Smokes- starting again.

Hi smokes

If its a ready made pot of sugar free jelly its coming up at 0.5syn that extra 2syns saved is nearly another vodka :p

Yes it was!!!
Oooo you shouldn't have said that capricorn as I was just thinking about another vodka and was actually weighing up whether to have another vodka or a pink and white!! Now I can have both!!! :D
Thanks!!
So thats 5 syns so far today, with another vodka and pink and white making it 10 syns!!

Well I had cake today!
Went for a coffee, what am I supposed to do?! Sit there watching others eat when I am really hungry!!
I don't know how many syns it was (it was a bakewell tart) but I haven't had any so far today and I'm under for my total for the week. It was also my lunch as I didn't have anything for lunch so I'm hoping damage won't be too bad! (Listen to me making all these excuses!!) Anyway it is done now and it was bloomin lovely!!!
Other than cake breakfast was muesli (HEB) and millk (HEA) muller yoghurt.
Tea will be a pork chop, jacket potato and vegetables, and a corn on the cob.

Glad you enjoyed the cake, Smokes. A little of what we fancy does us good :p

Just so you know though:

Basic/Non Branded Foods Cakes, Bakewell tart, individual average each

10½ Syns on Extra Easy Original 10½ Syns Green 10½ Syns

:giggle:

Thanks for that JJ!
Morning everybody! how is everyone this Sunday morning?
I've just had a yummy cooked breakfast!!
Bacon (fat trimmed), 2 Morrison sausages (1syn), beans, fried egg, whole meal toast (HEB), spread (1syn).
I am off to Gatcombe horse trials today so not sure what I'll be eating as it'll depend what is there. Hopping there will be a Jacket Potato stall there as there always used to be. If not I will just have to try and be sensible.
Hope everybody enjoys their day!

Im glad you have gotten over your bad few days... seems you are back in the zone :) Hope i can follow suit after my naughty few days lol. Congrats on passing your course, enjoy your break until the next term :D xxx

Have a lovely day at Gatcombe, Smokes. What are the horses up for? :rotflmao: (Sorry - couldn't resist :p)

Hope you find a potato stall - the're usually at these type of events. It's just walking past the burger vans to find them that's the hard part ;) Best of luck my lovely :cross:

Well I am back from Gatcombe and I did good!!
Lots of lovely food stalls - burgers, pig roast, baguettes, scotch eggs, sweets etcetc but the big cooked breakfast did the job and I wasn't hungry! I had an ice cream - cone, flake and mr whippy style ice cream - no idea how many syns?!! And had some fruit salad as found a stall selling fresh fruit salad! was lovely and refreshing as it was quite warm and completely free!!!
Came home and had a cavery, had a couple of roast potatoes (couple of syns each) and a small yorkshire, so am hopefully just within my syns or not much over if I am over! (I know I'm bad for not calculating them exactly! But its hard when you don't have access to syns online)
Have a training day at work tomorrow which will be very boring!

Im glad you have gotten over your bad few days... seems you are back in the zone :) Hope i can follow suit after my naughty few days lol. Congrats on passing your course, enjoy your break until the next term :D xxx

Thanks Karen! Hope you've got back on track?

Well today I had boring Mandatory training. Kinda seemed a waste of time as the morning was a repeat basically of what I have been taught at uni, but the trust won't accept uni certificates so I have to do their training! So it was resus, manual handling and conflict resolution today! I always find the manual handling a bit awkward as weight is obviously discussed with regards to patient weight when you need to move them and what different equipment may be needed. we were discussing the maximum load of the patient beds, trolleys, and then the lecturer said you must even consider the toilet. One girl said I'd never think of a toilet having a maximum weight and the lecturer said no people don't think they just sit down, for example those chairs your sat on have a limit of 16stone but did anyone think what they might take before sitting on them. No I didn't, but I suddenly feel really bad that I am technically too heavy to be sat on those chairs. :eek:

Anyway, today looks like -
Breakfast - strawberries, raspberries, banana
Snack - alpen light (3.5syns)
Lunch - tuna sandwich (HEB), cheese curls (3.5syns) satsuma
Dinner - SW burger, Morrisons sausages x 2 (1 syn), bacon, baked beans, SW Wedges.
So far 8syns. HEA used on milk in tea.

