Smug moment!!

Then I wanna see you jig come June when you make it into those jeans! :cool:

Jigging??? I'll be doing a full scale bump 'n' grind!!! :D :D

In answer to Geri's Q ... yes she DID mention my weight loss asking how I'd managed it. I told her and she said she might check it out herself.

I couldn't feel TOO smug because I'm still technically 'obese' with a BMI of 32 (well, it was 32 before Christmas ... it's probably 42 by now!) but it has made me determined to get back on track and become 'slim proper' and not just 'thinner than when I started' which seems to be one of my problems - on every diet I have ever embarked upon in the past, I have never, ever reached goal: I always stop short and end up putting it back on again.

Let 2007 be the year I actually complete the journey and then I can be as smug as I like!! :)

Hiya debbie,
with 133lbs lost how could she not notice - was just wondering coz you know how some people never mention your weightloss (not you personally but in general) :D but then you know the silence says it all!!

Hope you manage to heal your rift, How is your dad doing?

Hi Geri - thanks for asking ... my dad was quite 'chipper' last night at the New Year's Party held by my youngest sister. It was quite poignant though as it's a strong possibility that it was the last New Year he'll ever see so it was bitter-sweet at midnight.

My estranged sister was invited and duly turned up (my parents haven't seen her for about six years) but she brought a bloke with her who I can only describe as a total pillock!
He spent most of the evening talking very loudly on his phone, completely oblivious to the rest of us trying to be sociable and hold conversations. Just plain rude in my humble opinion!

Anyway, it all went reasonably well and there was much reminiscing back to happier times which made us laugh a lot: always a good thing I think.

We'll have to see where things go from here - but we're making every effort for my dad's sake. :)

Aww Deb,
such an emotional time for you, i can only begin to imagine, (hugs for you)

some people are just plain rude - if he had any sense about him he would've stayed off his phone...

Least you were able to see the new year in with Dad and reminis about happier times :D

just noticed from your ticker you havnt got far to go now - good luck with that during this stressful time for you :p

Back