SLOW COOKER RECIPES

Did anyone see Jamie Oliver Cook Summer on Ch 4 the other week? He did a portable chilli that he slow cooked on the stove with a big piece of brisket. I'm thinking this would work great in the slow cooker?

must try it.....without the lovely tortilla's though! :D

Did anyone see Jamie Oliver Cook Summer on Ch 4 the other week? He did a portable chilli that he slow cooked on the stove with a big piece of brisket. I'm thinking this would work great in the slow cooker?

must try it.....without the lovely tortilla's though! :D

OMG that brisket chilli look absolutely amazing! My other half wont let me delete the programme off the sky planner as he wants to write it all down - apparently he can't find the recipe online anywhere! x

thank you, thank you, thank you all for these wonderful recipes!!! i love my slow cooker but usually just end up doing coke gammon or a beef stew in it, i'll definitely be trying some recipes especially the minty meatballs thank you all again xxxxx

I make soup in my slow cooker and it is delish! Only one thing i am not sure of .... once ready i put it into my pot and store it. I always make Chicken and Rice Soup. One problem i have though is that i leave it in the pot and it only stays fresh for a couple of days. Should it let it cool and then put it in the fridge? x

Whats your receipe for chicken and rice soup? Sounds interesting

I just add rice into the slow cooker, add some onion. make up couple of chicken stock cubes and add it in as the liquid. Once cooked, add the fresh chicken (i used the already copoked strips) heat it up for about 10mins and then voila !!! :)

Hello!

I love my slow cooker, it's great when you have to work all day! I like to cook a Gammon joint in my slow cooker, so thought i'd share!

I pop it in and cover with water
Add:
1 x quartered onion
1 x quartered apple
black pepper corns
bay leaf
and secret ingrediant....a star anaise (You can get packs of these in most supermarkets and will last ages)

I leave it on while at work, then take out, cover in foil and put in the oven. Then just serve with what ever pots and veg you like. (I like roasties and steamed veg. And use a bit of the left over gammon water to make up some gravy)

Enjoy!

Hi! Can you tell me roughly how many hours you leave it and do you set the cooker to low or high? Thanks :)

I have a beef and vegetable stew cooking at this moment in my slow cooker. I find a carton of passata, a few mixed herbs, salt and pepper heated in microwave and then poured over meat and vegetables makes a lovely rich sauce/gravy.

made this Yesterday!

Pete’s Slow-Pot Sausage & Beans

Serves 4

Ingredients

4 Sainsbury’s “Be good to yourself” extra lean Cumberland Sausage
400g Baked Beans
400g Cannellini Beans, rinse in hot water
400g Borlotti Beans, rinse in hot water
400g Chopped Tomato’s
500mL Knorr Rich Beef Stock-Pot Stock
1 large onion
4 slices smoked bacon, finely cut into strips
1tsp dried thyme
1tsp paprika
1 chilli, deseeded and chopped finely
Splash of light soy sauce
Splash of Worcester Sauce

Method

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook the onion, chilli & bacon with the sausage until cooked.

Switch the Slow-Pot to “high” and add the beans, add the Worcester sauce, soy sauce, thyme, paprika & 250mL of the stock.

Cut the sausage into 16 pieces and add to the Stock-Pot with the other frying pan ingredients.

Bring to a boil and add extra stock to cover the ingredients and then turn the heat to ”low”

Attachments

• Slow-Pot Sausage & Beans-2 (Large).JPG
    Slow-Pot Sausage & Beans-2 (Large).JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 320
  • Slow-Pot Sausage & Beans (Large).JPG
    Slow-Pot Sausage & Beans (Large).JPG
    221.9 KB · Views: 1,900
Just making my first stew in my sparkly new slow cooker! Found extra lean beef casserole steak in sainsburys on the 3 for £10 :)
700g Beef, 3 leeks, 2carrots, 1 beef oxo cube made with 1litre of boiling water, 1 onion, with fresh sage, thyme, rosemary and a dried bay leaf! Smells divine!!!

Jo* said:
Was the Brisket expensive?

No, I got a big 1kg bit in tesco for £6. We had two huge portions of it for tea and put 5 portions in the freezer. Will definitely be doing this again. X

Well I thought given your recommendations I would try the Jamie Oliver Brisket Chilli. The hardest bit was getting a knife sharp enough to cut the fat off the brisket but once that was done it was all coming together well until I went to put it in the slow cooker - I can only just get the lid on :8855:. It smells wonderful and I can't wait to try it tomorrow but think next time I will try just 1/2 kg instead.

Thanks for posting the link.

Back