• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Hi

I have started slimming world on my own 2 weeks ago (having done it previously2 years) and I had a slight weight loss of 2 pounds over those 2 weeks. I am not expecting huge numbers every week as I have a healthy bmi (just on the high side) and happy with 1 pound weight loss a week. However I seemed to have not on plateaued this week but I have gained a pound back. The only changes I made this week was to slightly up my exercise to twice a week and added a few more syns. The last 2 weeks I have been having approximately 5 to 8 syns a day and I am now having approximately 11 syns a day. Could this be the culprit of my weight gain? I appreciate any advice

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Pootle

Silver Member
S: 18st4lb C: 17st13lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 38.2 Loss: 0st5lb(1.95%)
A friend of mine tried a week of SP when she hit a plateau. Kicked her into action again and she began losing every week again.

S: 23st8lb C: 19st12lb G: 14st0lb Loss: 3st10lb(15.76%)
Increasing your exercise can cause your body to retain water for healing the muscles

donna88

Gold Member
S: 11st3.0lb C: 10st8.0lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 26.2 Loss: 0st9lb(5.73%)
I'd say it's the exercise more than the extra 3 syns a day.

Keep the exercise up and you will probably start to see more losses... if you are exercising more don't decrease your syns either as when I did that I couldn't lose weight. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water as this will help counter the water retention in your muscles.