so annoyed am i being daft

itsnowornever

hi all last night i was so annoyed with oh am was only on day 2 and i cooked him his tea and he came in the room with me to eat it ,but he was really getting on my nerves everything about the way he was eating was bugging me never really noticed it before but i could hear the knife and fork scraoing on the plate, and he kept looking at me drinking my shake i just filled up with anger and said do you have to eat like that,he turned round and said just coz your not eatin doesn t mean i have to starve myself,, aaarrrggghhh totally the wrong thing to say, to make matters worse he went to the fridge got aload of chocs ou and lined them up on the arm chair,, and ate them all

well i felt like giving in but i didn t pleased i never got on scales this morning and says i ve lost 5lb in 2 days
sorry to rant just had to get it of my chest

HIya
Don't worry about it - the first few day you will feel a little "on edge", you must remember - and him too - you are undertaking a massive change in your life and it will not only affect you, but those around you too. He is probably feeling a little apprehensive at how you will be changing before his eyes and leaving the old comfort zone, and you will be more tuned in to eating and eating habits, as you are not participating as you used to.
Stay strong and focused and this will pass.
Good Luck x

its hard at first, wherever u go it seems everyone is eating but u only notice it more because ur not, it does get a lot easier and things concerning food dont bug u the same, a great loss in 2 days and good for u that u didnt give in :D

My husband has always made a lot of noise when he eats. I can;t bear being in the same room as him. I wash up while the family are eating then have my soup after! That way I don;t have to listen to it!!!

Well done though for not giving up!!!!!

It's perphectly natural to be angry in the phirst phew weeks oph the diet, esp when some inconsiderate beggar has the audacity to eat in phront oph you!!!

I just walk out oph the room!

(sorry, my keyboards knackered! lol)

It will get better - last night, my bloke was dying phor a Chinese but didn't want to get one in case I got tempted - so I made him go and get one, just cos it's not phair on him. It didn't bother me a bit and today I'm at my goal weight, so it's all worth it!!

Keep on truckin, hun - you're doing brillo-pads!!!!

xx

I have to admit to being really annoyed with hubby last nite too...

He came in from his diving course with a large kebab and proceeded to sit next to me and eat it.

Now I don't actually like doner kebabs but the smell was so tempting. I tried to ignore it but like you I started noticing other little things about the way he eats that really began to wind me up (noisy being one of them) So I got up and went to bed.

Noisy eaters have always wound me up but I've never noticed him doing it until last nite - probably because I was quietly watching TV and not eating too.

He didn't realise that it was annoying me and it wasn't worth arguing about.

Well done on not giving in, unfortunately this diet does make us crankly for a while, but it will pass.

Good luck with today and your other half:p

my husband has a disgusting habit of eating chocolate biscuits in bed while he reads his book.

The first night on this diet, he woke me up cause he is so blood noisy and it really annoyed me. I told him he was a selfish barstool and made him stop. He hasnt done it since. He is trying his best to support me but those little annoying habits just get too much at times while we are trying our hardest to stick to the diet.

hi all last night i was so annoyed with oh am was only on day 2 and i cooked him his tea and he came in the room with me to eat it ,but he was really getting on my nerves everything about the way he was eating was bugging me never really noticed it before but i could hear the knife and fork scraoing on the plate, and he kept looking at me drinking my shake i just filled up with anger and said do you have to eat like that,he turned round and said just coz your not eatin doesn t mean i have to starve myself,, aaarrrggghhh totally the wrong thing to say, to make matters worse he went to the fridge got aload of chocs ou and lined them up on the arm chair,, and ate them all

well i felt like giving in but i didn t pleased i never got on scales this morning and says i ve lost 5lb in 2 days
sorry to rant just had to get it of my chest

Woohooo well done for not giving in, that was a really really tough challenge. It's times like that when I feel like eating too and I have to really really drag myself through it - well done you for not letting food win!

I hate noisy eaters and when I'm on this diet I notice I am very very snappy when people are eating. I recently had a bad patch where every day was a struggle for me to get through so my husband used to send me upstairs with the laptop whilst he and my son ate their dinner, then he'd clear it all away and call me back down after they'd finished.

