Snow's healthy living ramblings

Everytime you binge and get back on plan you are strengthening the response and teaching your mind so it becomes easier to stop if it happens again.

Keep up the great work.

Big goal - 35lb in 35 weeks
1st mini goal - 8.5 by Feb 11th DONE!!!

Weigh-in day Tuesday
Week 1-4 - 10.5lb gone

That's very true Laura. Thanks

EE today
B: Salmon light lunch 1 syn, ww dessert yoghurt
L: Lentil and veg soup, melon
D: Salmon risotto (may add some chorizo to this and syn it if i can get some on the way home)

Snacks
Salt and vinegar snack a jacks 4 syns
4 Fruit yoyos (HEB)

Drinks
2 x jug of sugar free ribena (3 litres)
2 coffee (splash milk 1 syn)
diet coke

HEB
fruit yoyo
HEA
70g philli in risotto

Syns
5 so far snack ajacks and light lunch

Steps (yest)
10135/8000

Looks like you had a really good day yesterday, snow. Hitting those 10k steps and food looks great too. :)

6.5 on tonight.

don't worry about it x
after my just '3' day binge last week , it put 4.5 lbs on me!
It is quite shocking though how easily from eating so called 'junk' we can put it back on:sigh:

stay on plan though, and it will soon come back off plus some x

(after my last weigh in though i didn't need any persuading to get back on plan ! :D)

don't worry about it x
after my just '3' day binge last week , it put 4.5 lbs on me!
It is quite shocking though how easily from eating so called 'junk' we can put it back on:sigh:

stay on plan though, and it will soon come back off plus some x

(after my last weigh in though i didn't need any persuading to get back on plan ! :D)

I know! I didn't think I ate 6.5lbs worth of junk so it just goes to show. Back on plan now.

Sorry about the gain but you know why & you're moving on stronger x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com
Yeah it just shows how silly it is to fall into binging but back on plan now.

Sorry to hear about that gain snow. Try not to let it send you off track; a good week & that plus more could be off next week x

Thanks! I hope so! It's a big step back but only thing for getting it off is to stick to plan.

Green today
B: Porridge with water HEB
L: Tin spaghetti (5 syns) with melon for afters
D: pasta bake (both HEA of cheese on this)

Snacks
mini bag popcorn 4/5 syns
2 hifi lights (HEB)

Drinks
diet coke

HEB
porridge and hifi lights
HEA

60g cheddar
Syns
5 popcorn
5 tinned spag

Steps (yest)
10172/8000

Not silly at all - we've all done it. Congratulate yourself for getting back on it xx

Well I have had bad weeks and binges before and put a couple of lb on but I am hoping this week will make me think twice about it as I've never put that much on before. I only put 5.5 when i was on steroids and never stopped eating so hopefully some shock therapy there.

Couple of changes for today
10 syns of popcorn - the canteen at work did not have the coconut and vanilla popcorn which i was planning to buy and sneak into the cinema so I bought a multi pack at the pound shop on the way to the cinema (always tempting) split it with my friend so we each had three small bags each and I ate two of mine. Will take the other and stash in my work draw for a treat.
Also bought a primo skimmed sugar free vanilla latte at costa in the cinema - the syrup was sugar free so should be free and google tells me that a primo coffee in costa is 340 mls so going to count that as one of my HEA's and just have 30g of cheese.

so hopefully some shock therapy there.

You know, I think that's spot on Snow love - you put it on quickly but a gain really helps with focus and you will whooshie it off in no time too! xxx

A bit later - I was googling binge eating - because I think that's what I do too every now and again - and found this, which seemed to have some good tips from someone who knows - I hope you don't mind me posting it here, and maybe you'll get something of use from it xxx

http://www.niashanks.com/20-tips-binge-eating/

Last edited:
Shock therapy helps, and it usually IS a shock when you put on more than a couple of pounds, mine certainly shocked me back on track :)

Popcorn....i had some today it was sweet'n'salty....really nice it was too and only 4 syns for the bag :)(part of multi-pack)

Sorry to hear about your gain. Sounds like you're back on track though :)
It's amazing how much difference a small bit junk food can make in our diets!

