Slush Mug

jayneharrison

I just had to start a thread to sing the praises of my beloved Slush Mug. I bought one just over a week ago and have used it every single day since.

Stick a Mullerlight or any other syn-free yoghurt into it and ten minutes later, you have gorgeous, fruity and creamy frozen yoghurt.

Use a few syns on fresh fruit juice and mix up all kinds of tropical combinations for a really tasty, zingy slush puppy. You don't add any ice to it so the flavours aren't watered down at all.

My favourite though has got to be using a HEXA of skimmed milk, a teaspoon of your favourite instant coffee (love the new Kenco Millicano stuff) and a level tablespoon of Hershey's Lite Chocolate syrup for a 1 syn mocha frappuccino! This is heaven for me, as Starbucks Frappuccinos were one of my downfalls - even the lite ones come in at around 10 syns each :eek:

Although I've not tried it, I bet using a HEXA of skimmed milk and a serving of one of the Crusha lite syrups would be lush too.

The Slush Mugs are a tenner each from Firebox.com. Mine was delivered in 2 days and has so far been worth every penny :)

I've just ordered one! :D

Thanks for this post.
I have just ordered one from amazon (firebox sell on there too),so was quicker for checking out as i have an account.
Looking forward to trying a "frappaccino".

nikki299 said:
Thanks for this post.
I have just ordered one from amazon (firebox sell on there too),so was quicker for checking out as i have an account.
Looking forward to trying a "frappaccino".

Ooo so tempting to look for one now as I have an amazon account with my card registered so i just do one click purchases lol
Have just had a look at them and they look great, my only quibble is that they don't work with diet drinks :(
Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welshtigger said:
Ooo so tempting to look for one now as I have an amazon account with my card registered so i just do one click purchases lol
Have just had a look at them and they look great, my only quibble is that they don't work with diet drinks :(

Having your card registered is dangerous....I'd spend a fortune! :)

I WANT ONE !!!!!

Thank you! I've just ordered one from amazon at £7.99 free p&p (will save you hunting for the cheapest one!) :D

I will definately be using it to make the fraps...miss them so much, after years i had one on monday...the light one is...:jelous:

blonde8 said:
Just out of interest why doesn't it work or why wouldn't it work with diet drinks!x

It says on firebox that it needs sugar for the process to work!!

Welshtigger said:

One of the comments on firebox said they used diet coke with 3 tsp of sugar. I'm going to try this-still only 3 syns then!

jayneharrison where did you get your Hershey's syrup? It sounds lovely!

It is! I work over the road from Aldi and when I nipped in for milk last week, they had it then (lite and regular versions). They seemed to have a lot of American products on offer, so I guess they were having a themed promotion.

This is true, but when I've made plain frappuccinos (i.e. just skimmed milk and instant coffee) it's worked just as well and there's definitely no sugar there. I'd be tempted to give it a go with some Pepsi Max because that would be amazing, but I'm currently going cold turkey on the fizzy!

jayneharrison said:
It is! I work over the road from Aldi and when I nipped in for milk last week, they had it then (lite and regular versions). They seemed to have a lot of American products on offer, so I guess they were having a themed promotion.

Possibly 4th July promo??

Back