I also bought the womans own magazine with the free SW membership just in case I decide to go back to group!!

Evening smokes

Its crazy what you have to think about where weight is concerned.. we have one of those god awful "floating toilets" -you know, those daft ones that come out of the wall and don't touch the floor :eek: -when we first got here I really thought I was gonna have it off the wall -but it has survived :p. Give me a good ole lavvy thats fastened to the floor anyday :D
Sounds like you had a good day yesterday..mmmm hog roast :drool:. If you ever need to check on syns -give me a yell I do SW online so I can always look it up fro you ;)
have a good evening and keep up the great work,,,

No a floating toilet doesn't sound fun!! Apparently most toilets take around 24stone! Though in the new block of the hospital the toilets take 62stone!! The beds take upto 39 stone but whilst they might take tht weight you really wouldn't have much room and I think it'd be a bit unsafe for the patient!!
Thanks for the other of looking things up! I kinda remember things that I have quite regularly it's just when I'm thinking of trying something new!
Well I am working tonight and tomorrow night so will have to see how that goes. Will count my days from midnight to midnight.
I'm struggling a bit this week. I think it's because I know the weekend is hard. Going away to the bulldog bash on Thursday evening so will be camping over the weekend. Will be eating what ever food is there. Have been told there is normally a jacket potato stall, and also a fresh fruit stall so I'm going to have to try and be good but think the burger bars and pig roast will b hard to avoid all weekend!! Because we are going on the bikes we are limited what we can take. We have a mini-cooking ring so we can boil a kettle to have tea whenever we want it. I'm going to take some mug shots so we've got something we can munch on. Also will probably take some fibre plus bars. But because I'm thinking I'm not really going to be on plan over the weekend I feel whay bother this week - which I know is not the attitude cos if I'm fairly sensible I can limit the damage!!
So far today I have had -
Breakfast - strawberries, banana, raspberries, Muller yoghurt.
I'm going to make a spag bol for tea using a Dolmio light jar (5.5syns) so between 2 will be 3syns each.
Not sure about lunch. I'm taking my car in for MOT and will go back to bed for a bit of kip this afternoon so might not bother with a proper lunch but will see how I hungry I feel!
I also need to decide what to take to work to eat.

:cry: :( :sigh:
That is how I feel.
After my last post I decided to get on the Wii, as it was last Tuesday I weighed myself.
I have put on 1lb.
Now I know I wasn't that good over the weekend cos I had a piece of cake and some ice cream on Sunday, but I was a lot better than I could've been! The old me would have had a burger/pork roll/fish and chips at Gatcombe as well as the ice cream!.
And its not like I pigged out, the cake replaced lunch so really it shouldn't have been too many calories more than what lunch would've been.
And whats life without the occasional treat?
I was so good in the week too.
I just seem to be so stuck, have been so close to getting 2 stone award but am now hovering 2-5lbs away from it. The first 1.5stone came off fairly easily without me feeling like I was missing out at all, I could have the occasional small slip up. But its now feeling if I want to go any further then I need to be really strict with myself.
Any suggestions guys? Maybe I need to try and fit some exercise in to help?
Writing off this week now as I have just bought and eaten a tuna baguette and some ice cream :break_diet: and what with being away the weekend.
Any suggestions ready for me on Monday morning would be appreciated.

Lovely please don't trust the Wii too much. It never seems to tell me my true weight and you honestly were not that bad at the weekend reading your diary (I could tell yo what I had in London at the weekend if you want to feel better?!!) Just start again as soon as you feel ready and focused xx

Right I am back!!
Had a good time at the Bulldog Bash, shame it rained which caused the drag strip to be cancelled on Saturday.
Wasn't so good diet wise and burgers, chips and pizza were consumed!! Whoops!
Never mind! Time to try and get back on track this week.
Am working 3 nights this week so will go and do some shopping in a bit to get some food to take to work.
Hope everybody else has had a good weekend?

