Slow and Steady.. winning the race

Thank you, we will find out on Friday :)

I am usually a big believer of having at least 5 syns a day, but today I have only had 2 for sausages and I don't want anything else. I thought about having some chocolate but it would just be for the sake of it so I'm going to hold off. I know it's only 3 syns but that's 3 extra syns that can go towards my beer count yesterday lol.

Also another victory for me today, I have resisted getting on the scales. I am going to try and hold off until Friday, as I got into the nasty habit of daily weighing before my holiday and picked it up again after. I could do with somewhere else to keep the scales so I don't see them each time I use the bathroom... but for now I will try and just use my willpower to not get on them.

Another day with no scales... whoop whoop... finding that harder than anything else though. I really am addicted to weighing, it's terrible.

Feeling quite big these past couple of days, I need to get back down to my pre-holiday weight so that I can get that notion out of my head. Food wise it has been another good day, got the plans for the next couple of days meals as well which is fantastic. Just realised I forgot to pick up pudding rice as I haven't been having it during the holidays but should really have it in.

Still sticking with the not weighing and also been on plan. I'm not very well at the moment though, my skin is awful and I've had a terrible reaction :( just taking it easy for a few days and hoping that the reaction goes down for the weekend. It's all in my hair though and on my scalp which is a nightmare as I can't just put cream on it...

Yup just feeling sorry for myself, really hoping it clears up by the weekend.

I've ordered myself a bunch of lindybop stuff in the sale to help cheer me up, half in size 10's so they'll fit now and half as target clothes in size 8. Then the bigger thing to make myself feel even better than that is we've just booked another cruise for next year <3 just need to make sure that my size 10's are the clothes that I take for when I gain some weight in the second week hehe x

I can't wait... just need to make sure we chip away at it each month otherwise our credit card is going to have a shock when it comes to the deadline for paying.

We aren't going to be having any little holidays this year though and not going out as much as I'm picking up my degree again, so should be fine. I need to stop buying as many clothes though (whoops). I do need some nice new Autumn/winter bits though.

Diet is still going well.

Only a lb off this week, a little disappointed but looking forward now to next week instead.. hopefully I'll see a bigger loss (Although I'm due on the following week and my bloat seems to start the week before... so maybe not) but we shall see as long as the numbers keep going down I can't complain too much.

My face is still slightly swollen, can't wait for that to go down properly. I'm going out tomorrow night no matter what, only going to watch the ice hockey so hopefully my face won't look too bad. But I need to get out of the house.

Yesterday I didn't follow the plan completely. I was good... I chose salmon with rice and veg which would have been a few syns for oil and it had a small amount of sour cream with it, I didn't have pudding (even though they looked stunning) but I did share a pretzel starter with my husband... not sure on the syns for that... I also didn't have my healthy extra's. But I think it could have been a lot worse, the puddings were tempting.

Today we're out again, I've had slimming world pancakes for breakfast with berries. Not sure what I'll be eating for lunch but I won't be drinking and I will try and make the best decision I can. Depending on how today goes I may reduce syns for the rest of the week, or just draw a line under this weekend and see what happens on Friday. The following week I should be fairly back to normal.

So yesterday I have no idea how to calculate my syns however I was good... I think. There were no good choice where we were, so I stuck to diet cokes and then I just had tasters of what my husband ate, so about 4 bites of a burrito, a few chips and a taste of ice-cream.

I am just going to draw a line under it and eat normally for the rest of the week. Hopefully I'll still see a lb loss, but we will see. I'm coming up to the dreaded bloat before star week (I seem to have two weeks of it as I bloat for a week before and I tend to come on over the weekend so both weeks get caught in it.... but if it is down to star week at least the losses should show the following weeks.

WI tomorrow and I'm hoping to see a loss, I feel like I deserve one this week. I don't think I'll manage my below 10 stone before I'm back at school, but as long as I'm as close to that as possible I'm happy. I've stuck to plan and have even used my syns on a few different things this week as we've eaten out so I had nando's yesterday (totalled up at around 10 syns... I think just under) and the day before I had a beer. Tonight I had a bounty as my syns... haven't had one in years.

