Slow and Steady.. winning the race

Thank you, yes he's had a lovely day and is very happy we're letting him stay up late to play on his games... I just hope he isn't too miserable at school due to tiredness.

Also unsure what to do about syns this week, only plans I have so far are Friday night going to a leaving do but I will be driving so no drink... but I'm not sure what the meals will be like, I'm thinking I might get away with going for normal daily syns and just picking the best option possible when we're out. Then just making sure on Saturday and Sunday I stick to plan whatever the weekend throws at us

Feeling really positive, I feel like I'm more to my old self back when I was very successful at slimming world. When we were shopping it didn't bother me when my husband was looking at beers, also when he pointed out some toffee filled pancakes I was just like yeah maybe you should get some to have with little one over the holidays, I can make my own slimming world one's.

I've had a fantastic weekend and hope it will show in a good loss on Friday. The only thing I haven't done this weekend is drank enough water... but hopefully if I drink plenty during the week it will make up for it.

Today has also been a fab day, I found white lion bars in B&M so had one of those for my syns today 10.5 syns well worth it.

So I'm going for around 10 syns a day this week, as my plans for the weekend shouldn't throw me off track. I have a meal out on Friday but I've already put my order in for MISO rice bowl with chicken breast. Then on Saturday we're going to a brewery for a Thai BBQ. I will be driving so will have diet coke and I'm not sure what the food will be like, but I am going to make sure I have something good or nothing at all. I am extremely focused right now.

I'm really hoping when I come back from my cruise I am no bigger than 10 stone 7 so part of that is doing more damage control before I go. (Obviously whatever weight I end up being after the cruise I will deal with as I need to just enjoy my holiday, but I'd rather not put all the weight back on that I have lost) I think my main problem on the cruise will be booze as I've cut it out completely at the moment and food doesn't seem to be bothering me right now. My husband had all the leftover pizza from last night for tea tonight and although it looked really nice, I wasn't bothered about not having any. Same when I was ordering my meal for Friday, I looked at the starters and puddings and I actually didn't want them. Although I know once I get in holiday mode that might change.

Gutted.... ordered some jeans for my cruise, everything recently I've ordered has been a size 8 which don't fit me as I'm not in them yet... so I ordered a 10 thinking I'd be able to wear them. Nope, they're a tiny 10. I suppose at least I didn't order an 8 as target clothes at least, but I'm no better off for clothes for my holiday. Really not sure what clothes I'm going to take for that actually. I'm okay for evening clothes, it's what to wear for the evening I'm stuck on.

I could get the bigger size I suppose, but they're from ebay and I don't know if I can be doing with the hassle of sending them back. (I'm terrible with things like that, I ordered a load of dresses from lindybop and only sent one back because the zip was bust.)

I've still got a few weeks to go, 3 more weigh in's. Really hoping I'm under 10 stone before we go

Thank you

Despite not knowing what I'm going to wear... I'm drawing a massive blank at what day outfits I have that are suitable for normal weather... which I know sounds silly, but I'm just having a moment clearly lol. I am feeling pretty relaxed about going away, I'm looking forward to it and although I'm slightly worried about how much weight I may gain while away, I'm also very aware of the fact that I've been extremely focused these past couple of weeks and think I will easily slip back into it.

I always feel so much better when I'm on plan. I just need to remind myself of that

My main goal to be honest is to go back to school after the 6 week holidays the same weight as when I left if not less. So not going to set that one until the last day, but in theory that is very doable as I only have 2 weeks holiday booked, the other 4 weeks can be put aside to undo the damage the first two weeks cause ;)

Weigh in day tomorrow, that seems to have come around very quickly... I'm feeling pretty good tonight though so fingers crossed. Other then a fair bit of walking, including up and down stairs I haven't really worked out this week though (oh, well one at the weekend) but food has been 100% I'm doing the exercise more for toning than actually losing the weight anyway as I find if anything exercise slows my losses down, but I know I look and feel better for doing it.

Today has gone to plan, currently have lentil lasagna in the oven and it smells gorgeous (even if I do say so myself) really looking forward to that.

Tomorrow I'm out, but driving so no drink whoop whoop and I ordered the MISO rice bowl as it was low calories and looked like it would be pretty much syn free (so just going to count it as a few syns for oil) I'm having the leftover lasagna for lunch so that will be my HEA and I will probably have overnight oats for breakfast so I'm still getting my HEB in... then if when we get home my husband has a pizza I might grab a small chocolate bar from ALDI (6 syns) which should leave me well within my syns even with the eating out.

Saturday is a bit more up in the air, we're going to a brewery that have a BBQ done by the Thai place... no idea what the menu is going to be, but hopefully I'll be able to get some grilled meats which I can just syn for oil.

