Slow and Steady.. winning the race

So today at work I had a cupcake that some of the girls in my tutor group had made, it was lovely. Probably a little over syns as it had a very sugary topping... but that's all I'm having today. I was celebrating anyway as I wanted to be under 10 stone before we broke up and this mornings WI I was 9 stone 13.8 haha... so I'm counting it as 10 stone as I round up if it's a number like that but I'm also counting it as a win on that target. Hopefully I'll have lost even more before next Friday.

This week I'm going to reduce my syns to 6 a day on the days we don't have plans. As I have a couple of days out planned that although they shouldn't be crazy, will probably take me over my daily syns, so weekly syns it is.

So todays plans were a little scuppered by the fact that the place we went to eat had a reduced menu on, I had the best thing on there which was haddock fishcakes and salad, it came with a cheesy sauce, so I know it wasn't great but had to be better than burgers and pie or everything else that came with chips. So not having any other syns today. Tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I will have reduced syns and Thursday I am out again and we are probably going to a Japanese place, so I know it won't be slimming world but I will try to avoid anything fried... Japanese food is quite healthy so hoping with reduced syns the rest of the week today and Thursday won't effect my weight for Friday too much. I might end up having a little cake on Thursday as well, as I'm meeting a friend and we usually end up being quite naughty... but again a small slice is surely better than what we used to eat when we met up before.

I think looking at this week like this really puts into perspective other holidays I've had as usually I would have started with a bad meal last night to celebrate it being the holiday and then ended up carrying on.

I'm going to try and be good where I can, but not worry where I do go a little off... I will lose whatever I gain once I get back from the cruise. Fingers crossed like I said in my last post I will return to school the weight I was when I left. But we shall see. I have been very focused this past month or so and I'm sure I can keep that up once I'm back home as I am determined to get back to my target weight.

Wow... so if the next 6 weeks (not including our time away) are going to follow the same as today, my husband is not making life easy for me.
I helped my sister today put up a candy cart for a christening, so husband did the shop, yes he bought be salad... but he also bought himself a lovely crusty tiger bread loaf, he bought flavoured chicken which I've checked the syn values of and luckily it looks like its only a couple of syns... but still... he then sat and shared a tub of pringles with our son during lunch and has bought himself a huge bar of chocolate.
It's a good job I am feeling very focused. As actually I'm not tempted by any of it at the moment, but I do wonder if it carries on when we get back from the cruise if I'll find it harder to get back on plan

Trying really hard not to buy any new clothes or make things for myself for a while now, as I know I've lost weight but when I measure myself I'm getting upset as I'm not as close to where I want to be... Also when it comes to buying clothes I'm wanting to buy the smaller size so at the moment just buying things that don't fit. So I've deleted my ebay watch list and trying not to look at other sites too.
Obviously when it gets cooler I will have to buy some jumpers etc but other then that I've been looking at just nice skirts and dresses, which is great but I'm spending too much money just on things that I either can't fit in or that are upsetting me as I don't look as good in them as I feel I should. I really wish I'd not let myself gain all that weight again, although hopefully this time around I will appreciate how careful I do need to be and how easy it is to pile it all back on if you start to ignore the scales.

Today syns have been 2 for sausages with breakfast and a biscuit at ikea (it was like a jam cream and only small so I'm going to count 4 syns for it) still keeping syns low today as tomorrow is Japanese food, I will avoid tempera but I know there can be lots of hidden syns in it - there's also a strong possibility I will end up having a slice of cake as well, but will try and keep that to a minimum if possible, then Friday Indian street food.

I've finally packed for my holiday, I have way over packed but I have some nice clothes that I want to wear while they fit me and then also some bigger clothes for when I start to bloat from time of the month and if I have over indulged while away.

Thank you both

Well after an amazing holiday, I have come back 10lbs heavier.... typical I'd never lose 10lbs in two weeks how can I gain it in that time lol. Oh well, I enjoyed every minute and would do it again (So I need to make sure I'm at target or lower before the next time I go away hehe). I got back yesterday and got straight back on plan and to be honest I'm feeling fantastic for it.

I'm hoping to have lost as much of that 10lbs as possible by the time I got back to school, I'm going to aim for the full 10lbs, but we will see... 3lb's a week is a lot for me, I usually manage one or two on a really good week... I'm just a slow loser. But aim for the stars and all that. I'm hoping a lot of it might be water retention or something, even though I do know I did eat a lot.

Plans this week don't really involve food, just a meal on Thursday to celebrate my brothers engagement (but I'm going to look up the menu in a moment and will be making good choices) and a night out on Saturday but I'm planning on not drinking and saving syns for the meal as where we are eating is all Indian tapas so hard to stick to plan.... although that's Saturday so technically it's next week and not this week.

Thank you

I'm feeling fantastic now I'm back on plan. I just hope I'm still on track for being at target for Christmas. It's my 30th in May anyway so I would love to have reached target by the end of the year and be well into maintaining it by my Birthday.

Not really got any plans today, so lazy morning... will probably head out this afternoon otherwise we'll go stir crazy but not having plans makes sticking to plan a lot easier :)

I checked the menu for tomorrow and I can get poached salmon with baby potatoes and some veg... it comes with hollandaise sauce, but I'm going to ask to not have any sauce and if that's a problem I'll just use it as my syns. I'd rather not though as would be nice to have some chocolate when I get home.

Can't wait to see these numbers go back down, have to admit seeing 10 stone again is massively depressing but I did know it was going to happen so I'm just trying to focus on seeing it come off again and not getting to the point where I'm up here again. My skinny wardrobe is calling out to me

All went to plan on Thursday and yesterday was 100% on plan as well :) feeling really motivated. Yesterday when I weighed I was 10 stone 5 so 4 and a half lb weight loss (as although I've put 10 stone 10 on here I was actually 10 stone 9 and a half) I'm happy with that... I'm expecting to go back to 2 or 1lb weight losses a week now so it may take a bit longer than I'd hoped to get back under 10 stone but at least I know I'm heading in the right direction.

Today I'm going to be going slightly off plan as we are going to an Indian tapas for lunch, I'm just going to eat what I want (as there isn't really any good options) and when we come home for a take away later (we have friends round, they will want pizza) I will have a shish kebab with salad and no sauce, I'll add my own tabasco. I only had 7.5 syns yesterday and for a few days this week I will keep the syns low as well (depending on how bad I feel today is will dictate how many days I keep them low for) hopefully that will counteract the food today and I'll still see a decent loss. Fingers crossed anyway.

I also managed half an hour on my crosstrainer yesterday and 100 crunches. Today I'll be doing a fair bit of walking but no workout... I might try and get some crunches in before I go in the shower as when I do them regularly I do see a massive difference in my stomach

The lunch was gorgeous, I did have a few half pints of beer too... back on it today though and I will try and reduce my syns for the rest of the week, hopefully making up for the beer.

I did stick to the plan of having the shish kebab instead of pizza :) so it wasn't completely off plan.

Back