You know, I think that's spot on Snow love - you put it on quickly but a gain really helps with focus and you will whooshie it off in no time too! xxx

A bit later - I was googling binge eating - because I think that's what I do too every now and again - and found this, which seemed to have some good tips from someone who knows - I hope you don't mind me posting it here, and maybe you'll get something of use from it xxx

20 Tips for Breaking Free from Binge Eating

No I don't mind at all- that is really helpful and some good tips there. I am going to stick in my bookmarks to read again when I feel like I might go off the rails.

Shock therapy helps, and it usually IS a shock when you put on more than a couple of pounds, mine certainly shocked me back on track :)

Popcorn....i had some today it was sweet'n'salty....really nice it was too and only 4 syns for the bag :)(part of multi-pack)

yes! I think it will definitely make me think in future because in the past I've put 2lb after a binge and that hasn't seemed like it was that bad- I really like the sweet and salty - you get a lot for 4 syns. I think I had two packs as I got the toffee butterkist as it was the only one available and you get a lot less for your five syns as the toffee adds to weight and calories. I bought a pack of multipack popcorn from tesco this morning that is only 3 syns!

Sorry to hear about your gain. Sounds like you're back on track though :)
It's amazing how much difference a small bit junk food can make in our diets!

I'm getting there!

Love popcorn! And definitely lower in syns than cinema stuff- they do lower calorie ones in the pound shop too. I got some that is only 2.5syns (around 50kcal)
Xxx

My pound shop only had butterkist but I did get 3 syn popcorn from tesco this morning!

EE today
B: Salmon light lunch 1 syn, ww dessert yoghurt
L: jacket potato with salad and ham light mayo (2 syns)
D: SW ready meal (not sure which one)

Snacks
Discos 7 syns
4 Fruit yoyos (HEB)

Drinks
vimto zero
500 ml water

HEB
fruit yoyo
HEA
might get cheese with my jacket?

Syns
7 discos
1 light lunch

Steps (yest)

8084/8000

My bus was so late yesterday I missed dancefit which annoyed me.

EE today
B: Bacon sandwich (HEB) 1 syn ketchup
L: Salmon light lunch 1 syn,

D: think i might do roast dinner - if i make mash i can use my HEA in it

Snacks
popcorn 3 syns
2 Fruit yoyos (3 syns)

Drinks
vimto zero

HEB
wholemeal bread
HEA
?
Syns
3 fruit yoyo
1 light lunch
1 ketchup
3 popcorn
Steps (yest)

8037/8000

I was really annoyed too - not least because I also had to stand in the dark and cold for 40 min.

Yesterday I did do a sort of roast dinner - I had a migraine at work (but I couldn't leave and so I managed to stave the worst of it off with almotriptan) but then started feeling really exhausted about 4:30 so finished then and got a lift most of the way home and got in around 5 and went straight to bed. My OH woke me about 7:40 at which point I started getting ready for work again convinced it was 7:40 in the morning apparently . . . though obviously even if had been it would have been saturday so no work - I made cheats roast dinner with iceland lamb in gravy which is free (not sure how it is free when it has gravy in but not going to argue) with mash and veg and then went right back to bed and slept until about 10 this morning!
It meant I missed my step goal though for the first time in ages which annoyed me but one of those things that just can't be helped.

EE SP today
B: 2 weetabix, water and sweetner ( HEB) pear
L: Lentil and veg soup, ham and pease pudding sandwich (HEB)

D: Brinner! Bacon, beans, fried onions, roast tomatoes, going to do cheese cake for afters with my HEA and strawberries

Snacks
monster claws 4.5
cherry fruit bar 4.5
milk 0.5

Drinks
2 x jug of sugar free vimto (3 litres)
1 ltr water
coffee

HEBs
weetabix
wholemeal bread
HEA