Slimming World Quiche

Thanks for that, going to try my first SW quiche tommorow

I use 4 eggs, 500g tub of cottage cheese, bacon and mushroom.
Mix the eggs together, but just enough to mix them, don't beat them or anything. Add the cottage cheese to the egg. Fry light the mushrooms and bacon (cut the bacon into bits_ then add to the mixture and pour into a flan/quiche dish. Cook on gas mark 6 for 1/2 hour or until firm to the touch.

I'm lucky if I get to eat any though as my OH likes it so much lol

OMG I've just tried this for the first time and it really is lovely. Not like a diet food at all , and yes my hubby loves it too !!

hi im new to slimming world and think this sounds lovely im following the extra easy plan and was wanting to know if this has any syns if i use vlf cottage cheese or quark with mixed pepper ham and mushrooms

hi im new to slimming world and think this sounds lovely im following the extra easy plan and was wanting to know if this has any syns if i use vlf cottage cheese or quark with mixed pepper ham and mushrooms
Totally syn free

It would only be synned if you were doing the green day and had already used up your HEBs. Sorry have I just confused the issue!!!:confused:

The new silicone ones would be pretty good for this recipe no sticky bits stuck to the sides and easy to clean:D

Just making this with quark - weird question - I've added the quark to the egg mix and the quark is lumpy - do I have to mix until the quark is smooth and fully mixed into the eggs??? Or leave lumpy like cottage cheese is?? TIA x

Flopsie - the cottage cheese v quorn is a personal preference .... i'm not keen on the latter, so it's cheese for me. I make a batch of mini ones in silicone muffin cases on a Sunday and take them to work for the next few days & they're fine. They might last a bit longer but they seem to magically disappear from my fridge when my daughter & grandchildren visit !!!!

What a great idea

Made this for the 1st time last night, joes sausages syn free, bacon, mushrooms, all cooked in fry light, then mixed 3 eggs and 500g cottage cheese ( and i hate cottage cheese) added some mixed herbs, salt, pepper and a sprinkle of smoked paprika poured over the meat and mushrooms and bake in the oven, its was so scrummy and although i could taste cheese it wasnt the taste of cottage cheese, will defo be making more of this.

I had the exact same problem with my quiche - and so never tried the recipe again. Will try one of these that have just been posted - fingers crossed cos i LOVE quiche! specially cold!

When they say to mix the eggs - not beat them - do you mean to break the yolk but not mix into the white? and when adding the cottage cheese do you mix it well into the eggs?

I beat the eggs and it never did any harm - just a quick beat with a fork and then add the cottage cheese and beat some more.

Wow, lots of lovely ideas, I adore quiche so hopefully will taste good, will make one later for tea with my salad..

Got one in the oven right now! 4 eggs,150g cottage cheese, 42g HEA cheese (cathedral city light), and loads of bacon. Dont put onion or anything else in it. Going to sons later, they are all having pizza, me.................... sw quiche, and it doesnt bother me at all, in fact would rather have the quiche. Not something I would have said a few months back! How my taste has changed! And I may be a little tinker and have loads of fruit for afters. Hows that for a Sunday blow out lol

After reading this thread, I am definitely going to give a quiche a try. I will do it with quark though as I really can't stand cottage cheese!

I can't wait now

Mel xx

I do it with Quark too, I find it gives it a lovely firm cheesy taste :D I love my SW quiche :D

My mums just been telling me about a weight loss surgery friend how makes this due to the high protein that they need so decided to come on here to see if I could see the recipe will deffo try this out when I've got some cottage cheese thanks everyone :) xxx

Back