Slow loss

Hi all,
So I'm doing slimming world from home just done 3rd weigh in 8lbs in total but my husband is also doing it & lost 17.5lbs 😳. I'm on the Facebook groups too & people loose soooo much in 1 week.

Seems like a such a slog to have only lost 8lbs in 3 weeks when I have about 8 stone to loose.

I do feel much better in myself & will keep going but it is disheartening when I see such big losses.

Hi chocolover, 8lbs in 3 weeks is great, don't knock it! And please, try not to compare yourself to others. It's your personal journey. Enjoy it, no mattter how long it takes. I also took the scenic route, I had ups and downs but it was all worth it in the end :). And men generally lose weight quicker than women, that's a fact (an annoying fact though!).

I personally would not mix SW and intermittant fasting as I would feel deprived on a fasting day and probably get fed up and frustrated (hence would then fall off the waggon). It would feel too much like being on a "diet". But that's me, you may cope better with fasting days? :cool:

I personally just find fasting cuts out the obsession about what to eat all the day through and creates a much healthier relationship with food. (Although I still have my off days). And it has fantastic health benefits, it would go great with slimming world. I've been fasting for a year and I've never felt better. Skin looks great. Dropped 2st using intermittent fasting alone but started on exante to speed up my loss for a wedding. I've lost a further 2 stone.

Human kind where not made to wake up and eat straight away, we would have to hunt for food or forage. Breakfast being the most important meal is a lie.
And alot of people get on fantastic with fasting, and see not only weight loss but amazing health benefits.

I've tried every other diet going and I genuinely think intermittent fasting is the best thing I've ever done for myself. And I will continue it for life.
I'm sure it's not for everyone but for me and many others it's been a life saver.

Exactly. And I think eating all day every day is one of them things we where not made to do.
But we do them anyway. And the populations that do eat all day are the most obese and sick populations, and the populations who practise fasting on a spiritual or dietary level are the most healthy and long living. You cannot argue with the fact eating is carcinogenic on our bodies (proven in studies), and therefore not in our best interest to eat as often as we do.

Any who my original comment was meant to be helpful as I found it helped me alot and gave had amazing health benefits from fasting. And has really helped my obsessive thoughts around food and eating.
I was merely suggesting it to OP.
No need to knock it, especially if you have not tried it yourself (And if you had you wouldn't knock it to begin with).

My losses were not as high as my husbands in the first few weeks. Possibly because I was already eating fairly healthily before I joined SW. The fact is, you're still achieving healthy losses - you're doing great. Don't be disheartened, don't compare yourself to anyone else loss wise, and don't give up. Stick with it, and also be prepared to stick with it even when you have weeks that aren't great. All the best with your losses.

Back