Right, today has been an extra easy day
Breakfast - muller yoghurt
Snack - wispa (don't know how many syns but quite a few I should expect - can anybody help?)
Lunch - 2 quorn burgers
Dinner - chicken breast, jacket potato, spread (2syns) mixed veg.

I'm going to try and give some red days ago this week. I'm working tonight so am planning a red day from midnight.To take to work with me I have -
Tuna, lettuce, carrot, beetroot, cucumber, tomato.
Satsuma, apple, nectarine
Fibre plus (HEXB)
Morrisons cheese curls - 3.5syns

Whether I will eat all of it or not I don't know! I find with nights i'm either not that hungry or starving!
If anybody sees me going wrong on a red day please point it out to me as I am new to them!!

:sigh: :(
Not feeling well.
Think I have a UTI/cystitis.
Which means that whilst I have stuck to SW food wise I have had some Cranberry juice and some cystitis treatment which has sugar in so I'm sure contains syns. I did pick up the no added sugar cranberry juice as I thought that would be less syns, but I have drunk quite a bit and haven't a clue how many syns are in it.
I have stuck to my red day and it looks like this - since midnight I have eaten -
tuna salad, apple, nectarine, satsuma, cheese curls (3.5syns), fibre plus (HEB), chicken and sausage meat cake (1 syn and 1/2 HEXA), broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. I've used another 1/2 HEXA on milk so still have a B & A to use and have only had 3.5syns (apart form whats in cranberry juice).
Going to try another red day tomorrow, which will look very similar to today as I will take a tuna salad to work again and have the rest of the chicken cake for tea tomorrow.
Hope everybody else is having a good week?? Seems to have gone quiet on my diary!

Sorry to hear you aren't well honey. I hope you are feeling better very soon :gen126:

Take care of yourself and try not to worry about a few syns worth of cranberry juice. I'm sure it can't be that bad so take heart, you could have eaten as much as me the last few days :eek:

Hello all!
JJ - feeling slightly better but still have tummy ache so still drinking the cranberry and taking the medication.
Seeing how it is tonight then maybe a trip to Doctors tomorrow for some anti-biotic's if its no better.
Today has been a hard day. I worked last night but am not working tonight, which means I need my food during the night to keep me going, but then I only sleep a couple of hours then am up the rest of the day and I always seem to be hungry! I think it's because I'm tired!!
I was thinking about doing a red day and did have 2 HEBs as I was quite hungry at work last night but after having a carvery for tea am thinking I should be on a Extra Easy day - whichever I have gone over my syn allowance today!!!

Working nights is terrible on your system. You're never quite sure when is breakfast or when is dinner :confused:

I can really sympathise. When I started to work nights I kept my meals as they would have been during the day. In other words - when I got in at breakfast I had a light dinner, ate breakfast when I got up and lunch during the night. Then again, at first I was young, single and had no one else to worry about.

It all changed when I had the kids. Then it becomes harder as you don't sleep as long and finances mean you can't cook different meals for everyone else.

I'm not sure I could do it now, so I think you do very well to lose any weight :D Keep going sweetie - you will get there ;)

Yes JJ I know what you mean about it messes with your system!!
I generally do similar to you and when I wake up in the evening I have breakfast - but I do find I need something half decent otherwise I'm starving all night! But found some muesli and fruit seemed to do the job. I do have an OH but try and prepare him something at the start of the week so he has something he can ping!! I generally don't have anything to eat when I get in from my night shift in the morning as I don't really like to eat just before going to bed! If I do I tend to have fruit like an apple or banana!
Feeling worse today so have been in touch with doctors and will be picking up a prescription shortly! Have a tummy ache today. Am still drinking loads and not feeling too hungry at moment so thats a positive!! Also thinking of all the calories I'm burning keep getting up to the loo!!!
So far today I have eaten -
muller light, blueberries, blackberries, orange, cheese curls (3.5syns)>
Am not really sure what the day will bring as I don't feel like cooking/preparing much! Might have some pasta later with some bacon.

Back