Snack Bars?

Tracyx

Silver Member
Hi Guys,

Me & my dad are both doing W8 so are allowed 4 mealpacks + a snack a day which can be one of their chocolate snackbars. For the last few months their bars have been out of stock (supplier problems) so my dad is really missing his chocolate fix so I am trying to find a replacement.

Their bars cannot be taken instead of a mealpack as you must have your 4 mealpacks then the bar is optional so I'm assuming they are snackbars and not meal replacement bars.

They have 150cals, 13g protein & 13g carbs so am I right to think that while they are out if stock he could have something like an Atkins bars instead?

Tracyx

I think he could have an Atkins bar but I think the chocolate ones may be higher in calories than that or maybe look at the Dietimeal bars from the Low Carb Megastore.

The Slim and Save bars only have around 15g of carbs or less I think.

Thankyou you are right about the slim & save bars, I was looking at the carbs per serving which I didn't realise was for two bars as a meal replacement, I though 29g of carbs was a bit high for a bar :D

And the Dietimeal "Snackbars" are even lower so he can try them too :)

I think the Dietisnack bars have more calories tho so watch that xx

Thanks for that, I actually noticed they don't give you the calories for a few of the snackbars on the website only carbs/protein which i though was strange, so they are probably higher in cals ;)

Last edited:
I noticed that too and it's quite baffling. Surely we VLCD-ers need as much info as we can get. Why are carbs / sugars shown but calories not? I know we aren't counting cals but it is the kind of additional info I would like to have, while managing my nutritional intake. On that note, does anyone know the calorie content of Lipotrim maintenance soup sachets? Should try the other forum I know, but everyone is so knowledgeable here!

Have a look on the Avidlite site. There is more nutritional info available there for the Dietimeal / snack bars than on the Low Carb Megastore.

Back