Snack ideas?

i know its still fruit and veg but i find dipping them into something makes it taste a bit better

i dip fruit into yoghurt and carrot/cucumber/pepper sticks into a garlic dip made with EL mayo which is tasty, or you could mix a tbsp of ketchup with a tbsp of EL mayo which makes a kind of marie rose sauce like you get on prawn cocktail which tastes quite good with veg sticks :) xx

Thankyou, fruit nd yoghurt sounds nice, run out though need to go shopping x

I always do either Green or Red days so have two hexb.

I have 1 hexb for breakfast with fruit & yoghurt.

For morning & afternoon snacks I do have fruit, but I do enjoy it, I vary it by buying what is in season.

For my supper I'll usually have my other hexb.

I'm aware this doesn't really answer your question.

You could try eating more at meals times & see if that helps for inbetween meal times hunger;)

Scan bran cake! It's so filling that you probably won't need anything else after it!

Or.. seeing as it's summer, mini Twister lollies! 2 syns each and they're really yummy. Not good for hunger but still!

I got this recipe from here somewhere, it's for a syn free humous which is amazing, emma-louise already suggested the carrot/cucumber sticks you could have them with this too!

Put these ingredients into a food processor and mix

1 can drained chickpeas (reserve the water)
2 garlic cloves
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 or 3 tbsp vlf yog /fromage frais / 0% greek yoghurt etc
pinch cayenne pepper

If it is too thick use some of the reserved chickpea water a tbsp at a time to thin it.
This makes a hummus style dip - free on gree. Store, covered, in the fridge.

i tend to snack on sweetcorn because i love it!!! but if i find im really hungry those little snack pots of beans are quite good to chuck in the microwave and munch on xx

Hi there i know you have to snack on extra easy days on fruit and veg but if you have a couple of red and green days you could try the things below. Personally i have them as snacks on extra easy too and then just ensure i have fruit and vegetables to counteract it.

Red Day - Bacon, Onion and Tuna Flan, this is so simple and tastes great cold. If you like the sound of it let me know i will post the recipe. Cold Chicken Drumsticks cooked without skin, Boiled Eggs, Ham Individual Quiches.

Green Day - Cold Savoury Rice, Pasta N Sauce, Mugshots, Homemade Houmous, Spanish Frittata Cold, Dhal Loaf cold or warm, Mushy Peas.

The lists are endless. Let me know if this helps and i will think up some more for you.

snack help please!!

sorry I haven't been on in a while but I need help for low fat snack just some general ideas like ww snacks e.g brownies just need some syns outline for me :D thank you!!!! xox

I have been looking thorugh but already know quite a few things that I can eat but not really much on snacks and i don't have much time to look cause I look after my baby most of the day but thank you :D

help with evening snack

Hi
Am pretty new to this, just need ideas for a sweet snack after dinner other than muller light/fruit. love chocolate and biscuits....who doesn't -eh?
thanks

If I fancy something sweet in the evening I usually have a mug of options (2.5syns) and a pink n white biscuit (2.5syns) you use up 5syns but both are really filling and help with the chocolate and sweet cravings

kellogs fibre plus bar? one is a HEB or they are 5.5syns (I think!)

I have sugar free jelly (0.5syns for quarter of a pack made up), with chopped fruit and low fat creme fraiche (1.5syns per tbspn) quite often.

Tesco value corn crisps are 3.5syns per pack and come in multi pack of 12 with 3 flavours - cheesey (like wotsits), salt and vingear sticks and onion rings - they can be a bit cardboardy at first but they definitely hit the spot when you want crisps.

HTH

x

this is great - have added the Options to my shopping list and also just discovered someone talking about Alpen Light Cho n fudge cereal bars.

thanks!

Chocolate snack a jacks are also a way to fend of the choccie cravings cant remeber of the top of my head how many syns at the mo but sure they are not very high

this is great - have added the Options to my shopping list and also just discovered someone talking about Alpen Light Cho n fudge cereal bars.

thanks!

I love the Alpen Light bars, but the Kellogs fibre ones are more chocolatey (but 5.5 syns)

I went through a phase of having fruit and muller light with Hex B (2 bars) Alpen light chocolate and fudge chopped up and mixed through. Surprising how naughty it tasted!

If i fancy something sweet, before I reach for something that I have to syn I have some Onken fat free vanilla or Strawberry yoghurt. It's sweet enough to satisfy my taste buds and no syn's. It's much nicer than Muller yoghurt and I always have one open in the fridge just in case.

chocolate sprinkles vanilla muller light - smash up some curly wurly on top, stir in, and freeze - yum!!!

or melt a kelloggs fibre plus in the microwave (10 seconds) and stir into a mullerlight and top with a merengue!

x

Back