Snow

jaylou

Gold Member
Just wondering....who is stuck at home because of the snow??

I had to abandon my trip to the office this morning and return back home :( , guides has been cancelled for my daughter tonight and i'm just waiting for the call to say the school is closing!! :mad:

Who likes it and who hates it??:dancing_snowman:

I LOVE snow. I am at work at the moment but am finishing at 12.30pm today so I can curl up under the blanket with a film. xx

I am off work on maternity leave anyway, i love it :D

But im going to miss my birthday meal out tonight as there is more heavy snow due this evening. i've been looking forward to it for ages :cry:

Well last night my 7 year old was sick so he is off school unwell as when he has tummy bugs it is very difficult to keep his blood sugar high, he is type 1 diabetic so he is not eating so i need to keep giving him lucozade so he doesn't have a hypo. His sugar level was 2.1 last night at one point. Today is the first day of the snow up here and it coming down thick and fast and apparently it is to get worse. I love the snow, and i'm having the best day, we are all still in our jammies cuddled up on the couch watching telly with the heating up. Oh is at work. And i'm making a big pot of pasta with a chillie sauce for my lunch. I love that on days like this i don't have to eat salads and can tuck into good warm filling comfort food.

weve only had a small amount :(
so still gotta go work

It's snowing in Bristol at the moment... the rooftops are white and the grass is nearly all covered. Really big fluffy snow coming down. It's beautiful!

LOVE IT!! I still have to commute 40 mins from Manchester to Preston but I don't mind. I think there will be more tonight, and it's thicker at home than Preston, which seems to have almost nothing in comparison!

I want more, cos we cannot make snow things or even sled yet...I'm in the South West (Bristol)...it rarely hangs about here these days and only snowed really thickly at around lunchtime (was out running in it brrrr!)

we had it this morning, then it stopped melted, started again, hope it sticks tonight as were supposed to get it bad tonight, think were the only place thats not covered i snow on the forcast.. but were due it tonight tomorrow and wed.. yippeee excited love liverpool in the snow!!!

We are covered in it here, and it is snowing thick at the moment.

My daughter is off school and my driving lesson was cancelled so we have been making snowmen in the garden. lol

I love it when i can stay at home, it is so nice to be nice warm and cosey inside and see the snow through the window. I hate having to travel in it though!

Me and my partner are stuck at home. He works in London and no trains are going there from where we are. I only work a 30 min drive away but the roads are so slippy the traffic people are saying only make emergency trips.

Its quite nice being at home but as the snow is still bucketing down i wonder if i'll be working tomorrow?:confused:

Me and my partner are stuck at home. He works in London and no trains are going there from where we are. I only work a 30 min drive away but the roads are so slippy the traffic people are saying only make emergency trips.

Its quite nice being at home but as the snow is still bucketing down i wonder if i'll be working tomorrow?:confused:

London looks dreadful on the news and seems the Capital has ground to a halt! We don't do very well in the snow in this country!! It's still heavy in Lincs. :sigh:

Gorgeous here in Nottingham - am so excited about building first snowman with my children. Have picture postcard images of little red noses and flushed cheeks running through my mind....bring on four o'clock and home time...

And also, let's all pray for so much tonight that we can't go to work tomorrow!!!! Hoorah!

I usually love the snow but today I HATE it! I'm stuck in the house and I had so much to do today, needed to go out to look for a job and needed to go to the gym. Wanted to go and see friends and my boyfriend too but none of that is gonna happen now. Plus I know some of my friends are out and about enjoying the snow... grrr! :cry::(

OOH, it's still snowing here in Bristol...fingers crossed it settles so we can do stuff with it tomorrow...I haven't let the snow get me down, was running in it earlier today...if you cannae get to the gym do some power walking or jogging...brrrrrr but way cool!

Back