping the lady makes a comment that it is a bit too big and will need taking in. Then by June when I have my first alterations hopefully it will have to be taken in by 2 or 3 dress sizes!

So the week of no weighing is going well. Feel quite happy about it, and excited for Monday's weigh in to see how I am getting on.

I am eating out the next 3 nights though, so have to be careful not to over-syn. Feel quite positive I can be good food wise, I just have to resist drinking too much wine as I know it makes me make bad decisions, and once I have over 2 glasses I just want more. So no drinking tonight, (have work tomorrow anyway and going to cinema after dinner), and tomorrow I will stick to vodka and diet cokes. Saturday I am going to share 1 bottle of wine with my mum as it is her birthday and I am taking her out to her favourite restaurant.

I have had around 5-10 syns a day in prep for Saturday.

So I had my wedding dress fitting yesterday and my dress was 2 sizes too big!! The lady who was looking after me was in shock.

So obviously an amazing feeling and brought home how much i've lost. However the bad news is they told me I can only lose 1 more stone before my wedding day as otherwise they won't be able to take it in any more. More than 3 dress sizes is too extreme and will change the shape of the dress.

So my target is to lose 1 stone by june (when my alterations will begin) and then maintain.

Well Done Charlie! I agree with Jules, can they not send it back for a smaller size, as they were the ones who said to order bigger?

Thanks to both of you!

They ordered it in the size I was at the time, not any bigger. They just said not to order it in a lower size as not to put pressure on myself. Bit annoying but suppose they see brides asking for smaller sizes and then not losing weight and it being a nightmare to take out.

To be honest after speaking to my bridesmaids and my mum they said that losing another stone before the wedding will be enough. They think that any more and I won't look as good in the dress, and I am only 1 more stone off being where I need to be... nice to hear and I know they are honest. After my wedding I can then choose to tone up and lose the extra stone to get to my target. We will see how I feel at the time. So my new target for June is 11 stone.

Lost only 0.5lbs tonight but got my club 10 so that made me happy. Won't be at group next week due to an event so need to stay focused and on track the next 2 weeks.

Sounds like a plan Charlie!

Just caught up! Congrats on your losses last week and last night! And on that Club 10 award! Sounds like you made some fab choices with all your meals out :)

So exciting about your wedding dress! :)

Thank you! Pretty happy about Club 10, bring on the 1 and a half stone certificate next. 2lbs to go until that, and 3.5lbs until my interim target. Would love 1 or both of those when I next weigh in in 2 weeks.

Thank you! Pretty happy about Club 10, bring on the 1 and a half stone certificate next. 2lbs to go until that, and 3.5lbs until my interim target. Would love 1 or both of those when I next weigh in in 2 weeks.

Club 10 always feels like a proper milestone I think :) You'll definitely get both those in the next 2 weeks I reckon! I'm not going to make my interim target of 13stone 10 by my husband's birthday but I'll only be a few pounds away hopefully so not too unhappy about it.

Club 10 always feels like a proper milestone I think :) You'll definitely get both those in the next 2 weeks I reckon! I'm not going to make my interim target of 13stone 10 by my husband's birthday but I'll only be a few pounds away hopefully so not too unhappy about it.

Even if you don't get there for that exact date you will do eventually, and you have done so well already, imagine if you hadn't started?

Back