SLOW COOKER RECIPES

toliveordiet? said:
Well I thought given your recommendations I would try the Jamie Oliver Brisket Chilli. The hardest bit was getting a knife sharp enough to cut the fat off the brisket but once that was done it was all coming together well until I went to put it in the slow cooker - I can only just get the lid on :8855:. It smells wonderful and I can't wait to try it tomorrow but think next time I will try just 1/2 kg instead.

Thanks for posting the link.

I had trouble squeezing mine in too but once it starts breaking up it was fine. Plenty for leftovers too. Hope you enjoy! X

excellent ideas on here guys thanks xx

Hi, I love using my slow cooker, so easy! Chilli beef sounds lovely, my whole family will love it, and I love the idea of putting it in a pitta.

I've just done a pulled pork in slow cooker, which was delicious!

Dilkushaa said:
Hi, I love using my slow cooker, so easy! Chilli beef sounds lovely, my whole family will love it, and I love the idea of putting it in a pitta.

I've just done a pulled pork in slow cooker, which was delicious!

Oooh what's your pulled pork recipe please if you dont mind? Thanks x

Hi Sinead6uk, thanks your my first question!

It was really easy, recipe called for a shoulder of pork, but Tesco had an offer on rolled pork loin so I just got one of those. Then rubbed in a satchet of Tesco BBQ rub, which I think worked out to 4 sins for whole satchet. And then poured cider over joint, I know it's not very SW syn friendly but once joint is out you don't use it the cider, but you could use chicken stock instead.

I had mine wrapped in lettuce, how good am I !!!!, and it was delicious - even hubby liked it !!! They all had it in sandwiches today also, and will be having it tomorrow to!! So really the syns are well spread out.

Just got a slow cooker and cannot wait to try some of the wonderful ideas on here thanks to all who have posted.

Hi Sinead6uk, thanks your my first question!

It was really easy, recipe called for a shoulder of pork, but Tesco had an offer on rolled pork loin so I just got one of those. Then rubbed in a satchet of Tesco BBQ rub, which I think worked out to 4 sins for whole satchet. And then poured cider over joint, I know it's not very SW syn friendly but once joint is out you don't use it the cider, but you could use chicken stock instead.

I had mine wrapped in lettuce, how good am I !!!!, and it was delicious - even hubby liked it !!! They all had it in sandwiches today also, and will be having it tomorrow to!! So really the syns are well spread out.

yay!!! honoured to be your first question! :D Welcome!
that sounds lovely! i will definitely have to try that! yum! x

I did the Beef Bouginion recipe that is in the new SW mag in my slow cooker for 5 hours on low. It was GORGEOUS, even with the swede mash! :)

Hi all,

Thanks for the great recipes. Bought a slow cooker today, half price from Tesco, bargain!! Gonna attempt a chicken curry tomorrrow, got a schwartz slow cookers chicken curry recipe mix which has step by step instructions on the back - should be pretty fool proof(I hope!) :) Can't wait to try my new toy :)

Todays Dinner....................

Pete’s Sausage & leek casserole with chive mash-2
Slow Cooker version

Serves 2
Ingredients

4 pork sausages
1 Spanish onion sliced
200g sliced leeks
4 cloves garlic sliced
2 sticks celery sliced
1tsp oregano
400ml passata
200mL chicken stock
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper
800g/3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 4
1 Cup of frozen peas
Salt and cracked white pepper
1 bunch of chives finely chopped
100mL Skimmed Milk (from your daily allowance)
Method
Preheat Slow Cooker to “low”
Fry the sausages in a casserole dish until golden brown, remove and set aside.

Add the onions, leeks, garlic, celery and sage and cook until the mix starts to brown slightly

Add the passata, stock and bay leaves and then season with salt and pepper, add the sausages put into a slow cooker set it to “high” bring to the boil then turn the heat to “low” for at least 3hrs.. Remove the bay leaves and serve with the mash.
Meantime put the peas in a pan of boiling water & cook for 10 mins before the end of the slow cooker cooking time.
Cook your potatoes in a medium sized pan, cover with salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer gently until cooked. Once cooked, drain and mash the potatoes, add 100mL of skimmed milk, season and add the chives.

SausageLeekCasseroleSmall.jpg

chickadee83 said:
Hi all,

Thanks for the great recipes. Bought a slow cooker today, half price from Tesco, bargain!! Gonna attempt a chicken curry tomorrrow, got a schwartz slow cookers chicken curry recipe mix which has step by step instructions on the back - should be pretty fool proof(I hope!) :) Can't wait to try my new toy :)

What did u thunk to the chicken curry recipe? I didn't think it tasted of anything? X

hi all can the diet coke chicken recipe be cooked in a slow cooker and do i have to adjust anything im hoping to cook it while im at work then just serve with noodles x

What did u thunk to the chicken curry recipe? I didn't think it tasted of anything? X

Was a bit disappointed as well - had to add a few bits and pieces in to add a bit more flavour - tabasco sauce, lots of pepper, some worchester sauce, herbs...lol By the time I had added the extras it was much better!!

Made a chilli the next night and it was much tastier :)

i cooked diet coke chicken in fine today it tasted lovely but the chicken went really dry what did i do wrong ?

Can anyone help on the Jamie Oliver chilli do you use the same amount of stock n liquid as recipe states as I find sometimes in slow cooker it's very liquidy! Any tips appreciated!! X

if i find my recipes are a bit liquidy towards the end i take the lid of and put it on high for a while before cooking it usually helps

Back