Some days are easy peasy to get through aren't they, other days every minute seems like a battle.

Stay strong you CAN do it :)

PMSL at all of your stories. Yes, I thnk that your senses are all heightened when on SS and so notice and get irritated by every little thing. Plus, I tend to be quite grumpy and tense at tea times, I'm fine in the day, but thats my killer moment unfortunately, when the ones that you love are eating.

Don't you just love it when people tell you every minor detail of 'that fantastic meal' they went out for last night too? :eek::giggle:

Mind you saying that, I seem to be drawn to every cookery program on the planet whilst on this diet, find myself salivating over the tv :drool:

Hi itsnowornever,

It is funny the things that gets on our nerves once we are on a diet. Food acts like a sedation so we put up with a lot more and without it everything at times seems to get magnified. But after awhile some things slot back into the same old way, but some things don't:rolleyes:

I think it does take partners time to understand this diet and when they see it working and that your not actually being deprived they get comfortable with the changes and become more supportive.

Most the time the smell of cooking and husband eating is fine, but other times it gets to me and I have to leave him to it.

Well done for staying strong and on losing 5lbs. in two days:clap::clap::clap:

I think I must also watch every cookery programme on TV as well, they are very entertaining.

Love Mini xxx

Hi there, eating sounds and noisy eaters in general have always got on my nerves a bit, But I too have noticed that my temper has been a bit frayed the last couple of days...
I too am at the beginning.... and It's a learning curve....

have you tried sitting down and having a good chat to him, asking him what his worries are, asking him, if he actually wants you to lose weight?

I think sometimes partners can feel a bit threatened, after all as we lose weight our confidence soars and maybe they feel that they will not be man (or woman) enough for us once we have made changes.

My hubby is one of these who is nervous about me becoming a different woman! But I just tell him how much better the sex will be!!!!

Hope you feel brighter soon....

Anne

Don't you just love it when people tell you every minor detail of 'that fantastic meal' they went out for last night too? :eek::giggle:

Mind you saying that, I seem to be drawn to every cookery program on the planet whilst on this diet, find myself salivating over the tv :drool:
Oh yes...I get obsessed by cookery programs too, it's like some sick pleasure is got from it - when I did SS the first time I offered to cook whenever I could for people, just to be around for and get pleasure from them enjoying it, by proxy.

Just looked at your pics Kath, you have done great. What areas do you cover on your round as CDC?

My hubby is one of these who is nervous about me becoming a different woman! But I just tell him how much better the sex will be!!!!

PMSL, too true, I'm up for it, so much more when I feel good about myself, so it's win win.

Thankfully mine is very supportive most of the time, but after he starts noticing that I'm losing, strangely his keep fit regime soon kicks in, not sure if thats insecurity or competitiveness!!

Oh yes...I get obsessed by cookery programs too, it's like some sick pleasure is got from it - when I did SS the first time I offered to cook whenever I could for people, just to be around for and get pleasure from them enjoying it, by proxy.

Just looked at your pics Kath, you have done great. What areas do you cover on your round as CDC?

Lol, yes what is that all about - it's a sick and twisted pleasure in deed :rotflmao:

Ooh those pics are old ones I bet, must get myself a new one sorted and stick them on here :)

I tend to buy him liver when I'm feeling weak as I hate it and he loves, although even liver looks nice when I'm on SS.

Lol, I'm obsessed with meat on this diet - after being a vegetarian for 20 years!!!! Last time I ate I actually had some meat, I don't know what it is that makes me crave it but my friend who was also vegetarian has started on the meat since being on the diet!

I find myself sniffing my son's ham sarnies lol

Lol, I'm obsessed with meat on this diet - after being a vegetarian for 20 years!!!! Last time I ate I actually had some meat, I don't know what it is that makes me crave it but my friend who was also vegetarian has started on the meat since being on the diet!

I find myself sniffing my son's ham sarnies lol
LOL, thats really funny - Gordon ramsey would be proud of you both!

Back