Slimming World with the Family??

Shell2412

I've just started SW this week, and I've kind of forced my OH into doing it with me to start off with mainly for the moral support and so it's easier only having to cook healthy and not be tempted by what he's having. He's okay with it for the most part, but says that he will NOT cut down on his drinking. We've got a 1 year old boy too, and he mainly eats what we're having e.g. cottage pie, spag bol... I know that he can't have any reduced fat dairy products, but I really feel like this is going to help all 3 of us... And the LO can grow up knowing that he doesn't have to eat chicken dippers and chips all the time =]

On the other hand my friend is also on the diet and her fella's been round and says that there's no way he's eating the same as her...

Does anyone else do this with the family?

My OH is happy to eat most of the meals (just sometimes pcks out a lot of the veg which is his choice). He'd prefer things fried but is happy to support me and my decision to do SW. BUT, he's not giving up his pints. He's a grown man and that's up to him. If I had kids then I'd expect to have more say over their food - but you're doing that anyway. I think it sounds fine the way you've got it at the moment.

My OH eats what I eat, but he needed to loose some weight anyway, so it wasn't an issue. I don't think I could cope if he ate different thins to me. I definitely wouldn't be cooking two meals!

Same for my OH really in that he knows he could do to shed a bit of weight... I have no issue with him still wanting to drink but it's hard for me as I hate not being able to have a drink when he is... And no, 2 35ml measures don't count as 'a drink' yet lol.

Me & OH always eat the same, he's happy to & doesn't complain. He makes his own lunch for work & takes muller rice, fruit bar, fruit & whatever so he doesn't follow SW, we just eat the same main meal & breakfast if we're both together.

Personally I think it's easy to incorporate & your OH can still have his drinks,:)

It varies in this house.

I prefer green days, Paul loves meat. I often cook the same green meal and add meat to it for Paul.

I really don't mind cooking two meals and often do though that is my choice and Paul would eat what I eat.

I agree about the booze though. I would hate it if Paul drank at home and I couldn't.

It varies in this house.

I prefer green days, Paul loves meat. I often cook the same green meal and add meat to it for Paul.

I really don't mind cooking two meals and often do though that is my choice and Paul would eat what I eat.

I agree about the booze though. I would hate it if Paul drank at home and I couldn't.

See, I wouldn't mind doing that, but I've not really go my head around Green days yet so am sticking with EE.
And tonight's one of those nights - OH has 8 cans in the fridge and I'm measuring out 35ml of Vodka - And even then I can only have 2! lol

See, I wouldn't mind doing that, but I've not really go my head around Green days yet so am sticking with EE.
And tonight's one of those nights - OH has 8 cans in the fridge and I'm measuring out 35ml of Vodka - And even then I can only have 2! lol

why don't you make your 2 vodkas into a lovely long drink with a sugar free mixer and loads of ice and sip them, make them last the night.

Stick with it, it does get easier I promise.

You could have one night where you can drink with OH if you take your syns on a weekly rather than a daily basis.

I find it easier to just cut out alcohol altogether and I was a bottle of red wine a night girl ( girl lol !!!) before.

Oh yeah - I'm having a litre of diet lemonade with them to make them last lol. And I didn't know you could count your Syns weekly? Is it allowed? =D And as for the wine, I'd much prefer it but Vodka's lower so needs must... Thanks.

Enjoyed it too much and had 5, but given what you just said and the fact I only had 2 yesterday I feel much better =] Thankyou =]

I only have to cook for myself, but talking to other SW members it seems that the way to go is to make SW meals but not tell anyone that they are SW meals! To be honest, many of the recipes are really nice, and if you don't make a big thing of it they probably won't realise.

I'm doing it because the OH signed up for it, and I wanted to loose weight anyway, so makes perfect sense to do it together, as we'll be eating pretty much the same things. The kids will sometimes have the same as us but not the SW versions if that makes sense.

I don't live with my partner yet but he's said that he will join SW anyway when he moves up to me so isn't really an issue in that way.
I agree the best thing to do is to make it and not tell them its SW, some people are like that arent they "oh im not eating any diet food"
I have my parents come over at weekends and a few weekends ago I made the diet coke chicken but didnt tell them what it was till they started eating.. and well they loved it!
Theres even a recipe knocking around somewhere to make SW versions of donner kebabs so really.. if your OH can eat all the same foods just a healthier version he should do all he can to support you and it does benefit him too

My boyfriend is great, he loves slimming world food, in fact before we realised how easy it was to have philli as a HEA, he used to put up with Quark carbanara, as soon as we tried it with philli he said he'd never have the quark one again. But he loves most of the meals we cook, he doesn't count syns on his drinks and snacks, but I'm happy with that. He's very supportive when it comes to main meals and eating the same as me, he even cooks slimming world meals

My partner eats what I do for dinners then has his own bits for lunch which is usually a pasty, crisps, fruit & yoghurt. I don't eat the pastys cos we buy the exact amount for him for the week. He did bring home a massive packet of doritios and a chocolate bar last night so i sat there eating a massive pot of fat free yoghurt lol

My OH and both my girls eat SW evening meals with me. None of them need to loose any weight so they all have extras. They have got used to eating healthier food and judging by last nights empty plates they really loved their burgers and chips :)

My OH eats everything that I cook but tends to add some rice or pasta to his meals - I do red days! x

I do a mix, I have Mr and two teen boys who are in and out at all times. Sitting Down to a meal isn't in their priority lists any longer ;) Mr also works weird hours and never knows what time home some days. So I do a mix, if I know he's home early or weekends I make SW for us both. The boys have special stuff I make like kebabs or chicken pie etc. mr has lost some weight in the year I've done it :) in winter I tend to use slow cooker a lot, so they all get whatever's in that in winter. Harder in summer with boys out

If my family will eat it I make SW meals. I have an OH and an 18yr old daughter and 15yr old son. None of them need to lse weight, but they just maybe get a bigger portion I dont add any extras onto their plates. Healthy food is always good for everyone.

Back