Yesterday I went out and did a pole fitness taster session, it was good fun and I've signed up for a beginners course, only have time for one a week though so not sure how much toning that will do me lol... but it's gotta be better than nothing

1lb off this week, would have been nice to see more but I'm not going to be getting down about losses, any loss is a good loss. Star week next week but really hoping to still see a loss.

Today has been a really good day food wise. We were out for lunch and I got a jacket potato with beans, no butter and side salad for lunch while my husband and son had McDonalds. Out for tea tomorrow but I'll be having my trusty salmon which I syn just for the oil they will use and some sour cream.

We ended up not eating out for tea yesterday which made working out syns a lot easier whoop whoop.

So my main challenge this week will now be tomorrow (we're back at work and they put sandwiches on for lunch on a training day) the sandwiches are never even that great... but it's just the fact that they're there and it's difficult to grab your own food due to being all over the school. Hopefully they'll have some fruit on so I'll grab that instead and I'm also trying to think of a couple of things I can just have in my bag to snack on while everyone else has the sarnies.

Two victories to shout about today (one of them was from the weekend but I didn't mention it lol) so I tried one of my old push up bra's on this weekend expecting it not to fit still and it looked amazing!!!

Today I managed to not have any of the sandwiches put out for us at work. I ate some grapes, an apple, a banana some beetroot crisps (3 syns) and a small amount of baked crisps my son left over (5 syns for the bag... I had less than half so I'm going to just count it as 2 syns) so still enough room for some chocolate tonight.
I quite liked having them through the day so might start some days having a bag of crisps during the day and a smaller chocolate for syns on the evening (will still have some days where I won't so I can splurge on a bigger chocolate bar)

So food today

Breakfast - rice pudding with banana and blueberries
Lunch - apple, grapes, beetroot crisps and normal crisps (5 syns)
Tea - Slimming world burgers with cheese (HEA) and no bun, slimming world chips and fried veg
Snacks - plum, grapes, cereal bar (HEB) yogurt, crabsticks, will have either a crunchie (7.5 syns) or a ALDI chocolate bar (6 syns) this evening

So feeling quite motivated after having my first day back at work after summer today. I didn't lose my cruise weight before going back, which was my aim... but at least I'm only 3lb over and not half a stone or more. That weight will come off soon enough.

I've set myself another mini target of getting to 9 and a half stone by Halloween. So 8 weeks and 10lbs to go, that's very do-able (hopefully even for me and my slow losses) asking for a lb a week plus a couple of weeks with a slightly bigger loss doesn't seem too much. It's also 16 weeks until Christmas :eek: can I get to target before then? Well only time will tell. Hopefully I won't be taken in by too many Christmas events... but if I am I'm hoping it will just stunt my loss for a while rather than result in gains.

Half way through my first week back and I am so tired, need to go out to pole later (would probably knock it on the head if it were just me going as I haven't paid yet) but my friend is meeting me there and I don't want to pull out on her. I'll feel better once I get out though.

Another successful day slimming world wise..

Breakfast - Rice pudding with blackberries and blueberries
Lunch - tikka chicken salad
Tea - chicken and bacon pasta with cheese (HEA)
Snacks - fruit pot, banana, apple, kiwi, baked crisps (5 syns), WW yogurt,

I haven't had them yet but have a cereal bar for my HEB and a crunchie (7.5 syns) or ALDI chocolate bar (6 syns) waiting for me when I get home from my pole lesson.

I've also stopped drinking coffee at work, taking in fruit tea's instead. So I'm having two drinks of coffee in a morning as I have one first thing and take one with me in my travel mug.

Not feeling positive for WI tomorrow. 100% week (as long as I don't mess it up tonight, but I honestly can't see that happening) but I'm feeling bloated and I'm due on this weekend :( I feel like I should be expecting a gain. Hopefully if it is a gain I'll just see a double loss next week instead, but that doesn't make it feel any better right now.

Back