Smelly Elle's fantastic diary: Weight Loss? What Weight Loss?

Arrrr... well, my friend told me today lol that i've been ill since the 2nd January! So i suppose that hasn't helped. I'm still feeling rough and i've been eating my weight in biscuits etc, especially at night. Like today i went the whole day then about an hour ago i sat down to a cup of tea with my nan and had a couple of dark chocolate wafer-y biscuit things and the thought, OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE ELLE YOU STUPID THING. WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS??!! i'm finding it really hard to stop myself. totm isn't helping either. ugh.... this is poo. i'm supposed to be starting new in 2009 not gaining all the weight i lost again. And now im very bloated and scalding myself.

xxx

Hi Elle. It's so easy to do that when you're feeling crappy x

don't beat yourself up about it hon. it will just make you want to comfort eat even more. set yourself a new mindset, decide what you want to achieve, set realistic goals and go for it. try thinking of nutrition rather than dieting while you are ill and weight loss will follow.

don't fret babes. you'll get there :)

abz xx

You're not well...it's allowed. You'll be fine :)

Hi Puggso - she's doing great isn't she - a little blip can be sorted when she feels better - Get well soon Elle x

Hi Puggso - she's doing great isn't she - a little blip can be sorted when she feels better - Get well soon Elle x

Hey Gem...I agree. If the body's fighting a disease she'll put the energy from the calories to good use anyway!

haha why thanks. well, still feeling poo but think im getting better. however, my grandad, well, he's in hospital. i want to go and see him but at the same time i dont think i should what with being ill. hopefully i can go tomorrow if i'm feeling better.

today i've kept a food diary in order to be more aware of what im eating. i also went for a 40 minute walk, which is all we could manage because of how flipping cold it was. we went to sutton park and Jim, the lake has completely frozen over! pretty but i felt like a sliding torso - couldn't feel my legs for love nor money.

xx

You are right to stay away from the hospital while you are ill, not only so you do't pass anything on to your grandad but your own immune system will be low and you could pick up more bugs yourself. I know how horrible it is, there have been times when my grandparents have been in hospital and I've been ill and unable to visit. It's the safest way though. I hope you feel better soon x

I've had to do that too Elle. You are better off keeping in touch with the ward by phone and they may even take it so you can speak but theres no point compounding problems. Hope you feel better soon and all is well x

My mum said he was looking fine, they left him reading the newspaper, so i'm not TOO worried. :)

Well, my food diary for today looks like this (by the way I slept till 11:30, naughty naughty, so no morning times on this...:p)

12pm - 1 bowl of bran flakes

40 minute walk

4:15pm: Tomato & Mozzarella Panini
Fruit Salad

5pm: 34 cal hot chocolate

8pm: chicken & green bean stew, with a very small amount of potato (i avoided it but got little crumby bits stuck in it)

8:30pm: 1 plum

half an hour playing on wii

9:30pm: half a stick of celery

Guys it's quarter past 10 and im feeling quite hungry :S im considering going for a cuppa and perhaps an orange.

xxx

Glad he's holding up well and that you are back "in the zone" which is more than I can say for me (hence only 3 squatters gone this week) x

lol not sure about being back in the zone but im certainly trying. which is why it looks like ill have to pass on having some of my cousin's birthday cake tomorrow night. well.. tonight really, haha. she's an impressive 24 years of age and what have i been doing? getting ready for bed? god no! ive been coming up with a rhyme to celebrate the massive 8 months difference there is between us :p

There once was a birthday girl, Helena,
Who turned 24, yes, I'm tellin' ya!
And thus she was told,
Corr blimey! That's old!
Your age has become a phenomena!

She said to her cousin, that's Elena,
What's your age? And she said, 'Not tellin ya!'
'But as far as things go, I think you should know,
Eight month's difference is pretty spectacular!

The birthday girl called to Miss Sergi, (that's me)
Who's currently sick with the lurgi,
Dear cousin, said she,
Twenty four I may be,
But oh well, at least I ain't thirty!

Not quite there in all places but we've been blessed with similar (named after our nan) and almost un-rhymable names lol.

xxx

i love it elle :D

your food diary looks great to me :D and you are doing really well. hope you are feeling a wee bit better today.

abz xx

Haha Good limerick Elle - that should raise a laugh at the party x

Hello there all! I have a very funny video to show you all on facebook! Hope you have all seen pirates of the caribbean, but you don't have to have seen it to find this funny!

YouTube - Why is the Rum Gone? - Remix

enjoy, and happy sunday ;) xxx

Hi Elle :wavey:
I've just stumbled upon your diary via puggso's and thought I'd pop in and say hello :)
I tried to catch up with all of your diary but i sort of skimmed through a lot of it sorry :rolleyes:
But two things
1) Well flippin' done on your weight so far I can't wait till my ticker looks like yours - so close lol!
2) Those pics of Edinburgh look bloody gorgeous & made me wish i'd applied to the uni there
Have a good Sunday
Daisy x

Back