SLOW COOKER RECIPES

I have heard lots about the Diet Coke cooked Ham - does anyone have the recipe?

Literaly as u say it. Bottle of diet coke or similar plus a gammon or ham into slow cooker, high 4-5 hours or low 8-10ish. I use all sorts in mine. Bottles of diet lemon and lime water etc lol x

Thanks for that pastagirl, I think even my husband would like this! Definately going to try this over the weekend and I will post some photos!

We make broth in the slow cooker. We just dice/slice all the veg, put the cereal broth mix (we buy a packet from asda/tesco) in, 2 ham stock cubes, some pepper, and just cover it all with water. Leave it on high for 4 hours then put onto medium or low for rest of the day. We left it on low while at group on Wednesday and it was a lovey hot meal to come back to. Had mine with a wholemeal bun

made some of this yesterday in the slow cooker. thank you so so much is divine. made loads to go in freezer too. what a great but simple idea.

Simply searched "slow cooker beef curry" in google as had a packet of diced up stewing beef to use up. One came up on the BBC recipe website and was syn free if you substituted the oil for Frylight Made it for me and the OH and it was gorgeous! definitely going to try and do some more stuff in there soon :)

Not tried this but going to.....

1 diced onion
2 chopped cloves garlic
1 inch piece peeled and grated ginger
1 teasp cumin
1 teasp turmeric
1 teasp coriander
1 teasp salt
half teasp garam masala
1 can chick peas
1 can choppes tomatoes

Preparation method

Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 6 hours
Rinse and drain the canned Chickpeas.
In a stainless steel or cast iron pan, sauté oil, onions, ginger, and garlic for 5 minutes.
Place onion mixture and all other ingredients except for garam masala in a Crockpot.
Cook on low for 6-9 hours. Before serving, add garam masala.
Tip

Try adding some finely chopped jalapeno peppers for an extra kick.

I've just made a gammon stew in mine, with plenty of veggies, and some stew/broth mix, got that to enjoy over the next couple of days .... yum yum :bliss::bliss::bliss:

Back