Slow losing

zombiegirl

After a few good losses (4lb and 3lb) I lost 2.5lb last week and think I have only managed 2lb if that third week. I have been 100% and have even upped my water to between 5-6l of fluid per day. Any ideas?

Hey lovely=) i know what you mean, after some really high numbers i then started loosing less after some weeks. But 2.5lbs and 2lb is still amazing! A loss is a loss and just think if you weren't on this programe would you have been able to do that? Don't let yourself feel any less of a super sense of achivement just because the losses aren't as big as before, it's just your body getting used to it. I don't know if you drink much water before your weigh in? Because if you are that might be affecting the scales, keep up the great work hunxxx

Nope try not to drink too much before weigh in and always wear the same clothes. The only thing I have had any different in the last few weeks is a few cups of black coffee, which I don't think makes any difference but I am going to quit it just in case

Are you doing a lot of exercise? That can cause you to lose less. Are you having all 4 packs every day? If not you will lose less. Are you constipated? Is your period due? If so you'll be retaining water and should see the difference in a week's time.

Have you measured yourself? You may be able to see your loss in inches even if not on the scales.

Hi Zombiegirl, I do so empathise with you but all the comments about "at least losing" are of course so right. As you can see even my first week wasn't terribly high compared to others considering how much I have to lose.
Its hard not to think that you're supposed to be able to lose up to 2lbs a week with WW or SW. I now remind myself that I didn't when I tried SW I only managed 1/2lb to 1lb.
So I guess we just have to get our heads to accept our losses and be happy with losing something.

Weasey, why does too much exercise cause you to lose less?
I would have thought that you would be burning more calories and therefore more fat from our fat stores would have to be utilised.

As I don't drink coffee or "usual" tea and am fed up with peppermint I have tried some green tea with vanilla as its from leaf tea I assume its ok to have but can anyone confirm please.

Lots of exercise causes you to retain water whilst your mescles repair - so smaller loss on the scales but inches should be moving.

I'd be worried about the vanilla in the green tea - plain green tea is fine. You could also try nettle tea.

Thanks Weasey
guess it's still worth going to the gym then.
Shame about the vanilla. I just thought it would be alright.
Don't think I like nettle, not on it's own anyway.
Guess it'll have to be peppermint.

Well it was 2.5 again tonight and my LLC was asking me whether I had cheated. I haven't. Just have to keep going and hope for the best

ZG, sorry for you that it wasn't more and also horrid if LLC asked if you'd cheated as that would have made me feel that she expected more and a bit of a failure and that maybe she didn't believe that I hadn't cheated.
You know you haven't cheated and that you are doing all that you can to lose the weight you need to as quickly as your body will.
Just keep reminding yourself of this and stay with it.

Mr G, afraid I don't like redbush but I know lots of people do.

I have suffered with slow losses too. I upped my water, stopped eating bars, had more packs which are water based like soup and shakes and cut out caffeine. This really did help. Lately my losses have slowed again. I put this down to getting close to my target and doing more exercise. I know I am building muscle. I am happy to take it slow at this stage.

I know it can be disheartening when you are a slow loser compared to other people. My big bug bear is the fact that other people in my class cheat and still lose more than me.But I look at it this way: I am learning more by my slow and steady approach. I am learning that life isn't always going to deal me the best hand and that sticking it out even when the going gets tough means that I am achieving more than those others who cheat. I am learning much more than they ever will. I am learning disipline which will help me to maintain long term.

Good luck. I am sure things will pick up in time.

Thanks for encouraging words nzmegs
I will try to take them to heart (and stop going off course, don't think it was cheating as being honest with myself and everyone else) and learn along the way as you say.

Rosie - you are right "cheating" is not really an appropriate word. it feels a bit too much like food is the enemy and we all know that is a dangerous way to think. But going off course, not sticking to the diet or however you want to put it are all things which are part of the process. the best thing to do is learn from them.

Just because i have been 100% it doesn't mean that i won't sabotage myself at some point in the future. it is more likely to be after my goal is reached because then i will feel like I can relax.

Good luck to you Rosie and to Zombie. Give it time to settle and things will start to pick up again.

Back