SLOW COOKER RECIPES

Attempting the Gammon in diet coke............Smells blimming lovely......hope it tastes as good........any ideas what I can serve with it ?

Hi

I'm new to this can anyone give me any soup (EE) receipes that can be done in the slow cooker. Also does anyone have the spagetti Bolognaise (EE) receipe for the same?

Hi

I'm new to this can anyone give me any soup (EE) receipes that can be done in the slow cooker. Also does anyone have the spagetti Bolognaise (EE) receipe for the same?

What kind of soup are you looking for? I have a few recipes and might be able to help.

Any that you usually make on the hob can be done in a slow cooker, you just need to chop the veg really small because otherwise it takes forever to cook.

The gammon was gorgeous so tonight I am attempting a whole chicken done in the slow cooker

What kind of soup are you looking for? I have a few recipes and might be able to help.

Any that you usually make on the hob can be done in a slow cooker, you just need to chop the veg really small because otherwise it takes forever to cook.

Hi any minestrone, vegetable or potato? I would appreciate your help, thank you.:)

some great ideas, i havent used my slow cooker for ages thanks guys x

Sausage Casserole (serves 2 or recipe can be doubled to serve 4)

4 low fat sausages (I used quorn sausages, yummy)
1 carton passata (one large jar would be ok just leave out the water)
tbsp tomato puree
1 large red onion
1 pepper (I like yellow)
2 cloves garlic
fresh/dried basil and oregano, or mixed herbs
1/4 tsp dried cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
pinch of chilli flakes
splash of balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
stock cube

1. Cut the onion into fairly large chunks/wedges and mince the garlic, fry both in frylight over medium heat for a couple of minutes
2. Add the sausages and cook until brown on (if using meat sausages)
3. add a splash of balsamic vinegar to the pan, stir and cook on high heat for one minute
4. Dice pepper leaving fairly chunky
5. put all the ingredients in the slow cooker with a small cup of water and cook for as long as you like

serve with pasta/rice/potatoes/vegetables - this is a really versative dish and the cumin, paprika and chilli give it a teeny bit of spice and warmth =)

Loving this Thread! Can't wait to try out some of the recipies!

im making this dish atm

Chicken Creole

ingredients
3 garlic cloves
1 large onion
mushrooms (i use around 5 large ones)
2 sticks celery (finely chopped)
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 red chilli
400g chopped tomatoes
1 sachet of cajun spices
chicken thighs or turkey (fat trimmed off)
small sprinkle of garlic salt

basically i chop all veg add the chicken with tomatoes spices stir, cook on high for around 4hrs

really tasty :)

im making this dish atm

Chicken Creole

ingredients
3 garlic cloves
1 large onion
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 red chilli
400g chopped tomatoes
1 sachet of cajun spices

basically i chop all veg add the chicken with tomatoes spices stir, cook on high for around 4hrs

serve mine with savoury rice :)

im making this dish atm

Chicken Creole

ingredients
3 garlic cloves
1 large onion
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 red chilli
400g chopped tomatoes
1 sachet of cajun spices

Yum I am making this this week.

Pete’s Beef Stroganoff (slow cooker version)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Knorr “Dark Beef stockpot”
1 Knorr “Herb stockpot”
1 Chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Cup of frozen peas (ss) (ff)
1 pack of “Schultz garlic, mushrooms & cream sauce” (4.5/4=1.125 syns per person)
1 Tsp Sweet paprika
1Tbsp Worcester sauce
1 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
2 Onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
2 Garlic cloves, squeezed through a garlic press (sff)
150g Button mushrooms, cut in half (s) (sff)
300mL hot water for stock
300g long grain rice (ff)
350ml skimmed milk (3 syn/4=0.75 syn per person)
450g extra lean casserole steak (ff)

Method

Place the beef into the freezer for 30 mins to stiffen it, remove & cut into thin strips, cook in a frying pan until the beef has browned.
Pre-heat the slow cooker.
Spray the frying pan with Fry Light , add the onion, chilli, garlic, Worcester sauce, mushrooms, paprika, red wine vinegar, herb stockpot & cook for 5 mins, make 300mL of beef stock using the hot water & stockpot, add to the pan.
In a small saucepan make up the sauce as per the instructions using the milk, bring to the boil & thicken, tip into the beef mixture, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cook for 5 mins, tip contents into the slow cooker, set to “low” cook for at least 4 hrs.
When you are ready to the meal, make the rice as per instructions on the package.
Add the peas to the beef 5 mins before serving on a bed of the rice.

Beef Stroganof Slow Cooker.jpgBeef Stroganof slow cooker-2.jpg

Loving this thread, have just looked out my slow cooker and can't wait to get started!

Thanks

joshuacornes said:
hiya, i am dusting off my slow cooker but want to start with some basics, can anyone tell me how to do jacket potatooes in the slow cooker?

Never thought of doing them Im my slow cooker. Id like to know too please :)

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

Pete’s Beef Stroganoff (slow cooker version)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Knorr “Dark Beef stockpot”
1 Knorr “Herb stockpot”
1 Chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Cup of frozen peas (ss) (ff)
1 pack of “Schultz garlic, mushrooms & cream sauce” (4.5/4=1.125 syns per person)
1 Tsp Sweet paprika
1Tbsp Worcester sauce
1 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
2 Onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
2 Garlic cloves, squeezed through a garlic press (sff)
150g Button mushrooms, cut in half (s) (sff)
300mL hot water for stock
300g long grain rice (ff)
350ml skimmed milk (3 syn/4=0.75 syn per person)
450g extra lean casserole steak (ff)

Method

Place the beef into the freezer for 30 mins to stiffen it, remove & cut into thin strips, cook in a frying pan until the beef has browned.
Pre-heat the slow cooker.
Spray the frying pan with Fry Light , add the onion, chilli, garlic, Worcester sauce, mushrooms, paprika, red wine vinegar, herb stockpot & cook for 5 mins, make 300mL of beef stock using the hot water & stockpot, add to the pan.
In a small saucepan make up the sauce as per the instructions using the milk, bring to the boil & thicken, tip into the beef mixture, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cook for 5 mins, tip contents into the slow cooker, set to “low” cook for at least 4 hrs.
When you are ready to the meal, make the rice as per instructions on the package.
Add the peas to the beef 5 mins before serving on a bed of the rice.

View attachment 55317View attachment 55318

Do you think I could make this with pork instead of beef? I do love beef but sadly it doesn't love me back so have try to avoid it

Back