SLOW COOKER RECIPES

I love my slow cooker, I slow cooked a joint of beef recently, it was soo tender I barely had to cut it!

I used beef stock, onions and garlic. Then added dry roasted potatoes & parsnips, with carrots, brocolli and cauliflower! Delicious!

I added a little bit of bisto gravy (1.5 syns per 100ml) and that was it!

I'm definitely going to try this. I've always been a bit scared about cooking a whole joint of meat in it but i'm spurred on to do it now. Thanks :)

I always cook a joint of ham or bacon in the SC I tend to soak ham over night ( as is can be salty if you don't)at the same time I soak half a pkt of red lentils
Then in am I just chop an onion and rinse lentils and ham and place all in SC season salt pepper and garlic granules and Voila a lovely cooked ham and a wholesome free tasty soup all in one go !

Oh, that sounds so yummy, and thanks for the tip of soaking the meat first. Another one to try. Thanks :)

I always cook a joint of ham or bacon in the SC I tend to soak ham over night ( as is can be salty if you don't)at the same time I soak half a pkt of red lentils
Then in am I just chop an onion and rinse lentils and ham and place all in SC season salt pepper and garlic granules and Voila a lovely cooked ham and a wholesome free tasty soup all in one go !

That's a great idea, think I will give that a go! x

I always add a carton of passata or extra liquid, then at the end of cooking, ladle a pint of the liquid out and use for soup the next day.

I always put passata in my casseroles. It thickens the sauce up a bit without syns! :)

does the lady with the dauphinoise potatoes have the recipe please... I would love to try that in the SC

I make a lot of soup in mine, I have a huge SC for large amounts and small 1.5 lt for the two of us which I use every day.
Yesterday I made "Soup Mix" Soup.

I am hoping there werent any Syns in it... it was a bag of dried soup mix from Morrisons for 69p... I used a couple of handfuls, added hot water and couple of spring onions and a stock cube and left it for about 4 hrs and it was lovely. The soup mix has dried peas, lentils, rice, carrots, onions, grains etc.

Today I made a Pea and Ham soup... I found a box of dried peas in the cupboard, tipped them in the SW with a chopped slice of bacon, water, stock cube and some chilli flakes.. left it for about 3 hrs and it was souper!!!

Last edited:
Here is an update on my Beef Stroganoff, thicker sauce! better taste.....
I pre-cook in a frying pan first then place in a slow cooker as we eat it about 3-4 hrs later but if cooking for 6hrs or longer then you could just put the ingredients into the slow cooker, I like to pre-cook and taste first!

Pete’s Beef Stroganoff (2013)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Pack Schwartz creamy mild peppercorn sauce (4.5 syn)
1 Knorr veg stockpot
1 Chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1tsp paprika
1tbsp Carrs sauce flour (3.5syn)
1tbsp Worcester sauce
2 Onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped (sff)
2tbsp Red wine vinegar
200g Mushrooms, quartered (s) (sff)
300mL Knorr dark beef stockpot+ water
300mL skimmed milk (<1Hea/4=<0.25 Hea)
300g Cooked rice (ff)
454g/1lb extra lean casserole steak (ff)
Cupful of frozen peas (ff)

Method

Place the beef in a freezer for 30-45 mins then remove & slice thinly, place in a frying pan & add the flour, coat all sides of the beef then on a high heat, brown the beef, remove & set aside.
Deglaze the pan by turning the heat up, add the vinegar and scrape the pan until the base is clean, reduce the heat & add the onion, chilli, garlic, herb stockpot, mushrooms & paprika, cook until the onions are soft.
Make up the peppercorn sauce with the milk, set aside.
Add the beef, Worcester sauce & beef stock & peppercorn sauce, season to taste, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 30 mins until the beef is cooked and the stock has thickened, or, pre-heat a slow cooker, add contents of the pan to the cooker, set to low and leave for several hours.
5 mins before serving add the peas.
Serve with the rice, cooked as per instructions on the packet.

Beef Stroganof-2013 (Small).JPG

I pre-cook in a frying pan first then place in a slow cooker as we eat it about 3-4 hrs later but if cooking for 6hrs or longer then you could just put the ingredients into the slow cooker, I like to pre-cook and taste first!

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Knorr veg stockpot
1tsp paprika
1tbsp Worcester sauce
2tbsp Red wine vinegar
300g Cooked rice (ff)

Method

Place the beef in a freezer for 30-45 mins then remove & slice thinly, place in a frying pan & add the flour, coat all sides of the beef then on a high heat, brown the beef, remove & set aside.
Deglaze the pan by turning the heat up, add the vinegar and scrape the pan until the base is clean, reduce the heat & add the onion, chilli, garlic, herb stockpot, mushrooms & paprika, cook until the onions are soft.
Add the beef, Worcester sauce & beef stock & peppercorn sauce, season to taste, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 30 mins until the beef is cooked and the stock has thickened, or, pre-heat a slow cooker, add contents of the pan to the cooker, set to low and leave for several hours.

View attachment 74364

We love this one!

Any ideas for a nice beef stew?

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Knorr veg stockpot
1tsp paprika
1tbsp Worcester sauce
2tbsp Red wine vinegar
300g Cooked rice (ff)

Method

View attachment 74364

Going to have to try this, looks really nice & tender.
I am new to slow cooker cooking, but made a meaty chilli the other day. Was really nice & tasted really meaty. ThankQ for the recipe. :)

We make broth in the slow cooker. We just dice/slice all the veg, put the cereal broth mix (we buy a packet from asda/tesco) in, 2 ham stock cubes, some pepper, and just cover it all with water. Leave it on high for 4 hours then put onto medium or low for rest of the day. We left it on low while at group on Wednesday and it was a lovey hot meal to come back to. Had mine with a wholemeal bun

We make broth in the slow cooker. We just dice/slice all the veg, put the cereal broth mix (we buy a packet from asda/tesco) in, 2 ham stock cubes, some pepper, and just cover it all with water. Leave it on high for 4 hours then put onto medium or low for rest of the day. We left it on low while at group on Wednesday and it was a lovey hot meal to come back to. Had mine with a wholemeal bun
That sounds really nice Rochelle, i make alot of soups so will try this in the slow cooker. Thanks. :)

I've never made a dessert in it myself, though I've seen lots of people say you can make things like rice pudding in there, so I'd give it a google and find some recipes :) They're probably all likely to be quite synful things though :p

Back