So last night I completely stuck to my plan and I danced quite a bit so a bit of body magic in there as well.

Today we went to the BBQ but didn't eat as we'd had a big breakfast, so again 100% on slimming world. Feeling fantastic, just hope the scales start to show the work I'm putting in as it's been 3 weeks of being 100% and yet I've maintained for all of them. Which is massively disappointing and off putting. I won't go off plan because of it, as I know that will just mean I'll gain weight instead, but I don't know what else I can do. I know slimming world works for me as I've done it before and had fantastic results... I just well I don't know, I suppose if I do carry on maintaining after we get back from holiday I'd have to try and just shake things up, maybe change my breakfasts and when I have my healthy extra's and syns. But I always enjoy having them as a treat on an evening and again, that's how I used to do slimming world... so I don't understand why it worked then but isn't working now.

So another 100% day today. Really hoping I see a result on Friday and still holding out for being under 10 stone before we go 2 more weigh in's.

Don't know what's up with me at the moment. No idea why I've come to a stand still with my weight but I will get there.

Today has been 100% again

Had curry with some lazy rice... which is 3.5 syns for the pack so sharing between me and my husband means I still have plenty of syns left this evening for a bit of chocolate, also haven't had either of my healthy extra's yet so could have milk and cereal bar, chocolate oats (using a low fat hot choc powder), or ryvita pizza's... no idea which one I fancy yet to be honest.

Also quite proud as we used a chilli we had grown ourselves to make the curry. Whoop whoop. Our first one.

Thursday is going to be a challenge as we are having a buffet at work, I'm going to take in a fruit platter from ASDA and eat that and bits like carrot sticks and cucumber. I may also take some syn free meat... (trying to think what else I could take that would be syn free so I don't look like I'm not eating). Will be hard not to eat the hummus, crisps and sweet things. But I need to stay focused for this cruise. I am still holding out hope for seeing under 10 stone before I go.

I can always try. Whenever anyone has looked at my diary before though they've always been shocked about how many speed foods I do eat.
I have fruit and veg with every meal and for most snacks.

I'm feeling a lot better today, when I'm back from my cruise I think I'll start writing more detailed food diaries and then people might be able to suggest somewhere I'm going wrong :)

I should probably start a more detailed food diary anyway. I'm quite funny though as I remember last time getting annoyed as people (online) told me I should eat less fruit, even though I never had issues with losses eating plenty of fruit and according to slimming world you can eat as much fruit as you want.

Today has been another good one :) Thursday we have the buffet at work, but I plan on sticking to crabsticks and salad followed by fruit (and any other free foods that might be there) on Friday my form are having a party and some of the kids are baking for it, so I am going to have a brownie or something that they make because how could I not? But I will use that as my syns, or possibly just not worry too much about it.

My husband made a cheesy chicken pasta tonight, it was gorgeous.

Also I retried on those jeans I ordered which didn't fit and they do fit, they're a little tight but I wonder if that's more because they just need wearing out a bit... sometimes jeans are like that aren't they. They'll def do for the first part of the cruise anyway. So I think the reason they didn't fit was time of the month bloat (which is annoying as I'm due on again the last week of my holiday)

So I realised today that over 7 weeks I have lost about 7lb (depending on what my weight is on Friday) I should really start looking at the bigger picture. If I can't do that while weighing more often maybe I need to start weighing less (although I don't like the idea of doing that as then I'm more likely to go off plan and think it's okay. I really need to start looking at the bigger picture though and not beating myself up for maintains. (unless I've maintained because I know I've gone off plan)

Food wise I have had another good day. Whoop whoop.

Breakfast was my usual rice pudding, lunch mackerel salad and tea salmon with rice stuffed mushrooms and asparagus all covered with HEA of cheese. Snacks have been loads of fruit, I do eat a lot of fruit... but if I didn't eat fruit I don't know what I'd snack on and although I do enjoy things like boiled eggs and crabsticks and will eat them surely fruit is better as it's S (although again I have had people tell me in the past it has too much sugar, personally I prefer to listen to the rules of sw though and if they say I can eat as much fruit as I want I will do) anyway snacks have been fruit, HEB cereal bar and a pack of rolo's (think that's pretty much my full 15 syns on them but worth it)

Tomorrow and Friday I have a quiche type thing for breakfast that I'm going to have with beans. Tomorrow is also the buffet day at work, I've got crabsticks to take in, I also know someone else is taking carrot sticks and cucumber so I'll have them... then I'm also popping to ASDA on the way in to buy a big fruit platter. So I just have to avoid all the bad things which will also be on offer. I just need to keep thinking about all the clothes I want to be able to wear sooner rather than later.

Back